[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first time building a computer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: computer.png (78KB, 1164x834px) Image search: [Google]
computer.png
78KB, 1164x834px
What do you think of these parts?:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RCjqzM

I keep getting this warning:

'Some Intel X99 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Broadwell-E CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.'

But the website doesn't seem to have any motherboards featured without this issue

I will just use it for some light gaming, work, a touch of brand new Alt Coin mining and having tonnes of tabs open.
>>
If anyone has any parts they disagree upon please let me know, I might have picked some silly options due to being a complete noob.
>>
>>61518898
>>61518953
>X99
>6950X
>2017

What in the actual fuck is this

If you want to cryptomine the Graphics cards are fine but everything else

Just

Does daddy steinberg have money trees in his backyard?
>>
>>61519022
>Does daddy steinberg have money trees in his backyard?

I am a semi neet that makes pretty good money lol.

I want people to be as brutally honest as possible, I am sure some of the things are retarded.

What is wrong with the Samsung 4TB SSD though? Or is it an issue in combination with the other components?
>>
>>61519082
Alright man if you can afford the SSD there ain't nothing wrong with it.

As for everything else...

The 6950X is ludicrously overpriced in comparison to Intel's new i9-7900X and stupendously so in comparison to AMD Ryzen Threadripper when it comes out.

The X99 platform is dead and literally who needs a 500 pound motherboard.

32GB is overkill for many but shouldn't hurt too bad actually.

That case... I mean, it's nice but, jesus.
300 pounds.

PSU is alright if you're really committed to getting 3 480/580s to cryptomine with.

Asus has a drive just about as good as that Pioneer for like 30 less quid
>>
>>61518898
Just get a single 1080ti. Crosfire doesn't works much often than works. And you need 4 modules of ram.
>>
>>61519082
SSDs are ridiculously priced. For most applications, a normal HDD would suffice. Most people would prefer the more economic solution of getting a large HDD for files and a smaller SSD for the OS and a few select programs. Heck, try to look for the price of a 4TB (or larger) HDD and a 500GB SSD and to compare it to this 4TB SSD.
>>
I'm coming over to liberate you from your money. It'll be better spent by me.
>>
>>61518898
too expensive
>>
>>61519157

Thanks man this is exactly what I was looking for.

It looks like it would probably be a good idea to wait for next month when the AMD Ryzen Threadripper is likely to be released.

>>61519157
>The X99 platform is dead and literally who needs a 500 pound motherboard.

Thanks, will continue to search for one more appropriate.

>>61519157
>That case... I mean, it's nice but, jesus.
>300 pounds.

Ha yeah, I will probably shop around a bit. Just need something with a fair amount of space for the GPU's etc and with good cooling aspects (preferably as quiet as possible but with the 3 GPU's it will be noisy af when mining etc I guess).

>>61519157
>Asus has a drive just about as good as that Pioneer for like 30 less quid

Will look into it.
>>
>>61519295
wait for threadripper..
>>
>>61519189

Yeah I was thinking about getting something like that as a stronger single Graphics card. What made me choose the 480's is that they are at meme levels in terms of mining crypto.

>>61519196

Yeah a HDD would be fine for the bulk of my storage for sure, and a lot cheaper per TB. I just like the idea of having everything on an SSD and not having to worry about my programs taking up too much space on the Local disc C SSD.

I could have a smaller SSD for programs etc and then have some bulky HDD to just dump all my other stuff in for sure.

>>61519234

At this point you are correct, though I hope to get it down to some better choices.

>>61519240
Correct.
>>
>>61519321

Will do.
>>
>>61519295
900D is pretty old. If you're going to spend a ludicrous amount of money on a case, Phanteks makes some really nice ones. Check out the Enthoo Luxe and Enthoo Primo.

Two AMD RX Vegas would give better gaming performance, not sure how they are at mining though. Crossfire kind of sucks, and triple crossfire especially sucks. Major diminishing returns and incompatibility issues with games. DX12 Explicit multi-GPU might improve that though if it becomes more widespread.

Go for a smaller SSD and a WD Black 5 or 6TB. Those HDDs are really fucking fast. You don't need SSD speeds for media, and even games load pretty damn fast on my 5TB.

HEDT platforms like X99 and X399 (Threadripper) use quad channel ram. You're going to want to get 4x 8GB rather than 2x 16GB.
>>
>>61519480

This is all gold thank you.

Yeah as for gaming, I am mostly going to be playing Runescape lmao so probably not too intensive, though I might play Morrowind or something who knows. The main concern with the graphics is that my computer will run well with various applications for work and will be geared toward mining crypto relatively efficiently (if I can save on noise and heat for a different efficient card option that is something I would lean towards).

At the moment I am on a 62gb SSD and 500gb HDD lol so perhaps I am going too far in the other direction out of inexperience. Everything being on a massive SSD seems pretty appealing, though quite unnecessary.

>>61519480
>HEDT platforms like X99 and X399 (Threadripper) use quad channel ram. You're going to want to get 4x 8GB rather than 2x 16GB.
Gold.

>>61519480
>900D is pretty old. If you're going to spend a ludicrous amount of money on a case, Phanteks makes some really nice ones. Check out the Enthoo Luxe and Enthoo Primo.
Will look into them, will see if I can get a used one also.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.