[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my laptop just took a shit and I'm flying to Japan on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: normal_akihabara_IMG_6888.jpg (155KB, 799x533px) Image search: [Google]
normal_akihabara_IMG_6888.jpg
155KB, 799x533px
So my laptop just took a shit and I'm flying to Japan on Tuesday. Is there any reason to buy a laptop over there instead of here?
>>
>>61484973
Only if you want a laptop made from a Japanese manufacturer like Panasonic or NEC. Also most of their laptops only come with Japanese keyboards which have some extra keys so they're a bit more cramped. You probably won't save any money buying a laptop here unless it's used. If you get a new one though you can at least get it duty free so you'll save there.
>>
>>61485039
Hmm I didn't even think of the duty free thing, that might make a difference. I work for a Japanese company (I'm going over there for work stuff) and having a Japanese keyboard might not be the worst thing either.

On the other hand I was browsing around Yodobashi's site and laptops seem to be more expensive to begin with over there, maybe I'm just not seeing the budget ones though.
>>
>>61485059
If you use romaji input like most people then a Japanese keyboard won't really do you much good aside from a handy dedicated key to switch between input methods. But it's not like you can just setup custom shortcuts to do that anyway.

If you're checking Yodobashi also check Bic Camera and Sofmap. If you're going to Akihabara then it's worth checking out some of the smaller chains like Tsukumo which also sell laptops I believe.
>>
>>61484973
No. They are generally models behind, except for Apple, and have shitty keyboard layouts and software.

Just don't.
>>
>>61484973
I was there recently and you see a lot of asians buy electronics due to currency and the no taxes thing, you just need to request the receipts.

If you head to Akiba, check out 2nd hand laptops where you can find some good deals on Macbooks or something. Otherwise sales tax is 10% so cut that off if you're a tourist and got a passport to show.
>>
Not Japan but some countries nearby, especially Taiwan has some really great prices if you are OK with Taiwanese consumer tier manufacturers like acer or anus.

Depending on the date, the cheapest round trip between Taiwan and Japan (booked one Kaohsiung - Osaka for end f September the other way round) is about 90 $. On a high end laptop, it might be worth it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.