[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/, im having some laptop troubles and thought you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: screen.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
hey /g/, im having some laptop troubles and thought you guys might be able to help me

I threw my controller at my laptop screen in a frenzied rage and this was the result. obviously the laptop is still usable if i connect it to an external display via HDMI, but I may need to use it as a laptop in the future away from home. I am thinking about buying replacement parts and doing the screen fix myself, as I have installed GPU's in my desktop in the past with no trouble. The repair parts dont seem to be too pricey, however am I not sure if I would just need a replacement for the LCD screen, or something more.

How would I know the total amount of parts I need to replace this screen on my own, without taking it to a repair shop and them telling me I might need extra thing that "only they carry" or without having to pay them to look at it and tell me what I need?
>>
>>61533161
You can try not acting like a fucking child next time.
>>
Full screwdriver kit and a replacement screen.

You can get replacement screens from https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/ . The site looks like shit, but I've used them before.
>>
>>61533210
this is what I found on amazon as far as replacement screens go. I have an HP Probook 450 g1, so would this suffice? https://www.amazon.com/HP-PROBOOK-Replacement-Shipping-Warranty/dp/B00TXW25T0

In the section where it says "Frequently bought together", it has another item listed, which is why I was unsure if I would need anything more than just the replacement screen

I am pretty sure I have the needed screwdrivers around the house, but if not I can probably take a trip to home depot and get something like that
>>
>>61533188
This. I've never understood how people do this. It's just a game, you fucking faggot. Are you a pro gamer? Are you gonna lose any money if you lose? Do you not care about the obvious consequences (ie: wasting precious 4chan megabytes with this type of trashpost?). Git gud you fucking faggot
>>
>>61533188
>>61533255
Im a baby apparently. I have tape on the said controller already, but instead of risking hurting the controller even more I thought it would be genius to chuck it straight at my screen. im not sure what im problem is
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.