[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to track down a stolen android tablet? It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4475.jpg (1MB, 2736x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4475.jpg
1MB, 2736x2736px
Is it possible to track down a stolen android tablet? It was my grandmas. She didn't have a lock screen enabled. But she has the boxes they came in. I'm pretty sure the serial numbers are on the boxes. There are 2 of the both android. One was my grandmas and one was my moms who past away recently.
>>
>>61511474
I don't think this will help you, but since no replies...

If you have the WiFi MAC address of the tablet, use airodump-ng (part of aircrack-ng) to sniff for the device at a place you suspect it might be at. This only works if you're within WiFi range and the device has WiFi turned on.
>>
>>61512121
Would google track it down if I can get them the serial number?
>>
>>61512121
Same person. A Polaroid tablet running am early version of Android or a launcher from years ago? Buy a new tablet. It's not worth much, unless you had valuable data on there.

If you had a Google account signed in, check Android Device Manager on the web. But the tablet's probably been reset to factory by now.
>>
>>61512160
That's not it that's just a random android tablet I found in google image search. This tablet is important because of the pictures on it.
>>
If you're posting this here maybe you already tried but your grandma had google location services activated ?
>>
>>61511474
Sorry about your mom bruv :(
>>
This it's a great moment for a certain three letter agency to do something good for a change.
>>
>>61512648
but they won't
>>
Give the serial's to local pawn shops I guess. About all you can do.
>>
File: IMG_4501.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4501.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>61512582
I don't think so. This was one of the tablets it actually is a windows one. I just got here my grandma's one is an android. She cant find the box for hers
>>
there is literally nothing you can do to get those back, but at least feel good that the crackheads who stole them won't be able to pawn them off for much.
>>
>>61514615
Are those $100 worth it?
>>
>>61514615
Well maybe ask Microsoft to use its botnet to track it down. Some telemetry data might give away its location.
>>
If the thief connected it to internet, has gps enabled and didnt erased the device already, check https://www.google.com/android/find
>>
>>61512326
>Storing pictures on a shit Android chink tablet without any backup

You deserve death.
>>
If it's stolen then it's also factory resetted so the images are long gone anyway. Lesson learned, next time set it up so the images get backed up to cloud.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.