[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really, really miss PDAs /g/. Why am I not allowed to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 13

File: 1449000474352.jpg (136KB, 671x935px) Image search: [Google]
1449000474352.jpg
136KB, 671x935px
I really, really miss PDAs /g/.

Why am I not allowed to have a pocketable Windows Computer WITH A FUCKING STYLUS.

CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREENS THAT MAKE YOU FAT FINGER EVERYTHING DON'T FUCKING WORK

I miss the 100k++ apps built specifically for that platform.

I miss the courage developers had for pushing the desktop experience onto such a small screen.

Today they don't fucking do that. You stupid fucking app developers, yeah, you are stupid, stupid low IQ pajeets who can't write code worth shit don't know what it was like 10 years ago.

If I saw snapchat 10 years ago, and was told that that would be the future of mobile software development, and that their company was at one point worth $20 billion, I would've offed myself.

pic related. it was Microsoft porting full blown Windows 7 to a phone. can't run their x86 emulation project because Jewtel won't allow it.
>>
this is now a pda/pocket pc thread.
>>
hey, remember when even Windows Mobile phones ran android before android even came out?
>>
>>61535328
just get a galaxy note you dumb shit.
>>
File: bellui.jpg (346KB, 1024x457px) Image search: [Google]
bellui.jpg
346KB, 1024x457px
remember when the curtain wall (when you swipe the top on every phone now) first appeared on Windows Mobile?
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-note-4-02.jpg (122KB, 580x456px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-note-4-02.jpg
122KB, 580x456px
closest thing to a PDA.

The problem is the lagdroid, botnet OS (Windows is also a botnet now I guess)

Literally nothing utilizes its stylus so there's really no point. Also the Note 5 is the latest so far, 2 years later. N7 is a ghost.
>>
>>61535369
I still could never get android tablet UI working on this. Nobody on XDA cooked up a rom, mainly because it's a bitch to work with.
>>
File: DB7Ax1uXUAASjVs.jpg (134KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
DB7Ax1uXUAASjVs.jpg
134KB, 1200x674px
Sorry, the future of mobile computing is here
>>
>>61535347
rofl, this

Why do you NEED windows on a portable device, anyway?
>>
>>61535444
Because I WANT it you underage cocksucking faggot
>>
File: 1491572828812.jpg (63KB, 752x423px) Image search: [Google]
1491572828812.jpg
63KB, 752x423px
>>
>>61535481
This is the future I wanted
>>
File: 1491979241693.jpg (40KB, 810x456px) Image search: [Google]
1491979241693.jpg
40KB, 810x456px
>>61535506
This is the future we all wanted :(
>>
>>61535328
Pick up a 15 year old piece of tech and put XP on it if you want it so badly. What do you even want? Windows 10 on on a PDA? Pretty sure those exists they're called winblows 2 in 1s.
>>
File: redfly2008.jpg (103KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
redfly2008.jpg
103KB, 750x750px
>>61535535
1. I want to put it in my pocket and walk around with it comfortably

2. I want a fucking STYLUS with it instead of fat fingering everything

Fucking hate 2017. I hate how now I have money to spend on technology.... I can't buy the things I want because moron companies are run by pajeets and everyone is a fucking IDIOT when it comes to using technology.

Are the chinks our only hope? I've seen them produce some interesting things, I've even seen pocket windows PCs at CES before. The problem is they were usually a little too large and didn't offer stylus support, or were just cheap crap.
>>
>>61535328
>Why am I not allowed to have a pocketable Windows Computer WITH A FUCKING STYLUS.
Because most of the world realised that desktop Windows on pocket devices is a poor fit and styluses are a pain in the arse, and moved on. It also turns out that practically no-one actually needs to use desktop software on a handheld device; any task you need desktop software for is better done on a desktop or laptop, and any task that requires a handheld can be better done with a purpose-built tablet/smartphone app.

Now I am a little nostalgic for the interesting devices that existed in that brief period when mobile technology was advanced enough for decent handheld computing but before the advent of the smartphone as we know it, but that's it.

>>61535464
And I want a job where I get paid a fortune to do fuck all, but let's be realistic here.
>>
>>61535526
Is this the fashionable woman chatting to her girlfriends? Where is the cup of coffee placing next to her?
>>
File: 1480061738132.jpg (747KB, 800x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1480061738132.jpg
747KB, 800x1700px
>>61535700
Okay dipshit, why don't you try and copy a portion of a row in excel with 5000 columns and rows and paste it onto a word document, then change the font to something fancy.

YOU CAN'T DO THIS BECAUSE THE EXCEL GETS ZOOMED IN LIKE 5000x AND IF I ZOOM OUT IT'S TOO SMALL FOR MY FAT FINGER TO NAVIGATE

Why don't you open 14 tabs in chrome at once, and have them run two processes at once?

Try selecting text and copying and pasting something with your fat fucking finger. It doesn't goddamn work you piece of shit normie

Try pulling up the html source of a website, then editing or scrolling through it at an appropriate font on your phone with your fat finger. DO I NEED A SEPARATE APP FOR THAT !!???? WHY CAN'T THAT BE BUILT INTO THE BROWSER

Oh, I want to paste a link? I have to tap the screen like 4 times to highlight it, hope to god I get all the characters in, press and hold, click on the odd paste icon, then hit enter. Then it goes to the mobile site by default always.

This shit is miserable. You literally have no idea what suffering has been brought about the general population Steve Jobs has done.
>>
File: jornada.jpg (29KB, 440x323px) Image search: [Google]
jornada.jpg
29KB, 440x323px
i wanted this thing so badly
it even has a 56k modem
>>
>>61535680
I have one of those. It was pretty comfy but slow as balls.
>>
>>61535960
I'll tell you why not, genius: because using a stylus or finger, iOS/Android or Windows, doing that shit on a handheld is going to suck.

If I need to fuck with 5000-row spreadsheets, I'm going to use a laptop. If I'm going to be opening up 14 web pages at once, laptop for preference and I might do it on a tablet, but no fucking way am I doing it on a phone/PDA. If I'm trawling through and editing HTML code, laptop.

Has it occurred to you that you might be the retard here? That trying to do all those things on a handheld is clumsy and horrible anyway, that they really should be done on at least a laptop?
>>
File: opisafag.jpg (39KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
opisafag.jpg
39KB, 450x470px
>>61536075
>I'll tell you why not, genius: because using a stylus or finger, iOS/Android or Windows, doing that shit on a handheld is going to suck

It won't work because iOS and Android aren't optimized for styluses you fucking idiot

>I'm going to use a laptop.
Can't carry one in your pocket, faggot. I'm sorry but I'm not carrying around a man purse

Has it occured to you that you might be the faggot here? That trying to do all those things as homosexual as possible might be clumsy and horrible? That you really should be doing on a Pocket PC?

pic related. it's you, manpurse carrying "If I need to fuck with 5000-row spreadsheets I'm going to use a laptop" faggot.
>>
>>61536168
>It won't work because iOS and Android aren't optimized for styluses you fucking idiot
I'll rephrase it for you, then: using a stylus on a Windows PDA or a finger on a smartphone, doing that on a handheld is going to suck.
>>I'm going to use a laptop.
>Can't carry one in your pocket, faggot. I'm sorry but I'm not carrying around a man purse
Why are you so hung up on doing all your computing from your pocket? I don't see what the big deal is about chucking a laptop in a backpack.
>Has it occured to you that you might be the faggot here? That trying to do all those things as homosexual as possible might be clumsy and horrible? That you really should be doing on a Pocket PC?
Man, I thought you were an idiot before, but seriously? Laptop = homosexual?
>>
File: archphone.png (1MB, 1273x704px) Image search: [Google]
archphone.png
1MB, 1273x704px
>>61535328
I've seen a few video's of people installing arch on their phone. All we'd really need after that is a good window manager to go with it and the problem would be solved.
>>
>>61535395
What are those?
>>
and microsoft still managed to fuck it up they couldve been the benchmark for smartphone os's but were too autistic with trying to put a desktop environment into a fucking phone
>>
and now theyre trying to bring the smartphone environment onto desktops fucking autism
>>
>>61536352
The problem is always the closed nature of android drivers. You will never get any sort of vanilla linux on your phone.
Hopefully libhybris will get somewhere some day.
>>
>>61535395
>>61536508

GPD Pocket
>>
Windows Mobile was fucking shit. I had to support that garbage. ActiveSync was a particularly steaming pile of shit. Some percent of machines would just have completely broken sync, even after fixing all the things that could possibly break it. Only solution was a complete reinstall, just to sync with your fucking pda.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.