[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best websites to download FLAC albums for free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: mp3vsflac_1.png (25KB, 1370x600px) Image search: [Google]
mp3vsflac_1.png
25KB, 1370x600px
What are the best websites to download FLAC albums for free (aka torrenting)?
>>
Pirate Bay?
>>
rutracker has a big archive. they are decent rips unless you are too autistic to be content with the quality.
>>
>>61510723
gee, I wouldn't know, mr. Warner.
>>
LET'S RIPPING, BOYS
>>
soulseek
>>
Soulseek u retard
>>
File: cerney.png (673KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
cerney.png
673KB, 500x727px
rutracker is honestly fine. I retag everything to an autistic, uniform degree anyway and I've yet to come across a "fake" lossless rip.
>>
>>61511086
>>61511145
>>61511180
>>61511220
These, Soulseek + Rutracker is the way to go without joining the cabal.
>>
>>61510723
Why do people still pirate music in 2017?
It's so fucking cheap now.
>>
>>61511230
what is cheap
>>
>>61510723

Apollo.rip

If you don't want to go the private tracker route, I've found about 90% of the FLAC I've wanted on rutracker.
>>
>>61511230

free beats cheap in any form of media
>>
>>61511252
ur mom
>>
>>61511230

I wouldn't pay a penny for an mp3, especially given the label eats 95% of it anyway.

I pirate my music, and I go see the band live to support them if they come to my city or one near by.
>>
>>61511230
takes too much effort to get lossless rips from cd
>>
>>61511300
>I pirate my music, and I go see the band live to support them if they come to my city or one near by.

This is worth emphasis if you're really into the whole "Buy music to support the artist".

If you buy a single shirt at one of their concerts, even after vendor cut and shit, the band will make 50x more money off you than if you bought every single MP3 they ever release. Don't support the labels that are bleeding them dry and manipulating their music creation.
>>
>>61510723
Why did you make the mp3 black and flac caucasian colored?
>>
>>61511252
You can get 3 cds for the price of lunch now. I just don't get why you would bother.
Or BandCamp exists, flacs are available there.
>>
>>61511336

If you're coloured like that, you might want to see a doctor.
>>
>>61511220
How do you retag things? I need a system to follow as i'm rebuilding my library from scrap
>>
>>61510723
redacted.ch
You can join via IRC interview.
Check out /ptg/ threads for all the info.
>>
>>61511360
Don't try to deflect, you racist bastard.
>>
>>61511385
Icterus is fucking serious. Go to doctor immediately.
>>
None since WCD died. RED is shit.
>>
>>61510723
Pretty much RuTracker, they're guaranteed to have FLACs of just about anything you could want.
If you want autism-quality albums (vinyl rips and 24/96k), avaxhome is a good place to look, they also have other assorted things you might typically not find elsewhere.
>>
does anyone know of a libre artist opus/flac repo?

i prefer to abide by the law :)
>>
>>61511230
It's so cheap I don't see the point in not just taking it.
>>
>>61511300
>especially given the label eats 95% of it anyway.
this is such a stupid meme.
first of all, you don't know how much the label gets. big labels for the top pop performers might get 95%, but then they spend a ton for promotion etc.
smaller labels get way less.
second, it's none of your business. if the musician is a retard and is getting ripped off by the deal he made it's his fault.

just admit you don't like paying and leave it at that.
>>
>>61511619
>second, it's none of your business

Good goy
>>
>>61510723
daily reminder that flac is a placebo
>>
>>61511619

>just admit you don't like paying and leave it at that.

Good logical reply to someone whose post recommended going to concerts (Easily can be $100+ tickets depending on you local venue) and buying shirts (Again, can easily get over $50) to support artists because he doesn't want to buy $99 cent MP3s.

You also have a suspicious level of defense of labels in your post. So are you with UMG or Sony? Props on your bot finding this post so fast.
>>
>>61511636

>Just download a compressed format so every time a standard changes or something new is better like Vorbis you can just needlessly need to redownload it because compressing a compressed file kills it.

Or just keep a CD quality recording and not deal with anything ever again.
>>
>>61511619
>but then they spend a ton for promotion etc.

Promotion to increase THEIR PROFIT MARGINS on sales, not out of courteous for the artist.
>>
>>61511666
that "i go to concerts instead" is another meme line that people post, but they don't really mean it.

>>61511696
holy shit, you mean they're trying to make profit and aren't doing it for charity? this is outrageous.
>>
File: logic.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
logic.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
Literally none.

320k mp3 or 192 vbr opus vs 32-bit 96Khz FLAC literally sounds the same to human ears unless proved otherwise with multiple verified abx tests.

>"What does this have to do with my autism anon-kun?"
I'm glad you asked, you gullible shitstain. Basically because you can't tell the difference between a good lossy encode and lossless encode people have flooded torrents with fake FLACS encoded from lossy rips and even forged cue sheets.

If you really want to satisfy your autism then get the original CD and pray to sweet jesus they didn't save the studio album as an MP3 file before burning the audio CDs.
>>
rip what.cd

rutracker has a lot of what.cd mirrors, but they still lack a lot of the rare stuff.
>>
>>61511230

I never saw any reason why you shouldn't reproduce something that essentially has no scarcity.
>>
>>61511230
Because i need to pay extra for shipping fees and wait at least a month to get the CDs.

I still do buy albums and singles that i like though.
>>
>>61511774
>192 vbr opus
make that 98kbps vbr opus and still applies

opus is bretty gud
>>
>>61511468

Why? It has only been months and they already have about 50% of the library restored.
>>
Rutracker is being shilled so fucking hard rn and I don't know why. It's an ok resource but it's not guaranteed anything. Lots of stuff isn't there in the first place, then there's lots of missing flacs or, god forbid, transcodes (especially in discographies). Then there's just horribly mistagged shit, or albums missing a song, songs missing data since the uploader didn't properly append or just generally did an incompetent job ripping, and you are missing a ton of selection when it comes to the source/edition.

If you like top 40 shit or don't mind mp3s, it's fine, but if you're autismo about flac, you'd better go the whole nine yards and join redacted or suck a dick for exigo
>>
>>61511863
>make that 98kbps vbr opus and still applies
>opus is bretty gud
This. I did abx tests between flac and 128kbps opus and I failed them everytime. Opus gives you insanely good quality at even low bitrates.

Though now I can't help but wonder if I'm going deaf.
>>
>>61511931
>Rutracker is being shilled so fucking hard rn and I don't know why. It's an ok resource but it's not guaranteed anything

Because for normal people it has basically any flac you'd want.

For fedora tippers such as yourself you'll likely not be able to find the latest Mongolian throat metal album.
>>
>>61511369
mp3tag or do it in your media player (foobar, mediamonkey, musicbee, etc)
>>
>>61512046
But what tagging do you use? Sometimes I get torn on what to even name things
>>
File: (((()))))(.png (149KB, 308x290px) Image search: [Google]
(((()))))(.png
149KB, 308x290px
>>61511681
>being so autistic that you feel a compulsion to reconvert your music when a new file format grabs your attention
>>
File: bunta02.jpg (21KB, 346x252px) Image search: [Google]
bunta02.jpg
21KB, 346x252px
>>61510723
Just get used CDs of eBay.
You can get most for like 4 dollar a piece including shipping.
>>
bandcamp has some artists with free music
>>
>>61511369
Tagscanner.

>I need a system to follow
how so? just fill the info boxes
>>
File: 1487899550202.png (82KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1487899550202.png
82KB, 500x501px
>>61512092
>anon literally says he doesn't do that
>YOU MUST BE AUTISTIC FOR DOING THAT
>>
>>61512072
What do you mean? Like, what do I put in my tags?
I usually just tag the title as the song title, no numbers ahead of it (That goes in the filename), then tag a genre (I don't tag anything as rap, it all goes under hip-hop, for instance. I do the same thing with different kinds of metal or synthwave cause I don't give a shit about every special snowflake spinoff music genre), tag the album, and that's usually where I stop giving a shit. I don't really care to tag the album artist because chances are that I already know what album I want to listen to before I think "I want to listen to X artist."
>>
File: ((why))).jpg (16KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
((why))).jpg
16KB, 500x558px
>>61512140
>being so autistic that you can't understand that the implication was that you either download flacs or download lossy formats and then update them to new lossy formats when they come out
get ur GED nigguh
>>
>>61512202
>being so poor that mp3 is even an option
It's objectively worse in every measurable aspect. If filesize is a problem spend the $40 on a terabyte disk.
>>
>>61512248
>only listening to music on your computer
>installing a new HDD just so you can fit more flac rips out of some autistic compulsion to have the very best file format
>thinking your special snowflake ears can tell the difference between a 198kb mp3 rip and a flac rip
yes honey you are very very smart for knowing better than those nasty mp3 plebs. lets go home and i can help you on your essay on the abx test. no, honey, you don't have to do it yourself, that's what mommy's for.
>>
>>61512248
see >>61511774

I own a 4TB HDD btw
>>
I've avoided flac for years and I think I'm ready to hop on the band wagon. I like private trackers but hur-dur ratios kill everything
>>
File: tagging.png (91KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
tagging.png
91KB, 740x740px
>>61512072
Original guy here, I just use mp3 tag and then use the iTunes system of naming things, expect one step further with separate discs also having their own folder. (pic related)
Also I tend to discard .cue, .m3u, etc. files because they're mostly unnecessary for my needs. And with everything being ALAC in my archive and AAC on my main drive because >iPhone.
>>
>>61511230
Sure it's cheap, but it's still not free so why would I spend money?
>>
someone give me an invite to jpopsuki
>>
>>61511369
Don't most players have a tagging system by default? I just use musicbee's auto tagging system.
>>
>>61512840
Please redpill me on Musicbee. I've been using Mediamonkey ever since I dropped Winamp, but I hate how it always redraws the UI, how nobody makes skins for it anymore, and how it treats all the media keys on my keyboard (including turning the volume up or down!) as one key.
I tried Musicbee a while back, but it looked pretty ugly and was a pain in the ass to customize the UI
>>
File: Capture.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>Please redpill me on Musicbee
It works, and skins are being made for it.

On another note, why the fuck is this album so hard to get in FLAC?
>>
>>61512974
>>61513119
>>
>>61511145
This.
>>
>>61510723
rutracker or RED
>>
>>61510723
This pic is a non sense
>>
>>61511230
convenience
>>
how do i use soulseek
>>
>>61513599
Don't be a lazy retard. I just figured it out myself in 5 minutes.
>>
>>61512477
You know you can
1. Not pirate the music
or
2. Check it yourself in a spectrum analyzer
>>
>>61511476
Which is the real avaxhome
>>
>>61511619
I buy flacs off bandcamp. The artist gets most if not all of it.
>>
>>61511774
Uh, no.
The autists, such as myself, run it through spectro to make sure it is lossless.
For me it's about keeping complete books in the library rather than ones with pages ripped off.
>>
>>61510723
http://www.ektoplazm.com
They let you play in player to sample before downloading.
>>
>>61513737
sorry im retarded
why are my searches not showing up anything
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.