[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you still buy Noctua fans when they cheapened out and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

Why do you still buy Noctua fans when they cheapened out and made them in China?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/810534-worse-noctua-fan-quality-after-moving-production-to-china/
>>
so what should we buy instead?
>>
>>61519409
san ace, nidec, gentle typhoons.

You know, the type of fan noctua copied.
>>
What isn't made in china?
>>
File: 1Zo77H9Z18KqrNp.jpg (95KB, 750x476px) Image search: [Google]
1Zo77H9Z18KqrNp.jpg
95KB, 750x476px
>>61519548
Your mum.
>>
File: NB-eLoop.jpg (48KB, 848x635px) Image search: [Google]
NB-eLoop.jpg
48KB, 848x635px
>>61519409
>>
>>61519731
That fan is trash, tried it.

SilentWing3's are better or those high powered Cooler Master fans if you want to move a lot of air.
>>
>>61519803
>That fan is trash, tried it.

what are you talking about ?
It's the most silent fan ever, and still pushes decent air. it's not a problem to just push CFM everybody can do that, but this thing doesn't vibrate and you can sleep next to them.
I have 1 intake only on a 7700k setup, and 1 intake on the bottom directly on the GPU, gets 5c above ambient, deliding is not needed.
>>
>>61518958
I bought a new one recently, should I check if it was made in /csg/land?
>>
>tfw you waited too long to buy poop fans

Fuck my life, I never want fans in my PC ever again.
>>
>>61519860
It's silent but it doesn't move much air.

Go read some reviews from legitimate sources.
>>
>>61519930
>It's silent but it doesn't move much air.

These are PWM fans and rarely get over 50% rpm, at what rpm do they begin to move less air ? purpose of case intake and exhaust is to just replace air quietly and flow, when anything gets hot they don't throttle because ambient temp in case won't change much. what you say might be true, but that doesn't make these worse case fans. also can't deny how pretty they are.
>>
>>61519878
case fans are a meme. most computers work fine without them.
>>
>>61520046
Dude stfu, I tried them, it's not as good as the Noctua's or Silent Wing 3's.
>>
File: 09_87[1].png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
09_87[1].png
1MB, 1600x1200px
I personally use two Enermax Twister Pressure fans on my Hyper 212x Turbo.

Enermax Silence fans on the rest.

The fan blades are detachable on Enermax fans so I just pop the fan blades out and wash them, dry them and then pop them back in.
>>
>>61520083

I maintain the scientific view that most known fans are practically the same performance because why wouldn't they be ? these guys did something different and focused on rigid structure which won my vote. move 10% more or less CFM as a case fan is irrelevant. you're missing the point. there are no "better" fans there are different fans.
>>
File: HS.jpg (55KB, 910x490px) Image search: [Google]
HS.jpg
55KB, 910x490px
>>61520082

True, as we move towards the future with insane 3d printed heatsinks i think passive intake and exhaust would work fine as long as ambient is ok. Until we reach a point that heatsinks themselves will be passive to.
>>
>>61520154
What I'm saying is it overheated my shit so it was a bad experience. I moved to Noctua's and Silent Wing 3's and all those issues went away and my PC is still silent because I keep the RPM's on the fans below 1400RPM.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1342-page7.html

Read some reviews to see how much air the eLoop's move, it's not much. Look at the CFM between differen't fans.

Just because they're pretty and silent doesn't mean they are good.
>>
>>61519539
>san ace, nidec, gentle typhoons

mah nigga
>>
Why should I buy $30 noctua when artic12 do the same for $5?
Even if it lasts less, I can just shelve another $5 a few years down the road.
>>
>>61520209
Noctuas are $15-20. Are you that poor not to be able to buy a few of them?

Also they are reusable.

It's known that shitty fans start to rattle over time and die early than good fans.
>>
>>61518958
They were always made in China. Taiwan is part of China. Read a book, nigger.

As for the idea that Taiwan is some bastion of manufacturing quality, my fucking sides. Some plebbitor with no life gets one fan that's slightly noisy out of the box, and instead of returning it for a replacement like a normal person, has to prove it's actually like that because of where it was manufactured. Clearly this single sample is undisputable evidence of that and everybody should avoid Noctua from now on. Case closed.
>>
What is a good 120mm fan to replace old noisy stock PSU fan? Going 2000 rpm too overkill for this? Plenty of fans out there with 50 CFM @ 1500 rpm.
>>
>>61520269
>Taiwan is part of China
Taiwan is the only true China. Those mainland commies are just a bunch of larpers.
>>
>anustechtip
What's with /g/ and this guy lately? He's a computer illiterate retard and yet he is now seen as some sort of authority on /g/. What the fuck happened to this board?
>>
>>61518958
Everything is made in China.
It's okay as long as it's not designed there.
>>
>>61520316
Taiwan Numbah Won.
>>
>>61519560
Wait did Ford revive the Bronco?
>>
>>61520167
this shit will clog up so fucking fast its unusable

also impossibruh to clean
>>
>>61520472
It would be pretty hard for dust to clog it up without any airflow
>>
>>61520480
dust gets fucking everywhere

..kinda like sand

and its coarse
>>
>>61520480
Without any airflow they wont work.

Passive heatsinks rely on the heat/pressure difference to create airflow around them.
>>
>>61520331
hah, you clearly don't remember rossman posting. What happened to that? No one's mention him for a long time.
>>
can't we just use less powerful processors so we don't need cooling?
>>
>>61519548
My headphones
>>
>>61520316
it's 2 minutes in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0vUlljX0I

As for Noctua, they were just some small time generic distributors and went to sell fans to fill a big hole in the market. just hapened to be good out of a fluke and they sold themself like hot cake because of the perceived apearance of profesionalism.

Now buisnessses like Cryorig are actively tring to acheve the same thing with more marketing.

they both suck in different ways. It's all based on perception.
It's all marketing, nothing else.
>>
Noctua has unbeatable customer support.

There's only one way to achieve that, a giant mark-up on products..
Ofcourse their shit is overpriced.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.