[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/g/ hates Powershell now What happened? Did we get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: white_powershell.png (342KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
white_powershell.png
342KB, 640x480px
>/g/ hates Powershell now

What happened? Did we get overrun by poojeets?
>>
> windows
> horrible syntax
> slow
> shit
>>
>>61524949
>now
/g/ always hated powershell
>>
>>61525010
Dis
>>
Any Windows administrator hating PowerShell is doing it wrong.
>>
>>61524961
>windows
Except it's available on other operating systems now too and is open source.
https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

>horrible syntax
Totally depends on how you write it. Things can be executed multiple ways and I don't mean refactoring.

>slow
A lot of powershell-isms are tuined towards command line usage. If those are dropped most of the code can be more easily translated to C# which leads to performance increase. Performance can be further increased by writing, compiling and using C# code directly. It interfaces just like regular .net.

>shit
Constantly on your mind, eh, Mr. Rasheed?

>>61525010
>>61525166
I find no evidence for that.
>>
Calling Powershell shit just means you dont know how to use it.

I prefer both Powershell and Bash though.
>>
>eh, Mr. Rasheed?
You're not fooling anyone, Pajeet.
>>
>>61524949
Created with Clearcode principles in mind. Still most ms sysadmins needs a fucking gui.
>>
>>61525175
Well really anyone being a Windows administrator is doing it wrong.

PS is pretty shit but something that's pretty shit is still a big improvement over nothing at all. Or cmd batch files, which are only a CLI in the sense that MS-DOS was an operating system. But you're still using a shitty tool to administer a shitty operating system, because your shitty managers built their business off of shit that Microsoft conned them into buying that they're now hopelessly locked in to.
>>
>>61525774
Windows isn't a shitty operating system. I haven't worked in fully *nix environment but how else are you going to manage Windows desktops without a Windows infrastructure?
>>
>>61526104
>Windows desktops aren't shitty
>>
>>61525774
>Well really anyone being a Windows administrator is doing it wrong.

Loads of windows admin jobs out there dude.

>Windows desktops aren't shitty
They arent.
Works on more hardware than linux and osx together, Win7 and up is very stable

Whats the alternative? For corperate users it is a must due to Office, Active Directory, GPO and SCCM.

Personally I use it because video games but I really like Windows 10.
>>
>>61526145
Can you explain why they are?

I love UNIX operating systems like the average person in this board (MacOS included) but there isn't anything that can compete in the corporate environment.
>>
Powershell syntax, when used in a script, is better than Bash foolishness.
But when I'm running an interactive shell powershell makes me want to hang myself. Fuck the verb-noun syntax. Somehow they managed to make coMANLETS less consistent than bash command. Explain that bullshit.
>>
I hate powershell because I hate M$ and all it's products! That's why I'm not using it.
I don't care what others use, though, if they like it, fine by me. I don't and I'm not pushing my opinion to anyone, nor I want anyone to push their opinion towards me.

Yes, I hate power shell, because it's m$ product. Fuck m$!!!
>>
>>61526366
Please specify an example of such inconsistency, anon. Custom function and cmdlet names are outside of default naming scope.
Name usage is explained in this document:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms714428%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
It's also good if you're writing your own functions.
>>
>>61526252
>Works on more hardware than linux and osx together, Win7 and up is very stable
too bad its the poster child for how shitty endpoint security is.

>Whats the alternative?
that's not an argument that its good, thats an argument that lots of businesses got locked in. Hell, that's the whole reason why business software companies try so hard to lock customers in, so that they then don't have to bother so much with the quality of their product.

>>61526327
The abovementioned lock-in and security are the big ones. They also have a long history of thinking "Oh, if we make a pretty GUI, then any retard will be able to do this", which is why PS came so late in the game. They didn't realize that computers, operating systems, and system administration in general is an inherently complex task, and that trying to sweep that under the rug just causes more problems.
>>
>>61526433
ha the average user is computer literate so having a well designed UI is just as important as the fundamentals of the OS.

Security could be better but with the combination of AD and SCCM it isn't really a problem. WSUS can handle it fine too. Windows gets a lot of bad press because so many businesses neglect the IT budget.
>>
File: JrvDLLK.png (294KB, 922x1390px) Image search: [Google]
JrvDLLK.png
294KB, 922x1390px
>>
File: 1500246770619.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500246770619.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
/g/ always hated powershell the only difference is that now powershell is actually good
>>
>>61525196
It's not open source. Most of the actual management shit is under a nonfree M$ EULA. Maybe read the fucking third party licenses faggot boy.
>>
>>61527076
Open source doesn't imply free as in freedom license, buttboi.
>>
>>61527104
It very nearly does. Exceptions are rare. Ever read the open source definition? It's adapted from the Debian Free Software Guidelines, which are famously more autistic than the FSF and forbid some GNU content.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.