[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, I'm willing to finally upgrade my TV to get a 4K one,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: id503640_1.jpg (61KB, 650x498px) Image search: [Google]
id503640_1.jpg
61KB, 650x498px
/g/, I'm willing to finally upgrade my TV to get a 4K one, I've found that for what I can spend there are 3 valid options
The Samsung KS8000
The Sony X800E
The LG OLED C6V

Between the first 2, basically the only difference is that the Samsung has a true 10Bit panel while the Sony has a technology that mimics 14Bit (or something like that) and possibly the Sony has a better video processing (clearer images). But I don't really know which one is truly better.

Now, I've also found for about the same price the LG, which is an OLED but of last years generation (if I stand correct). I just wanted to know if OLEDs are just a meme, if the fact that their brightness level is shit compared to LEDs is a problem (I would keep it in my bedroom) or if I should just buy the LG as OLED has better blacks and all that shit (also the LG has a 10Bit panel too). The only problem is that it's curved. Now, while I know it's a meme, it is also one of the least expensive OLEDs I found, is curve actually worse or indifferent/depends on the preference?

Thank you for helping a poor uni student not to waste money
>>
>>61489554
Post a link to all of them. Too lazy to google all of them from phone.
>>
>>61489554
>Thank you for helping a poor uni student not to waste money

start saving money now you dumb fuck, don't spend it on useless gadgets
>>
>>61489554
>poor uni student
>buying anything but the lowest end TV
topkek
>>
>>61489554
I've never had experience with a full scale oled display. I prefer amoled phone screens but don't know if the technology is as developed at this scale. If so, it should look fine so long as it's not placed in an overly bright room, but amoled phone screens rarely cut it in very bright light. Beyond that, specs never paint a very great picture of image quality. Customer reviews will tell you just as much if not more than specs will. The very best way though is to try to find some models to view irl.
>>
Samsung a shit.

Sony = best processing. The 14bit thing is where it takes a 10 bit signal and uplifts it to 14bit through special processing that removes all banding artifacts. It has the best motion.

The LG has true blacks since it is self emitting. It has a minor risk of screen burn/retention but if you are not a hardcore gamer or leave it on a news ticker 24/7 you should have no issues.

I have a LG OLED55B6V and love it. The only downside is their motion interpolation sucks compared to Sony's.
>>
For DTT 10 bit is marketing as the color bandwidth is constrained prior to transmission.

The screen likely displays around 96% of sRGB so for non broadcast use it will be an even bigger triumph of marketing.

Are you sure you even have full colour spectrum vision OP? Can you identify color and other enc faults without out having them pointed out? Can I say top Kek now?
>>
>>61490679
And I must add I use a hardware color corrected monitor if that helps you OP.
>>
I want 4k, the 10Bit panel served only to identify the better one. Doesn't even mind anymore though, as I'll get the OLED
>>
>>61490944
6 generation LG oleds have banding issues and poor input lag
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.