[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/uys, I'm interested in how people make games that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tpb-bubs.jpg (34KB, 570x374px) Image search: [Google]
tpb-bubs.jpg
34KB, 570x374px
Hey /g/uys, I'm interested in how people make games that are exclusively for consoles emulatable for PC.

I tried googling it but all i can find is how to install emulators or download roms and stuff like. That's not what I'm curious about. I'm wondering how people actually make a console game able to play on a PC

Anyone got any links to video series or webpages or anything?
>>
you sound retarded but I think this is what you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH94fKtGr0M
>>
>virtualize the console's cpu/gpu/graphics
>rip the rom
>create an interface

it's so fucking simple and that's while emulators have been around 20+ years
>>
>>61534892
Why don't they do that with PS4 games?
>>
>>61534900

>moderate advanced dedicated hardware that's harder to emulate
>probably some security hasps in the ps4 to lock their shit down
>>
>>61534851
The emulation communities are fairly open since they typically get all the help they can muster, so I think you'd be better served by, for instance, going to the forums for PCSX2 or Dolphin or another emulator and asking the developers directly. I think they'd be glad to tell you or point you in the right direction, since it's a group effort, and so I think they should have common references.

Conceptually it's partially about reverse-engineering the way the target processor handles data and wrapping it to x86, partially from studying the hardware itself and any potential documentation from the odd dev kit and also from the game code. Developer materials are so important to this that the original Xbox still hasn't been emulated simply because no one can find any, even though it's practically a PC architecture.
Of course some CPU architectures are so inherently different to x86 that they may ignore or normally process instructions that would cause x86 to explode, so hacks are often implemented so as to cause the game to produce the correct result, even if they underlying code is a mess. With really simple consoles from the 8-bit era, we have enough computing power to essentially virtually reproduce the entire hardware stack down to the transistor.
>>
>>61535081
Awesome, thanks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.