[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people still use Brackets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: [].jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
[].jpg
18KB, 200x200px
Before the massive move to VS Code and Atom, people used Brackets, and before that Sublime Text. Its the half of 2017, and to still people use Brackets? How is it compared to VS Code now?
>>
>>61537499
>Implying people switched from Sublime to Brackets

Nobody uses Brackets. Few use Atom. VS Code and Sublime are the heavy hitters
>>
>>61537499
I used it when I was learning front-end webdev. Brackets is a great tool at that. But I found it too unstable for everyday projects.
Sublime is still the best.
>>
>>61537588
And compared to VS Code, how is it? From what I heard, Code consumes more RAM, while Brackets and Sublime use much less RAM.
>>
>>61537532
Fpbp
>>
>>61537532
>Nobody uses Brackets.
this was my understanding even back when vscode and atom didn't exist

mainly it served as a reference implementation of "webshit UI integrated into a native app container" before electron was a thing (and depending on what you're doing and how much native stuff you use, that approach can work much better than cancertron)
>>
>>61538156
Once I tried to open a log file of my node web application which was nearly 300mb. Atom just crashed while I was still able to open it and even scroll through it using sublime.
Too bad sublime is a proprietary software so I am using Kate text editor now which too does a good job.
>>
>>61538156
electron uses the chromium embedded framework (libcef) living inside a nodejs host (so two entire JS engines and all the ram waste that entails)

brackets uses the same web engine (libcef) in a native c++ host, so it only has the browser's V8 instance eating up memory
>>
>>61537499
You don't need Brackets if you use Webpack with the Browsersync plugin.
>>
I tried to use bracket but the abysmal keymapping put me off
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.