[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV help plis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

I'm currently deciding on a Samsung QN65Q8CAMFXZA (QLED 65"), or an LG OLED65E7P (OLED 65"), OLED Is $1k more, is it worth it?

How is upscaling?, I have ~15Tb of 1080p encodes, how will they look at UHD resolution? These are played via my laptop via Emby via Roku

The TV isn't for gaming, just Movies & TV.
>>
They'll just look like 1080p media on a larger screen. At least the ratio is 4:1.
>>
i'd pick a 1080p OLED over a 4K LCD
OLED has incredible contrast, better than CRTs or Plasma
only downside is OLED is sussceptable to screen burn and wearing out, like CRTs, so keep that in mind (don't display static images for long periods)
>>
File: IMG_20170627_134039_01-1001x1392.jpg (291KB, 1001x1392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_134039_01-1001x1392.jpg
291KB, 1001x1392px
>>61519154
I have the 2016 55" 4k LG OLED TV. Cost me $2,300 AUD.
I absolutely love it, no regrets. I can't even take a picture of it, there's so much contrast between light and dark. I'll never go back to LED TVs now.

>>61519398
Burn in on these new OLED TVs isn't a huge issue. I'd still be cautious, but you don't have to baby them.
>>
>>61519443
>Burn in on these new OLED TVs isn't a huge issue. I'd still be cautious, but you don't have to baby them.
yea, still feel like i should mention it
if someone's using their LCD tv as a still photo frame they're not going to have a fun time with an OLED tv
if you're old enough to be familiar with CRTs, you should know how to treat them
>>
What's the difference between the:
OLED65C7T
OLED65E7T
OLED65G7T

Start at 5.8k, last ends at 7.9k

& for normal TV use do you really have to worry about burn-in?
>>
>>61519817
Answered my own question: the E7 & G7 come with a speaker :fancy:
>>
is the soundbar speaker really worth the extra $2k?, could you get better for cheaper?
>>
>>61519817
>& for normal TV use do you really have to worry about burn-in?
not really, especially not with web-dl/bluray stuff, as they don't have a static logo in the corner like a lot of broadcast stuff
>>
>>61519918
Sound bar is good, but probably not worth it. If you're going to get a TV that good, you'll want a proper sound system.
>>
>>61519918
Well what the fuck do you think? $2k could get you an acceptable 5.1 system, or at least close, with a subwoofer that can actually play sub bass.
>>
Samsung 5.1.4ch Dolby Atmos Soundbar 500W Series 9 - HW-K950 (1.7k), like this?
>>
File: 1434126408174.jpg (88KB, 587x443px) Image search: [Google]
1434126408174.jpg
88KB, 587x443px
>>61520087
Yes, I'm sure your friends will enjoy it when you have them over for cocktails.
>>
>>61520257
> Implying I have friends.
>>
>>61520277
Then why the fuck are you looking at soundbars.
>>
Maybe one day I'll make a friend.
I'm trying to future-proof.
>>
>>61520313
Make friends who can appreciate having their dick vibrate at 20 hz.
>>
how can your dick vibrate at no sound?
>>
>>61520706
What the fuck do you mean? And learn to fucking quote.
>>
>>61519443
>>61519462

The main burn in points on monitors are the static taskbar and menus that don't move things like the right side scroll bar, where tabs are, where the start menu is.

my monitor is I want to say 7-8 years old, a syncmaster t240hd, it has burn in around the tab area the start menu area has far less but there is something there, these burn ins were noticeable 2-4 years ago I want to say 3 though.

If you use an oled as a monitor, I honestly suggest having at least 1 other monitor, that you can put static shit on, have the static shit monitor be on above yous, that way if you use the internet, you can set it up so all the static stuff is on one monitor and all the media/shit you want to read is on another. I am personally waiting on oleds to go cheap, or samsun to put out real quantum dots to force both tech to go cheap. burn in is not really an issue if you know what to look out for and use more neutral colors and the burn in happens worse around contrast areas.
>>
>>61520028
good speakers start at 150$, the problem is they are pc speakers made by klipsch and have no remote, so adjusting from where you want to sit is likely not going to happen.

I believe there are good speakers for the 350-500$ range that are made for tv/ht use, but cant be sure.

The main issue with tv and speakers is the market is saturated with absolute shit that it's hard to find good ones unlike headphones and pc speakers.
>>
>>61519154
Get the B7

LG OLEDs are all the same with some minor design tweaks
>>
I have the 55" B6 from last year. Got it when the sales were on. Love it! Any image retention is temporary if you treat it right. Burn in can happen if you watch news channels all day. Especially moving tickers/banners because the TV does not see it as a static image so does not do anything to protect it. I read that yellow tickers are the worst for some reason. PC use is not advised unless used as a secondary display with no static shit on it. Gaming is fine but be aware of static huds/info. Many people game on them with no issues though but it really depends on type of game and how long you game for.

Also.

Get it calibrated or teach yourself with a calibration puck. Blasting out at 100% brightness/contrast will do you no favors.

The biggest problem with the LG OLED's IMHO is their motion interpolation stinks. Sony and Philips have great interpolation apparently. So if you hate frame stutter of any sort (especially on 24 fps movies) then that might be your only option.
>>
>>61521246
Nigga wtf. You get a surround receiver and plug in whatever (reasonably efficient) speakers you want.
>>61521484
>using motion interpolation
Kys normie scum.
>>
>>61521246
I went with a Denon Atmos receiver and set of Wharfedale speakers and it sounds great. Very reasonable pricing. You can buy the older speakers quite cheaply and still have great sound. I have a fairly large room and for +/- £800 I have a really nice setup.
>>
What about huge monitors? I don't want anything to do with that smart shit.
>>
File: 1432677137475.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1432677137475.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
>>61521531
Gj on not being a total retard anon. I assume most receivers have atmos these days?
>>61521537
>sell me just what I need instead of a bunch of shit I don't need so I can save some shekels
lmoa, let's all take a moment to laugh at this faget
>>
>>61521588
Enjoy you're botnet.
>>
>>61521612
I'm sorry that you're about 10 years late, anon, and even then you had the choice of just about one plasma monitor. It's not my fault though, so calm your autism.
>>
>>61519154
>15tb of 1080p encodes played bia laptop via emby via roku

Can you please diagram this out for me? Specifically the part where you have 15tb of storage on a laptop
>>
Il the LG OLED55C7P any good? (It's a curved meme, but actually costs less then the flat one, and has 3D)
>>
thoughts about the Samsung UE55MU8009?
>>
>>61523729
notOLED/10
>>
>>61523763
who cares? OLED is a meme
>>
>>61523832
Simply ebin. Normie scum pls kys.
>>
>>61521537
>I don't want anything to do with that smart shit.
Just don't use it? Was that so hard.
>>
>>61523729
It's worse than last years KS8000, Samsung is nerfing their TV line up so they can justify their premium Q-line models.
>>
>>61523994
>QLED has 120hz pwm dimming
Fucking wow
>>
>movies and TV

Just smoke weed instead.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.