[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is becoming a system admin hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1499559141047.png (154KB, 1375x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1499559141047.png
154KB, 1375x1279px
Is becoming a system admin hard
>>
>>61514826
create a local tomcat server that does unit tests on a timed infinite loop and have it send you emails when something bad happens and you can find out
>>
>>61514844
Whats the advantage of this over a regular ticket system
>>
. . .

Yes, it is very hard.

When is summer over again?
>>
>>61514854
Yes
>>
>>61514860
I'm sorry, I should have stared a new general like we need
>>
>>61514860
what's hard about it?
>>
Not at all. Start out doing helpdesk for a mom and pop, or even join the Geek squad. Study hard for your certifications learning all you can, ideally, your employer pays for your certs. Then, get an entry level net admin job at a medium sized company. Continue learning and absorbing everything. Most importantly gain valuable experience. Then realize that technology changes every 5 years. Your job is really change management. There is no magic anymore in IT. All gadgets are just another marketing gimmick. Management just sees your job as a neccessary evil. Users hate you, you hate the users. Vendors lie and shit all over you. You've become an overweight alcoholic with no future, and, technology just changed again and you have no experience with it. You finally hit your limit when they ask you to take a pay cut and move your office to the basement which you now share with 30 other H1-B workers who barely speak English. You find a check for 10 million dollars and burn the place down. Move to Mexico and kill a bunch of people at a resort by putting strychnine int he guacamole because the server put salt on your margarita and you said NO SALT!
>>
>>61515022
This seems pretty accurate. Thank you
>>
>>61514826
Harder than most people think. I hate managing people and dealing with shithead users because my underlings are social retards they can all suck it
>>
File: le_clinton_merchant.png (102KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
le_clinton_merchant.png
102KB, 300x300px
>>61514826
>tfw your OC is posted everywhere
>>
Depends. Most IT is outsourced to contractors, so if your a career state employee (like me) who is trying to transfer into IT within the state and staying under the state employment system it sucks ass. Most state IT has been outsourced. I've been trying and trying for past year and a half but no luck yet. Your only hope is becoming a manager type (sucks ass,bullshit paperwork and stress,etc) My current job sucks, it's at a dead end, no promotions/bonuses for a long long time. I'm still trying. I'd gladly take Helpdesk/Desktop Tech position just to get out of where I am. I'd be making more money to boot.
>>
>>61515145
It's the plot of Office Space, idiot.
>>
>>61514844
>basic Debian/Ubuntu installation with basic apache tomcat installation
>tests everything still works using cron jobs
>sending emails
So ridiculously easy?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.