[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S7 tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: s7white.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
s7white.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
Just bought an S7. Any recommendations or should I leave it running 6.0.1 without doing any changes?

Also do you recommend any protection? I was considering this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkmj-K48q60

Not sure if I should also buy the screen protector also. Does it make it less responsive?
>>
Is Lineage OS any good for S7?
>>
>>61536999
>Lineage OS
do you have to root it to install that?
>>
>>61537067

Well, a bootloader will have to be unlocked. IIRC only the exynos version can be unlocked which happens to be a pain to port custom ROMs to.
>>
>>61536987
Buy a case, buy a screen protector. Read up on guides how to unlock it and get Lineage OS.
Stock android from Samsung is shit, has a lot of stuff running in the background and using just battery and resources.
>>
>>61537092

My experience with custom ROMs is that they aren't necessarily more battery friendly because they lack the hardware specific power saving tricks that vendors use. They are most of the time faster and cleaner looking because there isn't any bloat.
>>
>>61537088
I have the exynos

Im not an adanved user tho. What does Lineage do that I can't do with the 6.0.1 Marshmallow?

>>61537092
Isn't the Rhinoshield bumper and protector good enough? looks solid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQ4fuiPn7Y

Unless you are autistic as fuck and drop the phone from the eiffel tower it should be safe from regular drops with this one.

>>61537148
From what i've read stock 6.0.1 gives around 5 to 6 hours of screen daily. Im not going to be staring at the screen anywhere near that because I had lasik eye surgery years ago and contnue to have great vision I think mostly thanks to the fact that I don't overuse the phone, only when I need to (siting on a train and whatnot). Im not a normie so no endless whatsapp messaging.
>>
I have used mine for a year now.
Get a Spigen case and a screen protector as well if it is the Edge version. The screen protector falls out on the Edge after a while.
No, they don't become less responsive.
The stock samsung rom is pretty good actually I just threw nova launcher on it and it is kicking fast and steady.
There are a lot of custom roms on xda if you want to try some out. Lineage os has a shit camera btw if you want to try it.
You might want to try the stock lite whatever rom as well.
However you can disable bloat apps anyway so I haven't bothered to jump from custom Rom to another like I did on my old LG G3. It just works.
You also have to know that your warranty will be void if you install twrp to install custom roms since it makes your Knox counter from 0 to 1. (Cannot be reversed)
>>
>>61537309
>if it is the Edge version
Unless*
>>
>>61537309
I've heard the Rhinoshield is better than the Spigen.

It's S7 flat like on the pic.

Im not doing any custom rom shit desu. Just tell me what bloatapps to disable?
>>
>>61537370
You don't really have to disable them. They get inactive by the system if you're not using them and you won't encounter a possible error which you could get by disabling them.
At least this is what I am doing right now. I just hid the app icons from the app drawer with nova launcher.

Bloat apps are obvious
Gmail if you're gonna use the email app
Hangouts
Photos
OneNote
Onedrive
Samsung Gear
Etc.

You can also buy/pirate package disabler pro. It shows all the components that you can/should disable with it.
>>
>>61537446
any word on the cases?

this rhinoshield bumper looks insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHRKdMEoF0&feature=youtu.be

and this test was with no screen protector, only the bumper
>>
>>61537597
Probably same materials used in Spigen tough armor, which I have. Idk about the rhinoshield much, get whichever you want.
S7's back is glass though so the tougher the better.
I would also suggest that you get a slim/plastic ones to use at home. Carrying these rugged cases all the time especially inside gets to be a hassle after a while and also makes the phone get hotter than usual in the summer especially during quick charge.
>>
>>61536987
Get Superman ROM nouget version. It works great, has root enabled with magisk masking so you can still use apps that detect root (Snapchat), audio mod witch enables both speakers, camera mod witch increases bitrate of videos and higher resolution pictures, edge features enabled, Etc etc.

I use a wallet case, so I don't need a screen protector.
But it's a great phone
Forgot I had it in my pocket when diving in a lake, it's rated for 1.5m, well I went beyond 5m and it still works perfectly
>>
>>61537734
I don't want to use quick charge because ive heard it cuts the battery life.

How do I guarantee quick charge mode is OFF??

what slim case do you recomen to use at home?

And the thought armor one isn't in white... this sucks. I bought the phone white, imported it because I liked the color, I dont want one that will not show the white color.

Any other cases?

What I dont like about the rhinoshield is that isnce its a bumper, i've heard pressing the buttons is a bit annoying they become too stiff, also, when removing it you may curve the phone..
>>
>>61537843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOesTjEeCs4

what about this one?

i just dont want to be annoyed by not being able to properly push the lateral buttons like the volume buttons
>>
>>61537843
Battery > advanced settings
It will take forever to charge your phone without quick charge and it's not like your battery is not going to degrade in time if you don't use the qc. It doesn't have a dramatic damage battery life to be honest.
Yeah the tough armor makes pressing the buttons a little harder but not as much as the iPhone cases I have had before for my iPhone 6.
Neo hybrid looks like a nice choice.
>>
>>61537734
How is your battery life with that rom?
>>
File: cases.png (692KB, 1272x868px) Image search: [Google]
cases.png
692KB, 1272x868px
>>61537952
I can't decide between these two:

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s7/products/galaxy-s7-case-crystal-shell?variant=12242618497

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s7/products/galaxy-s7-case-neo-hybrid-crystal-1?variant=11773097153

The first one claims to have military grade protection and the other which is more expensive doesnt...?? wtf

Then there's also this one but has 2 shit reviews:

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s7/products/galaxy-s7-case-ultra-hybrid?variant=11908698433

Honestly im confused at what one to buy. They make so many ones that I don't know what to buy. What's the big deal?
>>
Everyone is saying that these transparent cases get a yellowish tone after like a couple months............ asdasd
>>
>>61536987
>tfw I was going to buy an s7 a week ago, but they didn't have any in stock online and it had a micro usb instead of usb c
I ended up getting an s8 instead, but I've been using spigen mainly for a few years now. I've tried a bunch of others and spigen always seemed to have the best quality with the cheapest prices. You can always find spigen products on amazon for half the price of anywhere else.
>>
>>61537597
The case you want is a Supcase Unicorn Beetle. Complete protection with built in screen protector.

Your phone will still look slick and professional and have from my findings, the best drop protection as well as enhance water protection.
>>
>>61537952
It takes roughly 1 hour to charge Without quick charge.. I charge it in the morning while getting ready for work.
>>
>>61540142
But like I said before, I see tons of comments about Spigen and pretty much ALL transparent cases turning into a brown/yellowish washed out tone after a couple months and I don't want to be buying new ones every X.

>>61540354

This one?

Will the transparent back get yellowish?

Where's the built in screen protector at?

And they don't have it in white. My S7 is white, so that black mark doesn't look good.

Rhinoshield has white ones so it will look slick on my phone:

https://rhinoshield.io/products/samsung-galaxy-s7-bumper-case?variant=29252755265

Also the Supcase looks too bulky with that armor type design desu.

>Supcase Unicorn Beetle
>>
>>61540883
Forgot Supcase link

https://www.supcase.com/galaxy-s7-unicorn-beetle-slim-case.html?color=344

>>61540382
Yeah, I dont know why the fuck you would risk it with fast charging, in the long term im sure it has an impact.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.