[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Questions Thread /sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 40

File: question.gif (294KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
question.gif
294KB, 500x352px
Stupid Questions Thread
/sqt/
>>
I'm using SoftEther VPN to play Dragons Dogma Online, whenever I login to the game I must be connected to a Japanese server, every time I connect windows pops up telling me about a new network connection and if I want to share files. In the long run is there any down side to having loads of different network connections in Windows?
>>
What are some data recovery tools for USBs and SD/MicroSD cards?
I dont have need for it right now, just wondering what exists for it.

Im talking about FUBAR tier MicroSD and USBs where they only will be detected but only that and you wont be able to see whats on it.
>>
>tfw installed gentoo but X always starts with a black screen no matter what I do
>can't even ctrl z/x/c or whatever
>can't even switch terminals
>no idea if it's getting errors, not sure how to log it anyway
What do I do?
>>
File: 1499471686061.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499471686061.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I put TWRP on a tab s2 and it couldn't mount anything
I tried to wipe it a few times through twrp, didn't help
then I tried a factory reset from android, which I now realise was stupid
so now whenever I boot I get a broken twrp

how bad did I fuck up?
any advice for going forward?
>>
i just got an apartment, first time on my own

need to buy a router/modem

is there a recommended list on /g/ somewhere?
>>
>>61511089
>>61511092
>>61511103
Sorry, didn't mean cout.
Meant returning them in that format. So I want to return a vector with three floats, but I can't do something like:
return return "(" + x + "," + y + "," + z + ")";

What would be the best way to return a vector? Making a vector calculator.
>>
>>61511350
struct Vector3D
{
double x, y, z;
}
>>
>>61511167
>You using login manager?
>Installed a wm? Is xinitrc set correctly?
>Are permissions right?
check xorg.log
>>
>>61511391
So you wouldn't make it a class? You'd make it a struct?
What are the key differences between the two?
>>
what version of awesome can be found on devuan stable ?
>>
Why can't I seem to get fstab/mount to mount a CIFS share by DNS name but I can by IP? And yes I can nslookup the DNS just fine. And no my distribution doesnt offer samba, only cifs-utils.
>>
>>61511411
Fundamentally they are the same. The only difference as far as the language is concerned is that everything in a struct is considered public by default, and everything in a class is considered private by default.
In common usage a struct is usually nothing more than a bundle of data, while a class will implement a user-defined constructor, some member functions, some form of encapsulation etc.
>>
how important/used is operator overloading in c++?
>>
>>61511323
it's usually not a strict necessity but it is helpful to do so

>>61511432
>my distro doesn't offer
that's no excuse bruh, it's linux just download the source and compile it yourself. that's the last resort, nine times out of ten even if it's not official there's a version packaged in a format compatible with your package manager
>>
>>61511548
You should definitely do it if the class you are implementing is an arithmetic class (a vector, a complex number, an arbitrary-precision number etc.).
If you plan on printing the class, you should also provide an operator<< overload for ostream.
Operator overloads are often used by standard library classes to provide things like smart pointers, but there are few circumstances when you would want to do such a thing.
Besides that, keep operator overloading to a minimum.
>>
>>61511560
>that's no excuse bruh, it's linux just download the source and compile it yourself
and the 50 fucking dependencies it likely has. all i want to do is mount a fucking cifs share by name, not spend the next month figuring out why things wont build.

>your package manager
tdnf - a ghetto stripped down version of yum

it is so shitty it wont even allow me to download the libpcap from my repo
>>
I get the following error while trying to load a webdav kdbx on Keeweb web version:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://webdav.mydomain.com/Me.kdbx. Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://mydomain.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 401.

I already tried editing some files through results found on google but nothing resolved my error. Am running nginx/1.11.10
>>
>>61511179
odin?

>>61511432
>DNS name
did you try NetBIOS name?

>>61511652
sounds like you aren't applying the ACAO headers to the OPTIONS method?
>>
>>61511852
>did you try NetBIOS name?
They're on different subnets and NetBIOS names are discovered via broadcasts so this wouldnt work.
>>
Newfig here.
I'm building a new PC and was wondering if I could just take my old HDD and put it into my new PC. Would I still have to install Windows via a bootable USB or would it just work via my old HDD? Is it better to just wipe my old HDD clean and put it in as if it were a new one?
>>
Just installed debian 9 and i get to the login screen but i can't type my password, it stays blank even when i've typed something in
Is there a way to get around the login or did i fuck it
>>
I have a 11 year old 50 inch samsung 1080i plasma that i i no longer need as i updated.
What price should i list it on craigslist.
>>
>>61511896
You have to reinstall.
You could reuse it but trust me, you want a new install and avoid dealing with all the shit you have to do.
Also if you want you can keep your old files.
>>
>>61511947
no he doesnt

>>61511896
You need to run c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe with the generalize and shutdown option before you move it
>>
>>61512007
The windows install has already generated a hast of his old hardware for the activation key.Windows will throw a shit fit if he puts it in.
>>
>>61512045
>i dont know what sysprep does
l2google

>Windows will throw a shit fit if he puts it in.
it wont, it will just want him to reactivate
>>
What's a good Text-To-Speech program/site?
>>
Anyone using searx.me having alot of "google has timed out" errors lately? Its taking upwards of 1 minute to finish a search.I only have google as an engine on it
>>
>>61511179
What game is this?
>>
Can I remove the screen from my old broken laptop to use as an external monitor on my desktop?

Pretty sure I've seen people in /bst/ with this setup but googling doesn't provide any generic guides and I wouldn't even know where to start.
>>
>HD dies out of nowhere
>Reinstall Windows from the CD on new drive
>No papers in the CD case
>Eventually find the instruction manual and the box with the price tag on it
>Sticker had been put on a case that's long gone now
>The activation menu doesn't bring up the phone thing mentioned on the help page
I'm still looking, but if I can't find it do I have any other options besides "buy a new OS", "pirate a new OS" and "install gentoo"? I can't fully switch to linux yet.
>>
>>61512945
mydigistalocean
dazloader
check this thread i think a pastebin for INSTALL WINDOWS has been posted,
>>
>>61513127
Do they make an all-in-one ide/sata/card reader hub that's usb3? I keep looking for one but they are all usb2 and chink shit.
>>
Do anyone can recommend me some movie public tracker?
>>
>>61512849
>I wouldn't even know where to start.
take the laptop apart (google [model number] disassembly)
figure out how the screen fits on to the mobo, or what that connection / name of that port is (maybe google [laptop name] motherboard schematic, or diagram, don't know what word I'm looking for, to be honest most laptop screens probably use the same type of port, there's probably easier ways to find out, you'll get it)
after all that google [whatever that port name is] to vga connector or something like that

have fun
>>
How do I determine the graphical capabilities of a laptop, does it just depend of CPU?

What's the shittiest laptop I can play Total War: Warhammer on? This A4 3305M isn't cutting it.
>>
>>61511159
Bump
>>
File: Microlab-Inputs.jpg (263KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Microlab-Inputs.jpg
263KB, 1024x681px
Hi all. My speaker has two RCA inputs (pic related). When both inputs have a device connected, and both devices are playing audio, both devices can be heard.
Can this damage the speaker and/or the playback devices?
>>
>>61512849
Yes, but you'll need an "LCD controller board"

>>61513458
Could, but doubt it would.
>>
What's a decent cheap router/AP/ADSL modem combo unit that has support for one of the open source replacement firmwares such as DDR-WRT, Tomato, etc?
>>
What do I use instead of MPC + CCP? Or are they still the go to ?
>>
how can I view pics on a private instagram?
>>
>>61513709
mpv
>>
What dashcam should I get for my car?
>>
>>61511128
What's the best way to teach myself programming? Been using Codeacadamy off and on so far.
>>
File: dump apuuu.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
dump apuuu.png
37KB, 1127x685px
what's a stack

sry for dumbo question :(
>>
>>61513774
any codecs?
>>
If I load an INI configuration file that has [Sections] and Keys= in it, what is the proper load behavior if there's two keys with the same name in different sections?

i.e.

[Section A]
Foo="asdf"
Bar=4

[Section B]
Foo=10.0

What do?
>>
Any good email service? Planning on separating certain stuff from my personal email.
>>
>>61513947
Gmail!
>>
So apparently Lua doesn't natively support 128 bit numbers. I still want to work with them, doing logical and arithmetic operations on them. How do I best go about doing this?
>>
>>61512599
searx.me uses yahoo though
>>
why should i learn c# what can i do with it thats fun?
>>
>>61513980
If you tell it too...
>>
File: Capture vm.png (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture vm.png
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>61511128
will linux run faster/better as a OS installed on my SSD then it does installed on a virtual machine
>>
>>61514035
it'll run best on it's own gpu
>>
How come mass produced food never tastes the same as stuff made by a skilled chef? Surely it shouldn't be impossible to reproduce the process the chef uses by the machines and mass produce chef quality food? But nobody does it... Is it just too expensive or...?
>>
>>61514069
Time is no friend of perishables. A chef in a kitchen is closer to the consumer than a robot in a factory.
>>
>>61514067
running off the GPU and not a SSD? Will duel boot ubuntu work better then ubuntu in VM
>>
File: 790D-i5-2400-2.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
790D-i5-2400-2.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>61511128

Can you install a SDD in addition to a HDD in a Dell Optiplex 7010 Desktop? I've looked and there does seem to be extra SATA slot and room underneath the HDD caddy for one, but I've read you can only have two 2.5'' drives at once.
>>
>>61514158
In that form factor no, it would have to be a 2.5" HDD.

If you wanted to go ghetto you could just remove the DVD drive and attach the SSD via velcro in that area, then use the normal HDD tray for a 3.5".
>>
How do I make an encrypted backup folder of my USB to upload to the cloud?
>>
>>61513815
m.i.t. opencourseware
>>
what's the best HDD brand/series nowadays?
>>
File: 5BYQRZx.jpg (212KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
5BYQRZx.jpg
212KB, 1280x904px
Is there a way to alter the bandwidth of a device connected in my wifi network? I'm fucking tired of my roomate hoarding bandwidth half the day watching Game of Thrones.
>>
>>61514230
gpg
>>
>>61514238
QoS
>>
>>61514102
also mass produced food cuts corners and substitutes ingredients to maximize profit
>>
>>61514255
forgot to mention, we have a simple modem without QoS settings (as far as I know I need a special router for that which my ISP does not want to provide
>>
>>61514273
Then no.
You could stop being passive agressive about it and tell him to stop fucking hoarding the bandwidth
>>
>>61514273
so invest in a decent router, also what kind of shitty internet do you have that streaming video on one puter effects your speed noticeably
>>
>>61514158
>In that form factor no, it would have to be a 2.5" HDD.

So it can't have a 3.5'' HDD (which is what it comes with, iirc) and a 2.5'' SSD?
>>
>>61514286
I've tried

I regularly cut him out of the network as well but was looking for an alternative solution so he stops bitching about it

>>61514298
For whatever reasons, Netflix literally seizes the entire bandwidth no matter the video quality
>>
>>61514331
meant to reply to
>>61514213
>>
>>61511905
LOL, it's supposed to not echo your pass.
>>
>>61514338
>Netflix literally seizes the entire bandwidth
This is so annoying. I don't know why there's no player setting for max d/l usage
>>
>>61511905
Try fully logging in normally, rather than just typing.
>>
Should a professional linux administrator know cisco at all?
>>
>>61514377
administrator implies managing more than one machine, so yes a good working knowledge of networking related stuff would be advisable
>>
File: face_wat.jpg (5KB, 251x180px) Image search: [Google]
face_wat.jpg
5KB, 251x180px
Notepad++ seriously has to be run in Administrator mode in order for changes to styles/themes to be saved?

What the fuck kind of hacky bullshit is that?
>>
>>61514397
Yeah I know networking stuff. I'm just not sure whether to get into cisco specifics and all that. Seems like it should be done by a network administrator. I'd rather spend time programming and working with software.
>>
>>61513976
As a first pass, I'd probably build a library based on LuaBitOp that treats numbers in tables as groups of 32 bits starting with the least significant. If I needed real performance I'd build one in C that abuses strings for storage or something like that.
>>
which VPN should I buy?
Ideally one with a lifetime subscription cause monthly payments suck
>>
File: a.png (14KB, 457x207px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
14KB, 457x207px
>>61514374
How would i do that? when i start it up it goes to a simple screen like this and says the login is incorrect even when i've typed it in right
i'm completely new to this os no bully
>>
>>61514377
You should atleast get your CCNET.It will open thing sup for you and even in the least you know what you're doing should you need to fill that role
>>
>>61514585
Is caps lock on?
>>
>>61514636
nope, should i just reinstall it and try again?
>>
>>61514652
You should really just remember your passwords
>>
>>61514619
>You should atleast get your CCNET
Yeah was thinking of doing it and not ccna. I already have the books.
>>
>>61514655
i wrote it down and reset it in the command thing but it wouldn't accept it
>>
how do I use usb tethering from android to pc? when I touch it doesn't check it, but it's not grayed out
>>
>>61511128

What's the cheapest (in initial and operating costs) way to get a file server?
>>
>>61514665
The root account is often locked by default. Why aren't you logging in as the user you were encouraged to create during installation?

>>61514741
Serving how much of what, to whom, from where?
>>
>>61514751
I am trying to log in as the account i created, the image i used was off a site
>>
>>61514751
>Serving how much of what

Mostly for backups of a few computers, maybe also for repository a media center I want to make.

>to whom

My houshold.

>from where?

Somewhere in my house.
>>
How do I share files locally through wi-fi?
>>
>>61514811
ftp
>>
>>61511905
Passwords in bash don't show anything (like stars, etc). It's a security feature. Just type your password and log in.

Also don't log in as root for this faget
>>
>>61514652
>should I just reinstall it
>Debian 7
tbqhfam you should consider installing something else if at all possible. If it were a more recent version of Debian I would advise you to add init=/bin/sh on the kernel command line, remount / as read-write, and try changing your password again until it works. Wheezy is pretty dated, tho.

>>61514806
If performance is a low priority, consider an ARM dev board of some sort and a large external disk or three connected via a USB-SATA bridge. Burn Armbian on a microSD card, attach Ethernet, install Samba on the running system. $25-40 will get you into a decent dev board and enclosure depending on import duties and shipping. Add whatever for the disk(s) + whatever for the disk enclosure(s) (if any). Power costs should be on the order of a couple of burgerbux a month.
>>
>>61512945
You could try pulling that shit from the bios if it's an OEM PC.
>>
>>61513210
zooqle.com
>>
>>61514338
Seriously, buy a router that runs LEDE. You just hook that shit up to the modem you've got now. It's not expensive.
>>
>>61514811
samba
>>
>>61514927
>If performance is a low priority, consider an ARM dev board of some sort and a large external disk or three connected via a USB-SATA bridge. Burn Armbian on a microSD card, attach Ethernet, install Samba on the running system. $25-40 will get you into a decent dev board and enclosure depending on import duties and shipping. Add whatever for the disk(s) + whatever for the disk enclosure(s) (if any). Power costs should be on the order of a couple of burgerbux a month.

That was original plan with the RPi, but I ditched after hearing about the performance problems. Are there any SBC that would be a better choice?
>>
Best anti virus?
Free and paid.
>>
How is firefox nightly for day-to-day use?
>>
>>61515193
If performance is a medium priority, the Orange Pi PC (note, not the same as PC Plus or PC 2) looks gud for that application. Make sure your USB-SATA bridges support UASP for maximum bandwidth.
>>
>>61511128
I just clicked a link that claimed it was an expired domain, then redirected to some advertisement for pckeeper. Naturally I didn't actually download it, but I was wondering, if I saw that is it already too late? If it means anything, I checked the link again and it's seemingly only that one. I scanned with adwcleaner and malwarebytes and they didn't find anything.
>>
>>61515203
Bitdefender.
>>
>>61515246
It is likely too late at this point. If you have a restore point, you should immediately roll back to that. Otherwise you should re-install Windows.
>>
>>61511159
Bump, I want to know too.
>>
Anybody have a recommended wifi dongle? Using ethernet isn't possible so it's all I've got. The shitty one I ordered gives me fucking 500 kb/s. Not looking to skimp out again.
>>
>>61515341
Get a pci card
Anything from netgear or linksys
>>
File: 1176419638414.jpg (202KB, 1002x583px) Image search: [Google]
1176419638414.jpg
202KB, 1002x583px
Any Ryzen Windows 7 users here? Was able to install 7 after patching the iso with my mobos usb driver utility and works great. However my Scarlett 2i4 has stuttering audio severely even during basic playback on YouTube videos. I've tried installing the drivers from their website but no difference. Usb 2.0 or 3.0 doesn't seem to matter. Where should I begin to troubleshoot?
>>
>>61515321
Are you being serious? I was just looking to see if I was infected or not. Here's the link I clicked, be careful. Tell me if you get a redirect.

ndgd69.tumblr.com/
>>
>>61515389
Check your latency settings in Scarlett Mix Control, and check to make sure the normal Playback (out of the Windows mixer) settings are set to a compatible sampling rate.
>>
How can I get a Windows 10 computer to easily switch between QWERTY and DVORAK?
>>
>>61515467
Click the language button in the bottom right part of your taskbar.
>>
>>61515389
Thats irrelevant to the OS, check your driver settings.
>>
How do you call the electrical equivalent of a pyromaniac?
Electromaniac?

What would you call someone like Photoninduction?
>>
How to go about recording twitch.tv videos from another user?

I tried AMD relive on desktop but it didnt work
>>
>>61515570
You're just fishing for names for your new house songs aren't you?
>>
Please, I need help. Idk if I should buy a laptop, a prebuilt PC, or build my own. I want to make music on my computer
>>
>>61515610
Then it doesn't matter. Pretty much anything will work.
>>
>>61515600
a python package "livestreamer" can extract the stream url for your pleasure

>>61515570
Electrician
>>
File: 1499900327413.jpg (63KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499900327413.jpg
63KB, 1024x1024px
>>61515620
im really dumb friend can you elaborate

this is important to me anon
>>
>>61515607
No, it just crossed through my mind while looking at some of his videos.

>>61515640
Google livestreamer.
>>
>>61515610
you can make music on anything
>>
>>61515640
An electrician is someone who repairs wiring and electronics for a living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrician
>>
>>61515610
Get a TEAC A-3440
>>
>>61515657
You knew i was the other guy pls stop baiting me
>>
>>61515657
Yeah, "repair", but im looking for something like burn the world using electricity.
>>
>>61515681
an unlicensed electrician
>>
>>61515396
please respond
>>
>>61515706
Run Adwcleaner, Run Malwarebytes.
>>
>>61515720
I did, along with roguekiller. Absolutely no detections, which is why I'm pretty sure it's just a malicious redirect from an expired tumblr. Hence why I was asking if somebody could click on the link and tell me if they got a similar redirect so I could write it off.
>>
If I just want to browse my university website, read PDFs, youtube, netflix, and do light writing, should I just get a tablet? If so, what tablet you guys recommend? Nothing too expensive. I'm a business major.
>>
>>61515791
Will you work on it at all? even make a single word document? a laptop.
Cheap? a used Thinkpad for $60-200.
Expensive? Dell XPS 15 for $700-900.

You wont? Any Nexus tablet or Samsung Galaxy tab.
>>
I want to modify my motorcycle helmet with modded built in action camera. Are those raspberry pi cameras good? It's illegal to stick a gopro on a helmet in my country.
>>
>>61515829
Not for motion.
Look for a helmet dashcam.

>gopro is illegal
Why?
Europe?
>>
>>61515835
>Why? Europe?
Because of the police. No.

I can't afford the Pivothead glasses cam. So I'll decide to make a raspberry pi cam like in this pic from google images but I'm not good with computers.
>>
>>61515903
Those are some weird laws.
Anyway /diy/ should be able to help you more.
>>
someone gave me a WD3200BEVT hard drive from a laptop and i want to use it as a cheap external hard drive
which external case should i buy?
>>
>>61515917
https://www.amazon.com/Tool-free-Inateck-External-Enclosure-FE2004/dp/B00JQTO8TU/
If you dont have a USB 3.0 port look for something else.
>>
so i just got a new 24 inch 1090p 144hz monitor. should i be using an hdmi cable or a displayort cable?
>>
>>61516031
Does it have speakers? HDMI.
Otherwise under any other condition, Displayport.
>>
So many companies are investing and working towards colonies on mars, i think it is realistic that weed could be legalized there as citizens can travel there if they have some serious cash to spend on a ticket. I think its time to start a movement that will ensure weed will be smoked on mars.
gofundme-com/sejux-m420
>>
>>61516031
1080p*
>>61516046
it does have speakers but i only use a headset plugged into my pc, so displayport then?
>>
>>61516079
Yes.
>>
File: wut.jpg (10KB, 240x214px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
10KB, 240x214px
>>61516056
>>
>>61516094
alright thanks anon
>>
File: 1470298835834.gif (107KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470298835834.gif
107KB, 480x270px
>>61516056
But like, we need the weed here to help us cherish mother earth, maaan!
>>
File: niggawhatyousay.gif (1MB, 368x270px) Image search: [Google]
niggawhatyousay.gif
1MB, 368x270px
What's a good US VPN for a Canadian to use on OSX? I'm trying to get on my HBO account when I'm travelling for work but I guess Canada hates HBO?
>>
How real is the risk of getting banned from Amazon for returning stuff frequently? been kind of scared since reading a lot of horror stories about it but don't know if these are just very vocal exceptions that are only 0.00001% of cases or what. I mean I don't return stuff that often but I have a couple times when a GPU warranty mentioned I should return it to the retailer for a replacement for example. Could this kind of behavior get me banned? Also I bought 20 dash buttons when they were on sale for $1 so I could get $120 back in credit and then cancelled every order I made with them.
>>
>>61516119
The streaming services tend to blacklist VPNs these days, but you could set up your own from your house.
>>
Is there a workaround for FF breaking addons in newest version?
>>
>>61516130
Depends on the reasons of the return of most products and your return ratio.
If you return 50% of the shit you used and still works fine expect getting a ban from returning stuff.

Otherwise you can return stuff as much you want, returning 1-5 stuff per month when you bought 20 things because damage in the first days you received it then its nothing.
>>
>>61516130
i think amazon first email you telling you to basically cut that shit out first if you do it repeatedly often
>>
>>61516142
No, addons have to update to be compatible with E10 and shit. It takes quite a bit of coding for some of them. The up side is that when Mozilla finally finishes the transition they're on, this problem is supposed to be solved permanently, so future updates won't break addons any more.
>>
>>61511128
My sd card can't be read anymore by my mac and pc. It doesn't even know it's plugged in...now what? Who should I give money to?
>>
>>61516162
I imagine my ratio's pretty small (been a member since 2006, probably returned like 3-4 things in that time), more worried about having to return one high dollar item some day and Amazon suddenly banning me because they think I scammed them or something.
>>61516163
That's what I thought though some people said they never got contacted and just got banned and then Amazon refused to say anything besides an automated fuck off notice when they asked.

Then again those people could be lying to make their own case better, not sure.
>>
>>61516189
Is the data important?
>Really important
Expect to pay $200-400.

Not so important?
Try Testdisk photorec to restore all files, if its detected by the device manager in windows stuff can somewhat be rescued.
>>
My 3 year old r9 290 has been giving me trouble lately (occasional artifacts that go away after reseating it) so I'm considering offloading to some miner on eBay for around $200-$250 maybe a little more. Then using that to get a 1060 or a 580x because then even with the current gouging prices it'd be like 200 something for one after the eBay money. Is this stupid? Should I just wait until prices go down again? Try and RMA the 290?
>>
>>61515727
Anybody?
>>
File: 1454032960854.png (160KB, 890x862px) Image search: [Google]
1454032960854.png
160KB, 890x862px
My entire life is on this computer.

Is there a way for me to back my entire computer up?
>>
>>61516393

Use CrashPlan (from Code 42) or Duplicati (which is FOSS)
>>
>>61516393
Clonezilla.
Get a WD RED HDD.
Also do a backup of the backup, one backup is not enough.
>>
>>61516393
Macrium reflect is the easiest option for a full system backup. FreeFileSync is good for backing up just files/folders.
>>
I want to add white leds inside my case, where should i start? what should i get?
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (193KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
193KB, 1000x750px
does anybody know what kind of capacitors these are? aside from the fucked kind. they're at least 45 years old and while the device has not broken down yet they look like they're hanging by a fuckin thread
>>
>>61516484
you might start by getting some white leds
>>
File: caps.jpg (68KB, 564x685px) Image search: [Google]
caps.jpg
68KB, 564x685px
>>61516499
>>
File: carl.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
how the FUCK do I set up a home VPN for my girlfriend to use? I have an ASUS router that has it built in but it wouldn't work when we tried to connect.
>>
>>61516499
those are old timey relays, broooooo
>>
File: tech_lul.png (294KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
tech_lul.png
294KB, 600x518px
>>61516518
tell that bitch to do it herself or stop crying about that 70 cents on the dollar bullshit that isn't even true
>>
>>61516518
could the modem be blocking it? Are you using the public ip? Are you using the right protocol?
>>
>>61516537
Yes I'm using my public IP.

Protocol as in PPTP? Then yes.

I share screened with her and she's using the correct username and pw too. Still can't get it right.
>>
Until recently I found out this doesn't work:
if [[ $# -ne 1 || -f $1 || -z `file $1 | grep image` ]]; then
#some error message
else
#stuff
fi
[\code]

My problem is if the file passed to it has spaces, it fucks up somehow. Is there a better way try to achieve what I'm doing? I just want to pass an image file to a bash script "the right way"
>>
>>61516499
>>>/diy/qtddtot
>>
>>61516504
So i buy a strip of white leds?
>>
>>61511411
I would make it a class. It's safer and more idiomatic c++. Basically it forces you to have a constructor and allows more complex integration into your code. But that's about the only difference
>>
>>61516554
>PPTP
I mean if you get off on doing it in public, more power to you.
>>
>>61511128
are there any advantages/disadvantages to using a TV for a computer monitor. i need a cheap monitor for my setup so im trolling craigslist.
>>
>>61516677
Too big for the resolution, shit response time.
>>
>>61516687
>>61516687
thanks i just did some reading about response time/refresh rate. i guess the more hz and the less response time the better.
>>
>>61516589
Just qoute your variables. Wherever you use $1 change it to "$1"
>>
>>61516677
Latency and we are talking about 20ms+ on both response and GTG latency, FUCKLOADS OF PROBLEMS THANKS TO OVERSCAN LIKE YOU HAVE NO IDEA, programs upscaling for no reason, screen too big for the resolution, etc.
>>
>tfw living the life of a caged animal with diminishing employment prospects since last few years
should i just kill myself?
>>
>>61516732
Made it worse. It breaks the symlink and does something weird with the checking.
>>
File: eeeeeeee.jpg (11KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeee.jpg
11KB, 247x247px
How many emails do you guys have?

Is it bad practice to only have one email for everything?
>>
>>61516824
I have work, school, personal, and throwaway
>>
>>61516824
5-7.

1 main one for anything related to my life and work, 1 for backup of that one.
1 for whoever asks me for a email for stuff that doesnt need a email (Example, my ISP sending me packages to contract their porn channels when i dont even have cable).
1 to register in websites, other 2 for multiple accounts.

And other fake accounts to troll whoever tries to dox me, have worked really well so far for 5 years, you would be surprised how butthurt people get when you dedicated yourself to remove watermark from images.
>>
>>61516802
>quoting variables breaks symlinks
mmhmm, a likely story.
>>
>>61516861
>>61516824
Also yes, its bad.
>Why
The second its compromised your internet life its FUBAR.
>>
I'm using i3 and ranger and in my i3 config file I've got a command

bindsym $mod+F3 exec ranger

But it doesn't open ranger and it works for all the other software I want mapped to $mod + f keys

Anything stupid I'm missing?
>>
When it comes to Blu Ray rips, what is the purpose of torrenting the complete 50GB rip? Is it for archiving or just having the maximum amount of quality?
>>
>>61516904
To have 20Mbps bitrate movies with no compression and artifacts.
>>
>>61516892
You need a terminal to launch it in. Try
bindsym $mod+F3 exec i3-sensible-terminal -e ranger;
>>
File: single-large-byteserved.png (7KB, 270x622px) Image search: [Google]
single-large-byteserved.png
7KB, 270x622px
For this URL: https://open.spotify.com/album/378byYFhSL5EjjnMxgmvxj I used HttpFox to see that these resources loaded validly and entirely while only having said page open:
List (each URL has these element - 206 Partial Content (HTTP status code) and application/octet-stream (type)):
1. https://audio-fa.scdn.co/audio/3a1cf1dfec7fb201e814cfec7babfb28fc1c0627?1500791544_IPFFdpA/PiYoKuMU3wcwTo1tbJudMfyBCAsmDVf0RHw= - Content-Range: bytes 0 through 179429 of 3021749 total bytes
2. https://audio-fa.scdn.co/audio/3a1cf1dfec7fb201e814cfec7babfb28fc1c0627?1500791544_IPFFdpA/PiYoKuMU3wcwTo1tbJudMfyBCAsmDVf0RHw= - Content-Range: bytes 179430 through 361842 of 3021749 total bytes
3. https://audio-fa.scdn.co/audio/3a1cf1dfec7fb201e814cfec7babfb28fc1c0627?1500791544_IPFFdpA/PiYoKuMU3wcwTo1tbJudMfyBCAsmDVf0RHw= - Content-Range: bytes 361843 through 534396 of 3021749 total bytes

http://open.spotify.com is using byte serving (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_serving). How do I download #1 in the list (179,429) to one file, then #2 in the list (182,412 bytes) to another file, then #3 in the list (172,553 bytes) to another file, etc.? Or how do I download #1 to file "byte-served.mp4" (downloading one URL in the list downloads an MP4 file), then concatenate #2 to the same file, then concatenate #3 to the same file, etc.?
>>
>>61515412
>>61515557
Thanks anons. Seems you were right.

I installed Allin1(v16.50.2601_Allin1) from my motherboard (Asrock b350 Pro4)'s website first, then installed ScarlettUAC2Install-beta-3.2.2-292-tdl, an older version of the drivers rather than the newest ones.

I also disabled driver signing temporarily (think the newest drivers have some issue with that in Windows 7) but I don't think it changed anything. However, it's working perfect on YouTube now. I have yet to install my DAW and try out everything but it looks like that was the issue.
>>
File: 71Iz-G82R0L._SX522_.jpg (15KB, 522x291px) Image search: [Google]
71Iz-G82R0L._SX522_.jpg
15KB, 522x291px
Which is the best brand for USB Hubs?
Should i go with 7 or 10 slots?
>>
How do you handle the fuckton passwords for each? I'm assuming they are different from each other?

Password managers are vulnerable, right?
>>
File: 1499812295007-g.jpg (463KB, 1321x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1499812295007-g.jpg
463KB, 1321x1426px
So long story short
>Friends father's phone received a corrupt Android update because power went out during download or some shit
>taken back to store for phone replacement because phone was locking up randomly
>without removing the battery it turning the phone off, the worker there yanked the microSD card out when the phone was still on
>said SD card no longer works now. Still recognized by devices and computers, but any and all read or write fails

Even gparted couldn't do anything. Cannot delete or alter the existing partitions in any way shape or form. Other than complain and demand a new card, what are some options? All the stuff on the card was backed up so that doesn't matter. But 256GB Samsung pro cards aren't exactly cheap.
>>
>>61516965
How do I download data received from GET requests?

Those 3 URLs were loaded with a GET request.
>>
File: A2133111_TD01.jpg (126KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
A2133111_TD01.jpg
126KB, 960x960px
>>61517129
I bought a 10 Port charging hub from Anker. I think it cost me $30? Supports quick charge 3.0 standard. Good for my phone, tablet, e-reader, Chromebook, etc.
>>
>>61517133
If your PC is compromised they're getting your passwords whether you use a manager or not.
>>
>>61511128
How do people keep up with recent technologies?

Anytime I start on a quick side project I find 100+ different packages/frameworks/whatever that are relevant, how do you sort through and know which ones to use.

Moreover, does anyone code with just the languages "defaults" and no additional packages (I realize this is basically impossible for even slightly-complex projects)?
>>
>>61517188
That drawing sucks.
>>
>>61517208
forgot to specify this is not to charge stuff, it's for mouses/ tablets/ keyboards.

Can you use that one for the listed above?
>>
>>61517208
+1
Remember that's Anker, NOT Aukey.
>>
>>61517133
>Password managers are vulnerable, right?
No. Onlines ones maybe.

>>61517192
GET is just a normal web request, use wget, curl, httpie, a fucking web browser, whatever.
>>
File: A7515111_ND01.jpg (165KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
A7515111_ND01.jpg
165KB, 960x960px
>>61517238
No sorry! The one I posted was a charging hub. Pic related is a data hub. $40 on Amazon. Although this one had 3 if the ports dedicated to being able to quickcharge if need be. That it they're able to deliver more power to say, an external HDD.
>>61517229
Yea... Well.. you suck! Bully!
>>61517239
Yea Anker is my shit. Aukey is garbage.
>>
>>61517318
HDDs don't make use of Quickcharge.
>>
>>61517346
No I mean the port being capable of delivering enough power to a power hungry drive. My 7200rpm 2.5" external only does half it's rated speed when plugged into a standard USB hub port even with no other devices in the hub
>>
>>61517436
Ok, I'm just telling you there's zero difference between a properly made 3.0 port and a Quickcharge capable port to a device that isn't Quickcharge spec, which HDDs definitely are not.
>>
File: 20170713_032524.png (413KB, 720x499px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_032524.png
413KB, 720x499px
Anyone know a good site to download good quality movie and tv shows? I need to cut my internet service and just want to have movie and shows to watch.
>>
>>61517559
Fuck i'm meant torrent sites
>>
>>61517567
zooqle.com
>>
>>61517567
zooqle.com/
torrentproject.se/
torrentdownloads.me
thepiratebay.org/
yts.ag if you can't find it elsewhere.

Look for downloads that are x265 and/or 10bit. They'll give you more quality per gig.
>>
I'm trying to learn how to make posts on services via cURL or generally how to make posts on imageboards via cURL. Just for example, let's say I wanted to make a post to 8ch. What is the cURL syntax to do so? Is there a good source of documentation for this sort of thing? Where do I begin?
>>
i need a good partition cloning/imaging program because my HDD is dying on me
>>
>>61517746
Macrium.
>>
How do I recover files from a old hd? This hd I'm tring to recover had windows installed on it which I'm unable to boot. I connected it to my main computer but the only thing I can see on it is the windows files
>>
>>61517772
also curious about this.
>>
>>61517772
>windows files
You mean like your directories? Your files should be exactly where you left them
>>
>>61517788
I left it on the desktop. But when I go to my user>desktop the thing is empty. The files still in the same since it has the same size as before
>>
>>61517806
still in the hd*
>>
>>61517770
will the free version be enough for cloning all my partitions and copying over to a new hdd?
>>
Best mail client for android, for non-mainstream email provider?

Also, the one that doesn't have that "sent with XYZ"
>>
>>61511128
Got a couple of questions. I built my first pc a few months back for light and heavy gaming back in february.
Specs:
>i5 6600k (with Corsair h75 liquid cooler on a cheap sale)
Safe oc'd to 4.06 ghz(since I'm a bitch and can't into fearless custom oc) w/custom fancurve.
>Crucial 2133Mhz 16 gig
Got 2 extra chips for free so why not
>MOBO MSI Z170-A Pro
>Corsair RM750x Gold, 750 watt
>GPU MSI Gtx 1080 Armor OC
Also has a custom fancurve since it tends to run a little hot in my book.
>Case is an NZXT h2 case.
>Hard drives from previous computer.

>Q1: Using the gtx1080 on 144hz 1080p
Purchased so I can be confident running games on high-end settings for times to come. Any reason to go 1440p 144hz? Will I be disappointed?

>Q2: Do I need faster ram?
I'm used to somewhat slower ram than this, but is it necessary to go higher? Any performance boost?

>Q3: Bottlenecking.
I've tried researching for answers here, but there seems to be shitloads of stuff that affect performance between components.
Are there any trained eyes that can see what might bottleneck performance?

>Q4: Last question, GPU OCing.
What's a minimum OC I can perform on my gpu? I know it probably isnt necessary but in case i'll need a little extra power, I wanna know how.
I know mem-clock isnt that relevant at 1920x1080p gaming on this card, but is there a safety threshold i can move within when ocing clock speed/core voltage?
>>
Ok, so I'm looking for ideas as to why my laptop has been freezing randomly since a clean install of Windows 7 (done for unrelated reasons). It was fine before the wipe. The only thing I have put on it is manually downloaded windows updates that have worked fine on other PCs, plus a card reader driver and ethernet driver from the manufacturer. Literally nothing else. I ran through the entire install process again and had the same problem. It made it halfway through ninite downloading the first program and froze again. The ISO is verified, with intel usb 3.0 drivers inserted, and I've scanned the HDD/Ram to oblivion. I got nothin...
>>
>>61517685
You can either tell it explicitly which method to use (check the man page, it's -X POST) you when you send a request with form data (-F key1=value1,...) it defaults to post.
>>
>>61516955
Nice, thanks man! It makes senss that the other programs weren't cli-based

Second stupid question; what does -e do in that command?
>>
>>61517841
pls respond
>>
Do copyright trolls tend to go after anime related torrents a lot less compared to western shows?
>>
I've just bought a new SSD (500gb). Before I install anything on it, is it still the 'done thing' to partition a drive into multiple drives? Or just have a single partition with a decent folder structure.
>>
Why don't more motherboards have USB-C built into them yet? Instead of 20 USB2/3 ports? In fact, why do so many motherboards still only have USB3.0/1 connectors?
>>
>>61518098
You can do it that way. Obviously it helps a little if you like reinstalling your OS a lot without moving files. But it's kind of a pain predicting how much space you need to give the OS partition, and the unused space there is kind of a waste, although it doesn't hurt to leave some free in an SSD. Mostly I wouldn't bother unless you wan't to add an HDD.
>>
>>61518064
Yes, because you still need the owner's agreement to do that business, and japs seldom give a shit. That said, some shows that have had overseas success, such as Sword Art Online, allegedly are defended in USA.
>>
>>61518177
Thank you anon. There have been times in the past where I've needed to wipe and re-install windows and being able to do this on an isolated partition was a godsend (so I didn't need to reinstall music, documents etc on other partitions)

Do sectors still fail on SSD like they occasionally did on HDD? Or is the tech so different I need to unlearn old ways?
>>
>>61518264
Flash memory is weird. It's kind of meant to have some sectors die, but that's the kind of shit that happens beneath the surface where the OS doesn't even have access. They over-provision for that reason. So when sectors die on an SSD you'll probably never know. It gets really crazy on cheap portable storage. There are 2gb sd cards out there that are actually 16gb cards with a bunch of fucked up cells disabled.
>>
>>61518135
USB C is usb3
>>
>>61518178
So, for for your example with SAO, it'd be the American-based license holder issuing the notice?
>>
What's the easiest way to run more than 4 monitors on a GTX 1080ti?

Why is it limited to 4?
>>
>>61518325
not necessarily
>>
>>61518344
Because that's the way it is
Just get a another GPU, as long as you're not running games on it it doesn't really matter what you get.
>>
>>61511350
Because you are making a vector calculator I recommend making it a class. You will be able to more easily add features to the vector class later on.
>>
>>61518331
Yes, I believe so. SAO is somewhat a special example, since they have an American company producing an English live-action based on the same source material. So far I haven't heard of people getting letters for other titles, even though most are licensed when airing nowadays.
>>
>>61518325
I suppose I'm thinking about the little curved ports on MacBooks etc compared to the blue square USB ports currently on most tech.

>they've really fucked with the whole USB3 standard for marketing.

>try explaining USB 3.1 gen 2 to your standard NEET
>>
would a 23.8'' monitor be too small for a 2560x1440 resolution?

That is a 123ppi.

A similar ppi is a 1080p 18'' monitor, but those don't even exist.

Or a 1366x768 res on a 13'' which I'm using on my laptop, but laptops you hold closer to your face than a monitor.
>>
>>61518583
I WISH there were ~22" 1440p 144fps monitors
>>
I'm writing a data analysis tool and i need to print the results in a nicely-formatted A4 paper.

How do people do this?
* create an html+css webpage and then put the data in some <div> ?
* edit a PDF file with a library?
* edit docx files with some sort of microsoft office scripting library?
>>
>>61518656
* all of the above and then some
DOCX files are easy to understand once you get the hang of it, but the spec for OOXML is 3600 pages long. I dare say it's a lot saner than HTML, which doesn't really believe in pagination. There are also toolkits in almost every language, of varying quality, that manipulate DOCX files so that you don't have to worry about all those funky little elements.
RTF is a possible substitute that, being all text in the first place without quite so many cross-references, may be easier for you to work with.
PDF is the only one where you can control down to the pixel what goes where on the page. The downside is that you *have* to, unless you do some crazy Don Lancaster smart document shit. With Word or HTML, all that pagination and layout is deferred to display time and you need only declare it.
People do HTML+CSS pretty often because it's easy and it's everywhere, but they have less control over page headers or fonts so it's avoided when neatness counts.
>>
>Firefox constantly freezing with not-responding error for 3-5 seconds
>so fucking laggy when playing videos

is this just a firefox thing? how do you fix it?
>>
>>61518748
I/O wouldn't become a bottleneck if they were just punching out the sparse parts of files. It's easier and faster to create those on the fly than to read them in from some device.
Looks like you've done all you can as a mortal user. Might need to chat with the admin and see if they have any ideas and if they can stop that please. For all anyone knows they may be using lzsomething compression on all user files.

>>61518810
I fix it with youtube-dl. Sometimes restarting firefox and closing imageboard tabs works. Also, don't visit tumblr.
>>
>>61513916
Furthermore, in the case that you can have the same key in different sections, you always need to specify what section you're using, right?
>>
I'll preface this with saying I'm a student.
What I wanted costs about $540, and I have $30.
Someone an hour drive away from here is looking at buying my laptop for her kid for about $250.
Should I just sell my mATX G4560 system for $300 (worth about $450 currently on retail)? I'd be losing money on it, but it's an upgrade nonetheless.
I feel like I'm being ripped off living in this dorm. Could just go live with the parents while in college, and have cheaper living arrangement, if not free.
Nobody in my area needs their lawns mowed or dogs walked, and there's not a lot of options around for proper work.
>>
Two questions

A) If I install a "pacman -Qqe"'d list of packages, will pacman totally stop processing the list it it hits any AUR packages, or will it just continue and give me a list of failed packages at the end?
B) As far as Bluetooth recievers go, can I just grab any cheap chineses shit or are they more of a "get what you pay for" kind of deal?
>>
>>61518876
>cluster I/O
Yeah, I figured out that wasn't the problem. Reads started functioning properly after a while, so the cluster was probably copying the file to other computers or something.
>>
File: 20272051.jpg (69KB, 572x960px) Image search: [Google]
20272051.jpg
69KB, 572x960px
What would be the best way to reattach this USB? Just needs to be in a condition to get the files backed up.

Connection points look fine so i'm considering soldering
>>
>>61518925
Just solder the connector back on, or solder it to the wires on a spare USB cable
Whichever you think would be easier.
>>
>>61511128
question: is this gif creepy?
answer: yes
>>
File: a.jpg (94KB, 867x960px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
94KB, 867x960px
>>61518925
just cut a spare usb cable and solder the wires on
>>
>>61511323

Probably a bit late, but...

Make sure to get a separate modem and router. As modems are closed source it generally means that decent WRT builds aren't made for them.

Assuming ADSL, you will need to have a look at how far you are from your exchange and what chipset your exchange uses. I can't recall the specifics of this so you'll need to Google.

As for router, I've found ASUS routers are the best if only for the reason of having MerlinWRT available. Most stable, easy and fast WRT I've used easily, save for maybe Tomato back in the day
>>
So I learned litecoins are worth something, and I have a few. I found my wallet.dat file but I dont remember a damn thing about how to use it or get my coins off of it. Where do I start looking?
>>
As someone with a GTX 750 Ti, is it worth mining any cryptocurrencies?
Running it over nights doesn't concern me a lot because the power arrangement with the landlords is good.
Getting into it has been a hassle because I'm retarded and never done it before.
Thanks anons, I love you.
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (6KB, 668x217px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
6KB, 668x217px
>>61511128
Who can tell me wtf is wrong with my GPU's fan?

Pic related. It doesn't start spinning until temps have been super high (95C+) for minutes. It spins for about a minute and then stops, and the cycle repeats.
>>
File: 1485956561923.gif (11KB, 393x484px) Image search: [Google]
1485956561923.gif
11KB, 393x484px
>HackTool:Win32/Keygen
>You are MUST delete the cancer from your Microsoft™ system

Can keygens be cancer for the PC?
>>
>>61519315
Yes. Most pirated shit comes with malware. Unfortunately an AV is usually useless cause they'll flag it either way.
>>
hey /sqt/, how do I into case airflow?
>>
>>61519349
Just try to make it as straight a line as possible from intake to outtake. Generally cases are build to have the front/bottom be intake, and the top/back be outtake.
>>
File: 1500576850844.jpg (170KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1500576850844.jpg
170KB, 2000x1333px
How the fuck am I supposed to pirate Windows 8.1? I haven't installed a windows OS since 7 6 years ago. Do I download the ISO from Microsoft
directly and look up a product key?
>>
I'm using external HDD with windows 10 ltsb installed on it via win2go. Every time I reinstall windows I have to extend volume so I can have one virtual drive for system and other for movies and shit like everyone probably do.
HDD is 500gb. Every single time I extend volume(right after I finished first windows launch) it was able to split it into like 60gb and 410gb volumes. Now for whatever reason it can only split it into two volumes with ~237gb each. Obviously I don't need system drive to be this big. How to fix? What causes it?
>>
>>61519412
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>61519446
This is fantastic, thanks anon
>>
>>61511128
>Find a pretty reliable vpn
>Go buy a prepaid debit card to buy it anonymously
>Shit uses paypal to connect
>Dont want to make real paypal and pay with fake card because whats the point
>Not sure how to activate the entire thing while being anonmoose

How does one get money from a prepaid card onto the interwebs and paypal without anything linking back?
>>
are amoled screens worth it or are they just a meme?
>>
>>61519341
What do then? Look for other keygen that won't get detected?
>>
File: 1413934751970.gif (499KB, 300x193px) Image search: [Google]
1413934751970.gif
499KB, 300x193px
best free text to speech program?
>>
tool to monitor cpu temps on linux?
>>
>>61519523
I mean you can make microsoft shut up, just be aware that if you're pirating you're probably getting malware.
>>
>>61519487
Cash money.
>>
>>61519541
When I install the apps I delete the keygens and do a full scan. They always come clean. Am I alright then?
>>
File: 1349873904127.jpg (17KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
1349873904127.jpg
17KB, 300x261px
>>61513402
Try installing the maximum ram your mobo can support, and configure virtual memory properly.
Then set your game's graphics down to bare minimum, as low as they go, and test it.
If it plays, raise the settings most important to you a little at a time until it starts to choke.
Dial it back a notch so it plays.
I am not going to do cheap laptop research for you. You will have do shop for yourself.
>>
>>61519578
Nah. Intentionally running malware and then expecting scans to save you is a fools game. Scans are a shitty solution that's just meant to help since we have nothing better. They're completely useless against zero days or anything that can ingrain itself into the system enough to circumvent the AV. That's part of why people on here recommend clean installs so often.
>>
>>61519533
Install lm-sensors then run sensor-detect

for command line: run
sensors
as any user
for GUI: install xsensors or your DEs sensor viewer.
>>
>>61519633
thanks, how to make it f?
>>
File: mu1439088250351.jpg (27KB, 444x467px) Image search: [Google]
mu1439088250351.jpg
27KB, 444x467px
>>61519621
I am retarded. So you are saying if something comes up on the initial scan don't use it, period?
But if it doesn't it is probably alright?
>>
>>61519693
I'm saying that most of the time when anyone gets malware it's because they were pirating software. This is true on both mobile and PC. The people who go to the effort of cracking software usually don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, and even when they do it usually gets repackaged by some asshole.

You're fine getting movies and music, just stay away from anything that runs, like an exe or an msi. If you're desperate you can try running shit inside a sandbox or VM, but their performance tends to suck and they're not foolproof solutions.
>>
Where do I buy a domain?
>>
>>61519773
namecheap
>>
>>61519773
From a domain registrar.
>>
>>61519773
I use 123-reg for mine, namecheap has good deals but their system can be a bit annoying to deal with. I tried to register with them initially and I had to go through the same process twice where the order would fail to process after paying, and I'd have to wait a few days for a refund. I just gave up after that and went with 123-reg and it all went through straight away. Their interface is a little bit dated/ugly, though.
>>
File: dell_se2717h.jpg (88KB, 540x468px) Image search: [Google]
dell_se2717h.jpg
88KB, 540x468px
Looking into buying a Dell SE2717H monitor. Cant find any information between model numbers 210-AJVN and 210-AIZR.
It seems to be quite the popular monitor so i hope someone knows. There seems to be a 10€ price difference between the models.
>>
>>61515246
No, the days of rogue ads running driveby downloads and remotely executing software on your computer are long gone. 0days are not wasted on things like that.
>>
>>61519777
>>61519835
Thank you, lads.
>>
Recently got in to photography and editing. My laptop is seven years old and struggles a bit with Lightroom. Would upgrading the RAM be sufficient or should I just buy a new one? I'd prefer not to, of course.
>>
>>61519887
I don't think upgrading the RAM will be sufficient.
>>
>>61519423
send help
>>
>>61519887
If it's that old everything in your computer is several generations out of date. Lagging a few years behind the cutting edge is absolutely fine but you're a bit too far behind if you want to do anything other than webbrowsing.
>>
>>61519870
Remember popups? Thems was dark days on the interwebs
>>
>>61519842
1920x1080 on a 27" screen
WHY?
>>
>>61519962
Some people don't understand DPI.
>>
>>61519929
Thanks. I guess I'll look in to a new one then.
>>
Is openDNS legit?
>>
>>61519962
>>61519978
Because its cheap and i dont feel that it looks unshartp at my normal working viewing distance.
>>
>>61520000
Nice quads, you must work out!
>>
>>61519992

cisco bought them out but given that the choices are botnet isp dns, google dns, or cisco dns for 99% of people, pick your (dns cache) poison
>>
int APIENTRY wWinMain(_In_ HINSTANCE hInstance,
_In_opt_ HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
_In_ LPWSTR lpCmdLine,
_In_ int nCmdShow)
{
}

I thought that cpp naming convention is some_name instead of someName
>>
>>61520076
There are dozens of c++ naming conventions.
>>
>>61520098

i would rather have a consistent one when i want to use win apis, or am i gonna use it so rarely it shouldnt be too bothering?
>>
>>61520065
isp was frequently dropping on my w10 desktop (despite having the latest network driver) but is completely fine with my raspberry pi. I'm trying opendns on my desktop right now. so far so good.
>>
File: question mark x 2.png (77KB, 714x463px) Image search: [Google]
question mark x 2.png
77KB, 714x463px
why wont it work /g/
am i too retarded???
>>
>>61520177

i just realized thats Output_DEBUG_String()

FUCK
>>
New
>>61520199
>>61520199
>>61520199
>>
>>61519252

Think you just download the wallet don't you
>>
>>61511179
I had the exact same problem with a nexus 7, turns out I had to connect to it with UBS2 and not 3. Are you using usb3 ports?
>>
>>61511548
Use operator overloads for operators that would have obvious effects. Always keep in mind a future self or other developer who would read the code with the overloaded operator. Things like '+' being a concatenation or arithmetic addition make sense. A symbol with multiple meanings can become messy fast if not implemented appropriately.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.