[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forewarning: I don't frequent this board. I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: oledvsled-feat2.png (481KB, 1600x570px) Image search: [Google]
oledvsled-feat2.png
481KB, 1600x570px
Forewarning: I don't frequent this board.

I've been looking around a bit and I'm a novice in technology with big ideas, but the only thing I need answering is some costs about prices. For me it's really hard to find how expensive something might be to produce on a semi-large scale, especially because I'm not at the point where I can communicate with manufacturers.

Basically, my question is: How expensive would a small OLED or AMOLED screen (say a 5 inch display) be to mass produce for a handheld piece of hardware? Would it be inexpensive enough to sell on the market for relatively cheap nowadays, or should my future self stick to LCD for a cheaper screen? Context is that I want to start a company selling handheld systems at 100 dollars, but I'm not sure if technology innovations have progressed enough that the costs have went down yet.

Sorry if my formatting is crappy and the question is confusing, I haven't slept all night.
>>
You won't be making any profit at $100, but small OLED screens are certainly possible. Some high-end phones use them.
>>
>>61520302
I heard that some samsung phones have AMOLED screens but I don't know what price they tend to sell at at wholesale. Do you think an LCD screen would up the profit margin by enough to give up the extra fidelity?
>>
>>61520310
meant LED
>>
>>61520310
Depends on what the fuck it's for.
>>61520317
Just. No offense, but I really don't think you have what it take to do something like that.
>>
>>61520275
Depends on the resolution and quality of the display. Go to Shenzhen, meet people at factories and talk about your plans. But get a working prototype before to learn about the challenges.

But this product will most likely not leave your head anyway, a lot of things change when you start materializing your ideas.
>>
>>61520323
Kinda why I'm trying to gather information now rather than after I'm already waist-deep in my decisions.

To be specific I was wanting to produce a handheld game console (sue me) but I'm trying to figure out how everything would work before I go headlong into hardware.

I also noticed that I can never seem to find *just* a screen that wasn't a handheld tv or something, so I was thinking about producing small relatively high-fidelity monitors because I myself had been looking for some for forever because I want to be able to use them to test certain game consoles etc and have multiple monitors without having a giant ungainly setup because I don't have a lot of floorspace.
>>
>>61520361
Shenzhen. Thanks, a name really helps. I understand this may never come to fruition but I still want to investigate it nonetheless.
>>
>>61520370
You won't be producing jack shit. Anyone who does anything like this uses screens that are used for something else, such as phones.
>>
>>61520370
/g/ is for petty assholes who argue about fleeting things like 3,000mHz or 3,200mHz RAM speed. Occasionally some engineering is discusse. However most of the time they argue ENDLESSLY about the difference in 5% speed for everyday tasks.

Try asking your question on /biz/.
>>
>>61520415
Thanks, I clicked on /g/ because it was what I first thought of when I needed to ask the question. Thanks.

>>61520404
Then I'll look into phone screens. Like I said I'm a novice, I never claimed to know what I was talking about, Mr. Macho. You're still helping me by mebtioning the phone repurposing though, so thanks.
>>
>>61520275

If you want to make money get into bio non-GMO food production.

You can't compete with chinks in hi-tech.
>>
>>61520382
kek, it's a city in China, you dope. The doubters are right, you have no fucking idea what it takes to even prototype something like this yourself using parts on adafruit. and you're talking about sourcing some special kind of screen. get a game running on some piece of shit 7" lcd first.
>>
Yeah if you've never heard of Shenzhen just go back to bed and stay there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.