[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do i use pwm fan control to turn down or turn off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mememachine.jpg (188KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
mememachine.jpg
188KB, 600x429px
how the fuck do i use pwm fan control to turn down or turn off fans in my computer. its running debian btw

pic related
>>
Have you tried installing it, reading the manual, and editing the config file?
>>
>>61511838
you ain't ever gonna make that thing quiet. Just slightly less loud.
>>
>>61511879
you can, supermicro sells superquiet fans and you can put in even quieter ones or just install a fan controller.
>>
>>61511838
Read the manual
Then python scripto
>>
You don't. Splice in a voltage regulator and crank it up until they're audible then dial it back a tiny bit. I've done that to everything I've ever built and never had a thermal problem.
>>
>>61511838
you could get a manual fan controller. If thats a 5.25: bay I see there, there are tons of options that fit in there. or you could get a 3.5" one and try to fit in one of those 3.5" bays. or you could try to find or make one that is accessed through the PCI slots

I also recommend considering replacing the fans with quieter ones

Someday Id like to build a server rack, and was always curious how Id get the thing to quiet the fuck down. rack servers are always loud af. You can look for more efficient CPU coolers too. Also, smaller fans tend to be much louder than larger fans, due to having to spin at higher rpms. So if you could get a taller server case, that would help (ie get a 4U instead of a 2U)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.