[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: biggest memes in computers I'll start >(((Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 13

>ITT: biggest memes in computers
I'll start
>(((Japanese Capacitors)))
>>
>>61532030
American everything
>>
chinkpads
>>
File: 41Dqk0RZhTL.jpg (30KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
41Dqk0RZhTL.jpg
30KB, 500x371px
>>61532030
Jap caps are still better than chink ones. Might as well put the best caps you can into something since they are usually the things that die first.

Still think obnoxious heat spreaders on ram is the biggest meme since we haven't needed them since DDR3 even the high clocked shit
>>
More than one monitor is a meme. You can only look at one place at once
>>
>>61532181
Dual monitors are nice since you don't have to keep minimizing and maximizing windows when looking at something.
2bh, it would work best in an office setting where someone would be copping data into a spread sheet or something, but gaymers seem to have a hard-on for it.
>>
>>61532181
It saves not having to alt tab
Or if you're editing something and need to look at some reference
Saying one monitor is enough is stupid
>>
>>61532030
Japan produce most capacitors,begin good quality but don't begin exotics or best world quality.

Like YKK biggest zipper maker but jeans don't say japaneses zipper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YKK
>>
heat spreaders on RAM
mechanical keyboards
gaymur anything including mice
144Hz and memesync
herman miller or whatever chairs
noctua fans
>>
>>61532030
The Japanese capacitor meme USED to have meaning 10-15 years ago when chink caps were complete shit and bulged after a year, but today it's just marketing. Even JonnyGuru has stopped deducting points in CPU reviews for "lesser" chink caps, since they're all of a good standard these days.
>>
>>61532030
op was too young to remember the Troubles
>>
>>61532030
Fuck you OP, I hope your chinese chink capacitors blow.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
>>
made in usa
>>
144hz meme, good look getting all your games running at that speed, let alone actual new games that are me demanding, also some games are capped at 60 fps.
>>
>>61532181
t. guy who doesn't have a job
Separate physical monitors are good for organization. You can have multiple applications in full screen at the same time in their intended viewing size.
Even when arguing for widescreen monitors, most applications are designed to be used in full screen on one monitor--good luck getting that to interact well on a widescreen.

Multiple separate monitors are just a superior way of doing things, for both context switching and keeping application design in mind.
>>
>>61532030
what? you want burger capacitors or something?
>>
>>61532324
Are you talking about electrolytics or polymers? I know for sure he doesn't deduct chink polymers, but last I checked which admittedly was a while ago chink electrolytic caps were still low tier.
>>
>>61532474
you mean designed in usa?
>>
iTX form factor
>>
RGB RAM
And heat spreaders that stick up over the top of the RAM stick
>>
>>61532662
>High reliability Japanese capacitors? You know, after my long rant from that Corsair review last week, I am starting to think differently about capacitor quality. You could say my eyes have been opened to a stark realization... the bad old days of capacitors dropping dead left and right are mostly over, except for the "off the back of a white van," brands that are as awful as ever. No longer are the Japanese parts the only good parts in the universe, and they're now often made near the Chinese parts we've been bashing left and right since capacitorgate was a thing fifteen years ago.
>Think about that number. Seriously. Fifteen years is a boatload of time... longer than the lifespan of most electrolytic capacitors, regardless of whose factory they came out of. The big Chinese names have had time now to iron the wrinkles out, and technology has improved. The whole thing started with a formula that got copied down wrong, and that formula likely hasn't been used in ages by the major Chinese brands. Ltec, Teapo, OST, Capxon... when was the last time any of you saw one of these fail? Wait, let me answer that. The last ones I saw failed were the OSTs on one of my Asrock 939Dual-VSTA motherboards. Those came out in 2005. Ten years ago, when I was just getting into my thirties. Folks, you don't stay in business by not addressing issues like this.
>No, I think for at least the past five years I've been unnecessarily harsh on the Chinese capacitors. My scoring on them is going to change starting today. I'll likely start looking at them like I do fans... if what I see is decent, no scoring penalty. If what I see, however, is obviously cheap crap; that's when I score.
>>
>>61532324
That's only polymer, and Jap electrolytics are still objectively superior. Nobody has anything that holds a candle to high end Panasonic or Rubycon lines spec-wise, and their GP caps are older than most two or three chink companies put together.
>>
>>61532351
>paying through the nose for a PSU
>>
>>61532868
Yea I don't agree with that. It's not that the capacitors spew their guts in a few years like they did on those old boards which was the case with capacitor plague, but in my experience Chinese capacitors have lower lifespans. They lose capacitance in a few years and eventually (maybe in 5 years, maybe in 10) the power supply will start malfunctioning.

It's not really a big deal if you get Chinese caps on your 50 dollar PSU, but if I see them in my 200 dollar PSU I'm gonna be not too happy about it.
>>
>>61532868
> be jonnyguru
> unemployed after bfg implosion
> get a job with (((corsair)))
> (((corsair))) starts putting chinkshit caps in $100+ power supplies
> jonnyguru.com says chinkshit caps are acceptable now

Seems legit.
>>
>>61532954
>Yea I don't agree with that

That's fine, but I'll take OklahomaWolf's word over yours any day, friend. His reputation and track record speak for themselves. You're free to do as you wish of course.
>>
>>61533000
I don't care whose word you take. I'm not gonna buy high end power supplies with cheap capacitors even if the guy working for Corsair says it's okay.
>>
>>61532181
One monitor is for those who are tech illiterate.
Two monitors is for work.
Three monitors is for play.
4 - 16 monitors are for flight simulators.
>>
>>61532996
>/pol/ parentheses
go back.
>>
>>61533015
And I don't care what PSU you choose to buy. I'm glad we've reached an understanding on this.

Also, Jeremy Schrag and Jon Gerow are two different people. But I'm sure you knew that.
>>
>>61532286
Heat spreaders on RAM are useful only if you're overclocking them. Noctua fans are ugly but pretty good at what they were made to do. I agree on everything else.
>>
>>61532030
Audiophile trash and expensive headphones are the biggest memes I've seen shilled on this board.
>>
>>61533053
Why are you telling me that you're not gonna take my word, then? I never asked you to behave in a certain way according to my preferences. I just told you that I don't buy his argument and you went full marketing on me.
>>
>>61533057
ugly doesn't matter, it's inside your fucking case
but they're just too expensive
I can find fans that do just as good for less money
>>
>>61533048
Not an argument.
>>
Ultrawide
>>
>>61533089
>le memeneux memes
fuck off back to your containment board, turd
>>
>>61533075
The idea that "audiophiles" even exist is a meme. Same with MUH GOLDEN EARS.
>>
>>61533102
I think you're probably an escaped resident of said containment board yourself, given how you seem to know exactly what he's talking about.
>>
File: taco-bell-logo.jpg (257KB, 1200x1451px) Image search: [Google]
taco-bell-logo.jpg
257KB, 1200x1451px
>>61532181
>t. A guy who doesn't think outside the bun
>>
>>61532181
Stop sitting so close to your monitors
>>
>>61533078
You replied to my post telling me that you don't agree with what he wrote. I told you in response that the opinion of some random anonymous holds no value to me. Perhaps you could quote the part where I went "full marketing" and tried to sell you something, because I distinctly remember saying that I don't care at all what you spend your money on.
>>
>>61533111
/pol/ users spam parenthesis around any word they don't like. It's not a big secret.
>>
>>61532030
GNU/Linux
>>
>>61532996
>>61533015
>le corsair boogeyman

Corsair are one of the fucking companies that advertises the JapCap meme hard to make their products seem more valuable. Why the fuck would they, of all companies, want you to know that chink caps are fine after spending so much time trying to convince you that you need PREMIUM JAPANESE CAPCITOR 1000% LONGER LIFESPAN BUY TODAY?
>>
>>61533000
Give me Phaedrus2129 over OklahomaWolf. Shame he's an eVGA shill now, but at least the knowledge is being put to use somewhere.
>>
>>61532324
Chink Rubycon caps specifically are great and durable.
Now shit like capxon, those just die.
>>
>>61533053
>Also, Jeremy Schrag and Jon Gerow are two different people
If you spend any time there at all you notice the two are total buttbuddies. Maybe if he went off and started writing for okwolf.com I'd take his opinion on Corsair products seriously, but the way he insinuates himself with Jon makes his objectivity on the matter really, really questionable.
>>
>>61533111
They post their shitty memes everywhere. It doesn't take a cryptologist to check sources.
>>
>>61532886
seasonic is pretty affordable.
>>
>>61533145
Because they know their brand is so valuable now they can just shit in a box and charge $60 for it.
>>
>>61532220

This

Single greatest productivity booster at my office
>>
>>61532030
manual defrag
>>
>>61533120
Why did you feel it necessary to tell me that my opinion holds no value to you?
First of all, I know this already. And secondly, you have no reason to believe I give a shit about your opinion any more than you give a shit about mine.
I asked you for information, you provided it - which I am happy for. Yet instead of just shrugging off my dismissal of said information as inadequate to prove a point, you felt the need to market the credibility of the source.

>>61533145
Because then they can put chink caps in their 200 dollar PSUs and sell them for same price which increases their profit. Chinese capacitors are considerably cheaper.
This is why you don't have a successful business.

They can save millions of dollars by switching to Chinese capacitors, it's only a matter of whether they can get people to accept them or not. I don't know if they can. I wouldn't accept it, but I'm sure some people would.
>>
>>61532030

>Linux is actually a viable operating system option beyond storage and network administration.

It isn't, stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>61533341
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>61532030
GAMING
>>
>>61532030
>Apple is superior
>>
>>61533341
There are several other applications for the linux.
It's just desktop that is not one.
>>
>>61533341
It's viable for a techie.
>>
>>61532030
>>(((Japanese Capacitors)))
I buy broken TVs and monitors. 95% of the time, it's bad chink caps. I always replace them with Jap caps and they always work well. I offer 1 yr warranty and I never get returns due to caps failing.

Just keep thinking that jap caps are a meme... I make money off that meme.
>>
>>61532030
Not a meme , i fix electronics and they break quite often.
>>
>>61533145
because they want to charge premium price for cheap chink shit?
my dear goy.
>>
>>61533256
people are buying corsair cx instead of seasonic.
>>
>>61533499
are those tvs japanese, corea or chink branded?
>>
>>61533700
mostly Samshit and LG plus tons of ASUS, Dell etc. They're full of chink caps.

I never buy broken SONY TVs because it's usually not the caps that are fucked so it takes me long time to figure out what's wrong and a repair ends up being too expensive and I make no profit.
>>
>>61533123
What the fuck are you saying. How fucking dumb are you? Stop spouting shit you heard you faggot. It's the fucking russians who use the parenthesis. Get the fuck out of here you fucking redditor
>>
>>61532886
>buy a cheap psu
>caps fail spectacularly and spay electrolytic fluid all over the motherboard
>motherboard shorts out

"but muh meme jap caps"
>>
Alienware
>>
>>61533117
I like you, you've got taste
>>
>>61533341
Your post is a meme. I use linux every day and I run windows on it virtually when needed. Is it not viable for me? Actually windows has some advantages for networking. Linux makes a very useful desktop for someone's personal machine. The machine that is yours that you do things for on your own time.

Your entire post embodies a meme. That is my contribution to this thread.
>>
>>61532286
t. casualfag that has never experienced 120hz
>>
>>61534272
>tfw can't get 30fps on my hd7770
mgsv tpp can get 60fps 1080p high to medium settings though.
>>
>>61532030
AMD CPUs
>>
>>61534840
those are great
>>
>>61534768
MGSV is locked at 60fps by default for some reason, but can easily be uncapped by editing a text file. Physics aren't tied to FPS, so I don't know why they did it.
>>
>>61532155
>>61532286
I think the heat spreaders are nice to have for installing the ram 2bh. Makes it easier for me at least. Though ricey heat spreaders are stupid
>>
>>61534272

t. an ignorant parrot
>>
>>61532181
Lol, you sound dumb. I bet you can't even touch type.
>>
>>61532155
jap caps are relevant if you actually some experience and wisdom or your just older. I'm getting older and I've seen the cheap non jap caps fail far too many times. people need to get some life experience under their belt before they talk shit. You're spot on with the meme spreaders on ram or say the m.2 nvme drives. what's the fucking point?
>>
>>61532286
>mechanical keyboards
this I can't agree with since I grew up when all keyboards were mechanical. they're still superior too apparently.
>>
>>61533075
Are you saying expensive headphones have diminishing price to quality ratio or are you saying all headphones sound the same? When are headphones too expensive?
>>
>>61533075
>>61533106
I mean if all you're getting is low tier Sony, Sol Republic, Skullcandy, Beats shit then you make the meme seem actually worth it unless you're getting tubes and retarded expensive "Summit-Fi" shit like HD 800/Focal Elear and Sennheiser Orpheus then that's when it's a meme.
>>
>>61534933
I knew a guy that services ATMs, he was the first one to tell me about the Chinese capacitor problem. Apparently they tried to steal the recipe for the electrolyte but got it wrong and caused the whole exploding after a couple years thing.
He says it still happens because the motherboards they use in atms are the cheapest of the cheap and chinese made parts are dubious till proven otherwise
>>
>>61532286
My Logitech G400 is called gaming mouse for whatever reason. I really like it, though.
>>
File: Capture.png (268KB, 1417x681px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
268KB, 1417x681px
>>61534961
>When are headphones too expensive?
Somewhere between 100 burgers and here
>>
>>61532286
Someone is poor and salty and there is a difference between 144 and 60 you faggots can't argue with science.
>>
>>61532181
>not having a cheap 900p TN to browse 4chan while you work
>>
>>61532286
>poorfags
>>
>>61534977
I used to service ATM's and Coinstar machines for a bit down here. It was a nice gig. I jumped ship at a tech company just before the great depression in 2007/2008. I ran the HQ data center. It was much more relaxing and no bullshit.
>>
>>61532286
>chairs
I'm sitting in my office in a Herman Miller chair right now, shit's cash but too expensive.
>>
>>61535010
The human eye can't see above 4fps
>>
>>61532564
>he can't edit files
>his computer is THIS shit
>>
>>61534961
>When are headphones too expensive
With my poor ass being around /hpg/ and talk to people that own a lot of audio shit, I'd think around $400ish USD if you just want one home pair of headphones before the cost of a decent amplifier or DAC.
>>
>>61532699
American designed capacitors are low quality. Even made in America is low quality.
>>
>>61535032
Massdrop is offering their own branded version of HD650 for $199 and it's fucking dirt cheap. It's all you will ever need. I'm so jealous because I'm in Canada and it becomes $350 after being raped in the ass by currency conversion and import fees. Thank god nobody here is sperging out over $200 tops.
>>
>>61535077
>HD 6XX/650
>It's all you'll ever need
That's where it gets tricky. There's sound preference, comfort, open or closed back, over ear/on ear or IEM's/Earbuds (They're different things, trust me) and budget for the headphone and/or the equipment you need for them to actually sound decent. There's a lot of shit to account for if you want something good or go full "retarded consumer" mode and get big brand low tier comsumer shit like 598C's, M50X's, Sennheiser momentums and other dumb shit like that.
>>
>>61535036
I'd love to see an engineering survey on the differences between Nippon Chemicon and UCC products, but I already know you're talking out of your ass.

Kemet has some stuff that looks like it might be legit too.
>>
>>61532265
But you have to move the mouse to interact with the other window, so it's quicker to alt tab even if just to change window focus
>>
File: 1500511740095m.jpg (62KB, 543x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500511740095m.jpg
62KB, 543x1024px
>>61532286
>heat spreaders on RAM
I agree, all gaymer shit
>mechanical keyboards
They aren't any better or worse than past boards
>gaymur anything including mice
True
>144Hz and memesync
144hz works well
Free/gsync are pointless
>herman miller or whatever chairs
True
>noctua fans
They don't really beat other fans
EK vadors out preform them
>>
>>61534999
will it snap?
>>
>>61532220
>minimizing and maximizing windows
>not switching between desktops
shiggidy
>>
>>61533047
I got two monitors at work, but I feel that three would be great.
One each for NX, Teamcenter and one vertical for documents.
>>
>>61532030
didn't even call them japacitators smdh
>>
>>61532030
Hello underage
>>
>>61532181
>half watch YouTube on one monitor
>Type up Email/Docx on center
>Have PDF/eBook/DE open on side for reference
>You can do that all on one monitor though!!1!

Maybe if you are a retard, have fun staring at tiny as fuck windows and constantly alt-tabbing for literally everything while only listening to your videos and having no idea what the fuck is going on.

Pleb.
>>
>>61532868
when was the last time you saw Teapo, Ltec, CapXCon, OST
Yesterday when the psu in my htpc blew up and took the board and the ram with it
LOL

All the caps were swollen and one had exploded
>>
>>61532324
Do you even remember capacitor plague?

Oh wait, I forgot everyone here is 13.
>>
>>61532220
>>61533194
>dual monitors for gaymen
For what purpose? The only thing the second monitor comes in handy for while gaming is having a message client open. Literally not worth 50 bucks, let alone a good monitor's worth.
For work, though, dual monitors are the best thing since sliced bread. Being able to, say, look at docs while typing something in another window is really really comfy.
>>
>>61533000
Literally who?
>>
>>61533047
Three monitors are for programmers, too: docs, editor, project.
>>
>>61533075
Here's my 2 cents.
I agree with you for the most part.

But there is a difference in some things.
Like, with a decent 100$ pair of headphones and you should be able to tell the difference between a garbage YouTube rip and FLAC fairly easily, this isn't a golden ears thing it's just obvious to anyone who isn't deaf or something.
Some people say you can't tell between 320 mp3 and FLAC but I don't think that's true, not for most people at least, it's not easy to put a finger on it but 320 mp3 is just uncomfortable to listen to on some tracks, it sounds dirty and muffled in spots to me, its like its missing some shit it needs to sound normal and open like it should. Soundstage suffers the most from MP3 compression imo.

Now OGG or AAC I would probably agree is pretty close to the point that you probably cant tell the difference most of the time, but given that FLAC isn't really that big in size there's no point not to just go with FLAC when you can, even if you can't hear it why not have lossless anyway? You can always transcode it to any format and it will sound good still.

When people shill for MP3 and say FLAC is shit then I know they are just retarded and/or have shitty apple earpods or beats headphones that sound trash anyway so they wouldn't know good sound if it fucked their mom and stabbed their cat before their eyes. On the flip side, anyone who says that you have to spend a fuckload of money on audio shit to hear things properly is a retard as well. Shilling for 1000$ in audio equipment to listen to 24-Bit chiptunes is so retarded that I can't even begin to describe it.
>>
>>61535719
>The only thing the second monitor comes in handy for while gaming is having a message client open.
That basically sums up what I use both of my secondary monitors for.
>>
>>61535870
>or something.
But everybody is something, anon.
>>
>>61532868
>plz support communist china
>no capitalist japan plz
>>
>>61532886
>These Chinese caps are 0.15¢ cheaper
>They could only ruining everything but muh savings
>>
tell that to my 20yo mobo with sanyo caps
>>
>>61535870
>Some people say you can't tell between 320 mp3 and FLAC
This really depends on the audio content.
On some tracks you will notice it, on some you won't even notice the difference between 256kbps and FLAC.
Honestly I don't have a big audio setup, I just plug HD 201s into my laptop, so v0 or 320 mp3 vs FLAC doesn't really sound much different. And even on some occasions when it does, I don't care enough to keep bigger FLAC files because I have a small 128GiB HDD.
>>
>>61536378
>into my laptop
and there it is
what were you expecting?
Test it out on your smartphone. If you bought a flagship smartphone (you probably did if you're here), it is guaranteed to have a really good DAC. Even better than the portable DACs you can find in the $100 area.
>>
>>61535191
Isn't the idea of Noctua fans supposed to be that they're quieter than all the other brands? T
>>
>>61532181
I will join in and shit on you, also. Fuck you.
>>
>>61536465
You seem knowledgeable about this
What would I need to improve my setup?
I've heard stuff that you need an external sound card, a preamp, an amp, and some other shit so I just never bothered, but I would like having a good setup.
HD 201s should be good entry level headphones so I want to use them to their full potential.
You mention a DAC, is there a way to get something like a portable DAC for my laptop?
>>
File: battlestationv3iowaedition.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
battlestationv3iowaedition.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
>>61533047
what about professional shitposting?
>>
>>61532286
I wish I cared enough to set up my desk to use a big comfy armchair instead of a stupid office chair
>>
>>61535719
well it's useless if you're some fag that literally only uses their computer for gaymen
>>
>>61536544
>mx518 mouse
welcome newfriend
>>
>>61537157
I've had that mouse for probably 5 years
I don't plan on getting a new one until this one breaks
>>
File: уф1.png (9KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
уф1.png
9KB, 350x349px
>>61532181
so many replies indicates the truth of this meme
>>
File: 16 GiB.jpg (37KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
16 GiB.jpg
37KB, 633x758px
16 GiB
>>
>>61537178
the cord will break on you. it always does.
>>
>>61532286
>heat spreaders on RAM
agreed
>mechanical keyboards
depends. Blue cherry switches are garbage but the reds are good
>gaymur anything including mice
programmable buttons are nice
>144Hz and memesync
144Hz is a must. 60Hz is shit stuttery lagfest but FreeSync/GoySync is ultra meme. Can't tell difference between on an off. Placebo redditors keep saying 40fps adaptive sync feels like 60fps but that's not true, they are just placebo faggots and besides, 60fps is garbage, not even 144hz without motion blur is smooth in first person shooter games
ergonomic chairs are good. Ikea bullshit chairs give me neck pains
>noctua fans
agreed. Even my fucking chinkshit fans from hong kong are quieter at 5volts (and let's face it, no one uses their fans at 100%)
>>
>>61532030
>not recapping your motherboard with Panasonic FM series capacitors as soon as you open it

I don't trust those chinese caps for shit.
>>
>>61532030

(((((RAM SPEEEEEEEED))))))
>>
>>61535842
This is fair, yet personally when I do much of my programming I would put docs and plan on the same monitor with editor on the other.

I found when I swapped to three screens I was more distracted and got less done.
>>
>>61535575
When I used vertical ones in the past, I found them to ONLY be good for docs. Any other use and I didn't know what to do with myself.
>>
>>61536544
Uhh....sure. I was talking more about people who contribute to society, so I guess the last category should be split based on your virginity status.
>>
File: 120mm-Fans-Unobstructed.png (49KB, 635x817px) Image search: [Google]
120mm-Fans-Unobstructed.png
49KB, 635x817px
>>61536492
Any good fan will outperform Noctua

Nidec 30.5 dB 66 CFM through rad
Noctua 37 dB 61 CFM through rad

San Ace 26 dB 55 CFM through rad
Noctua 30.5 dB 46 CFM through rad
>>
>>61532155

You would need RAMsinks on FB-DIMMs and RDIMM due to how they work.

DDR3 and DDR4 only required simple RAMsinks if you want to overclock and overvolt the shit of them. JEDEC-spec stuff can run fine naked.
>>
>>61538399
> some fans have same or higher cfm through rad vs unobstructed
I think I'm going to have to question your methodology there, Tim. Measuring CFM correctly is fucking expensive.
>>
>>61532286
i agree with heatspreaders, but they do look good if its a windowed system

mechanical keyboards are not a meme, although artisan keycaps and building your own board definitely are

other than the mx master, every mice that isn't gaming branded is utter shit.

144hz is noticeable in gaming, as is g sync (though v sync is a meme)

herman miller. agreed

noctua fans. agreed
>>
>>61534965
>>61533075
bollocks. beats and other shit like skullcandy are ten times worse than a decent pair of 558s or 650s.

however, past those, its a total meme, like biwiring in speakers and tube amps, which is the biggest meme in the audio industry
>>
>>61535191
I want that bird.
>>
>>61535870
i agree for the most part, but lossless is a complete meme once we reach AAC/mp3 320 where the compression is so unnoticable that doubling the size to go lossless is retarded
>>
>>61532286
Herman miller chairs will literally last at least 15 years.
>>
>>61536525
buy good headphones (fidelio x2, hd 650/600/598/558) first. then a decent DAC. amps don't really add to the quality, they just amplify it (e.g. if you have headphones that require a lot of power)
>>
>>61532030
why would good capacitors be a meme? they are the only thing that makes the board die in normal use and are unreplaceable or really hard to replace now because they arent soldered like they were before.
>>
>>61534933
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9856/angelbird-wings-px1-m2-adapter-review-do-ssds-need-heatsinks/6

How bout you shut the fuck up?
>>
>>61532286
>mechanical keyboards

I type on one because I enjoy it, faggot. If you really think they help on typing speed then you're autistic.
>>
>>61534840
Intel CPUs
>>
>>61535719
>I don't need it so it's a meme!
I keep my server status monitors, email client, production camera view and browser on 2 screens and windowed without border gaym on 3rd screen.
>>
>>61532043
>This
>>
>>61532564

>Can't run anything at 144hz

Get yourself an actual computer jesus fuck
>>
>>61539450
Noctua loses to the Nidec fans in this test too
>>
>>61532564
honestly if I had a 144hz monitor I would lower my settings to hit the higher FPS, I wish my 120hz monitor hadn't died
>>
>>61532030
>Military Class 4 Motherboards
>>
>>61541337
I was in the same camp until I bought a 1080.

Glorious 1440p120 ULMB vsync off, frame rate above 150 always. Most games can be maxed out.
>>
>>61537363
60Hz is great if you don't play twitchy shitty gaymes or gaymes at all for that matter.
>>
>>61541488
144hz is easier on your eyes if you spend long times on the PC
>>
>>61539518
>Anything past HD 650's is a meme
There are a few headphones past that price range that aren't memes though. TH-X00/Emu Teak, Oppo PM3, ER4SR/XR, Audeze EL8 Closed are the few that I wouldn't consider memes after "650 Price Range". Amps and DACs are a weird beast of their own. Most would stop at a Schiit Stack (Magni2/Modi2) or NFB-11 and be good for the rest of their life. Others ,once in a blue moon, legit need more power than that for super power hungry headphones like (HE-5/HE-500/HE-6, can't remember which of the three at the moment need it).
>>
>>61541504
No it isn't.

t. Own one
>>
>>61532030
aio liquid coolers
>>
>>61533048
>getting triggered over funny waves
>>
>>61541514
Yes it is. I have one and my eyes hurt less compared back when i had a 60 hz one.
>>
>>61541570
The problem with your shitty meme is that there is no physical mechanism for refresh rates to strain your eyes. Other things like brightness and the contrast of what you're looking at, sure.

Basically you're a placebo effected moron and should end your life. 144Hz is useless meme with the exception of certain gaymes.
>>
>>61535012
this lmao, I have an old hp one that I use
>>
>>61534878
Nips can't into good game tech.
>>
>>61541601
Listen to yourself. "No physical mechanism"? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>61541671
There is no physical process, no physical mechanism in your eyes for refresh rates to strain them. Unsurprising that a meme shitter like you would be unable to parse text.
>>
>>61532286
>everything that's expensive is a meme
>>
>>61532030
The biggest meme by far is taiwanese motherboards, AMD/Intel lay all the groundwork and they still fuck things up time after time

If you want to see great engineering look at Supermicro, EVGA, Fujitsu or Panasonic laptops, HP is ok too
>>
File: 1499486904283.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499486904283.gif
577KB, 540x540px
Murican HDD
>>
>>61541916
huff duff I'm going to spew psuedoscience that my favorite gaymer shill youtube channel tells me everyday

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.3758%2FBF03211940.pdf

Human visual system can easily see flickers into the hundreds of Hz.
>>
>>61532220
>but gaymers seem to have a hard-on for it.
because alt-tabbing is a fucking mother cunt
>>
>>61542410
Wrong article
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep07861
>>
>>61542326
Who else makes drives any more? Hitachi is BTFO
>>
>>61542410
Eye strain isn't caused by flickers you fucking retard. Is that simple enough for your mong brain to understand?
>>
>>61542493
>talks out ass with gusto
>fucking retard

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/096032718902100102
>>
>>61542493
Have you never heard of PWM backlight?
>>
>>61541671
This. If anything, 144hz and above will be perceived at exactly the same rate as everything else in the world around you. The only strain comes from staring at a 2d plane.
>>
>>61542563
>Headaches and eye strain caused by lights operating at 100Hz driven by 32kHz
Gaymur refresh rate morons BTFO! Higher refresh rates = more strain and headaches.
>>
>>61542652
screen refresh rate is completely irrelevant to eyestrain. what matters is the clock on the backlight because it prevents image flicker, and nearly all LCD screens have one that operates at 200+Hz.
if you take two identical panels with the exception of refresh rate, there will be no difference in eyestrain between the 60Hz model and the 144Hz model.
>>
>>61535228
still can't see two desktops at once.
>>
>>61532030
> MILITARY GRADE
> 5X COPPER
> GAMER WIFI

And basically everything on motherboard manufacturer sites, so yeah.
>>
>>61539563
What do I look for in a DAC? How do I know which ones are good?
Also does the sound card factor in? Is it worth it plugging a good DAC to an onboard integrated laptop card?
>>
>>61545013
Read the entire nwavguy blog and nothing else.
>>
>>61542490
Toshiba are besto hdds
>>
>>61532043
Does it even exist
I assume you are talking about American made products
>>
>>61545013
If you don't know what to look for, get one from HifimeDIY. They're cheap and sound pretty good for just a DAC.
>>
ime/truszone/tor
>>
File: 19nmtg.jpg (23KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
19nmtg.jpg
23KB, 352x352px
>>61532030
>Upgrade to latest BIOS for MOAR speed and shit

Can't even tell you how many times I've updated a perfectly working computer to create way worse problems down the line.

What is it about the human condition that makes me do this shit? I hate myself.
>>
>>61532030
Malware and Antivirus software.

That's right. I said it. I have windows 10, and regularly go to some pretty seedy interwebs.

Never had a virus, malware or ransonware problem once.
>>
>>61545874
What are you talking about? I have Common Sense Pro 2018 and it's saved my ass so many times.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.