[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>compsci >go to class >make fun of people for using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: wojak.jpg (43KB, 626x750px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
43KB, 626x750px
>compsci
>go to class
>make fun of people for using windows
>make fun of people for not using FOSS
>make fun of people for listening to music on spotify botnet
>make fun of people for using apple
>i'm the one being laughed at by everyone
>even the professor makes fun of me for using gnu/linux
IT ISN'T FAIR, /G/ TOLD ME WE'RE THE TRUE INTELLECTUALS.
WHY DON'T THESE NORMIES LISTEN TO ME AND MAKE THE MOVE TO FOSS?
>>
>>61520868
You must be going to some shit uni.
>>
>>61520868
>some kid walks into the class
>walks up to me and says im part of a botnet
>ask him what he means
>says he nsa want to steal his dojins
>walks off
>>
>>61520868
what difference does it make what you use
>>
>>61520932
No computer literate person uses proprietary software
>>
>>61520940
thats so wrong, your OS does not make you who you are, you could be a windows user and still know a shit ton about windows internals and programming, this is coming from a linux user, using linux isn't so difficult.
>>
>posting corrupt feelsguy
OK.

Uni is filled with normalfags anyway, that doesn't necessarily mean they're retarded though.
t. Go to the hardest college to get into in the state and I'm the brainlet
>>
>>61520966
This isn't true.
Using a OS does make you who you are , If someone is using Kali Linux then they are a want to be hacker, If someone is using tails they obviously want to hide something, of somebody is using gentoo then.. They fell for the meme..
>>
>>61520982
you can install hacking tools on tails too, you could do the same for gentoo and even windows, your OS does NOT make who you ARE.

I went from windows to linux, am I a smarter or a better person now? Hardly.
>>
>>61520940
This , I agree with you anon.
>>
>>61520995
I can't say the same for myself, When I switched to Linux I learned more of how a OS works, I got into programming and it overall made me smarter computer wise.
>>
Your problem is that you want to be a special snowflake hipster for using free software and GNU/Linux. I use it, because I like it and I don't make fun from other people choices of software SERIOUSLY, I make fun the nice way. Basically, what I mean is that you're a hopeless idiot and no software will help you with this.
>>
>>61521008
what does it matter to you what others use anyway? to be so insecure about yourself to the point where you compare what you USE (not what you might have done or some skill you have built up), is the lowest of the low.

comparing yourself to others though in any way is still a sign that you are extremely insecure, just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>61521057
If someone is telling me
>oh wow I'm know my stuff when it comes to computers
>I also am very secure
I will tell them why they are using Winblows or Chrome.
( Also not OP :^) )
>>
>>61520868
Spotify is the best botnet though lets be honest
>>
>>61521008
actually this
Windows and Mac devives do NOT want you to learn these things
They are actively trying to make you computer illiterate, or they simply are designed for computer illiterate people
The only reason they receive so much attention from companies is because that's where the most money can be made
Switching to Linux, in most cases forces you to at least learn a bit about the OS itself, even if you use ubuntu
Let alone LFS, Arch, Gentoo etc
i learned more installing and using arch for 6 months now than I've learned on windows in the past decade
>>
Next year i will have very basic computer science classes (python ans SQL for science/engineering) and we will use only free/open software (debian on every pc and some shitty open source IDE).
Feels good to be with the master race education.
>>
>>61520995
>I went from windows to linux, am I a smarter or a better person now? Hardly.
Maybe you just have to use the right distro. Personally I switched to Arch Linux and gained like 30 IQ points.
>>
>>61521088
what?
>>
Reminder, OP:
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." - Matthew 7:6
>>
>>61521119
I would say YouTube.
>>
>>61521235

I dunno, YT has created a new generation of retarded Vloggers. I think spotify is best because all it can really farm is my music taste. "Oh no! It knows I listen to freestyler occasionally!" YT does have primitive technology though so there's that.
>>
>>61521164
>school cuts cs budget for gender studies
>spins it as new wave of foss education
>students buy it
>>
File: rigging_animation.jpg (8KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
rigging_animation.jpg
8KB, 250x197px
>>61520920
>>says he nsa want to steal his dojins
>>
>>61521269
Yeah, I agree with the vlogger stuff, also all the cancer such as reaction videos, "pranks", general klick bait, etc.
But I like it since it has most of the same music as Spotify, also ASMR and some YouTubers I enjoy, and a bunch of weeb stuff, which Spotify doesn't. I like it since it's much more general purpose than Spotify.
>>
>in call waiting for the professor to give his lecture
>Browsing music on my phone using Spotify
>Some weird guy from the back comes up to me
>He sports an incomplete beard, mostly on his neck
>He's wearing a trench coat and a fedora
>He asks me how it feels being a part of the botnet
>U wot?
>He says "i bet you also use Windows 10 heh"
>the lecture already started but he's not going away
>He then goes on an on about how he installed linux on his pc and how much linux is superior to other operating systems
>The lecturer gets pissed and demolishes him verbally infront of the class
>He angrily leaves the room with noticable tears in his eyes

He never spoke a word the next day
What a fucking loser.
>>
>>61520868
have you tried not making fun of people
>>
File: apu-yes.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
apu-yes.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>61520868
>Compuer engineering
>c++ class
>exam is a programming project
>uni computers have visual studio
>well, I might go for windows on my x220 for this semester
>install 7 + visual studio
>fuckin 50+GB of my 120G SSD gone
fuck you
>ask prof if I can use linux
>yeah sure, you just have to hand me in a makefile when you do the exam on linux
>final project is only a few kilobytes big
feels so damn good to have open minded professors :^)
>>
>>61520868
>compsci
>go to class
>no one is using windows
>some are even using *BSD
>no one is using spotify botnet
>no one is using apple
>i'm the one being laughed at by everyone for cross compiling gentoo on my laptop instead of running a precompiled distro
>even the professor is using gnu/linux

thank fuck i don't live in a third world shithole like OP
>>
>>61520868
You deserve it faggot
Instead of being quiet and not saying anything and let everyone be interested in you and your OS you decided to make fun of them you idiot.
>>
>go to lab
>kid in front of me on a laptop and a tablet beside him
>frantically switching between workspaces
>one a browser, and another just scrolling green text, like from a "i'm-a-hacker" program
>breaking bad on tablet
>spends 30 seconds every 15 minutes actually writing code
>spends rest of the time switching between google and hacker scroll show with occasional peeks at breaking bad
>me wtfing behind him

must be a /g/ poster
>>
File: 9000keks.jpg (23KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
9000keks.jpg
23KB, 480x478px
>>61520920
>>
>>61521197
same
>>
>>61520868
Nice try pajeet.
>>
>>61520995
You ARE a smarter and better person now, freeing yourself from the botnet.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.