[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private Conversations Leaked Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: racist.png (12KB, 234x236px) Image search: [Google]
racist.png
12KB, 234x236px
Will there be a day in the near future where the private social interactions between people are leaked online due to a breach on a particular social network (Facebook, Skype, Gmail...)and someone creates a searchable database for it?

Imagine going to a website and entering someone's name and a word or a string of words to search for. It would pull up conversations including those words. So, you could type "nigger" and find out easily if someone is a racist.

Is this even a possibility? The idea of this sometimes keeps me up at night particularly because I have had some pretty fucked up conversations with friends (racism, talking about disabled people, or shit talking family members.)

Am I just being paranoid?
>>
The obstacle to this would be sheer size. That's a lot of data per active user, multiplied by the number of users involved. How the fuck is someone going to pull down THAT MUCH DATA before getting caught? And if they do, where the fuck are they going to put it where it won't get taken down?

This is only realistic for very specific, targeted breaches, and yes it would be paranoid to think that anyone cares quite so much about you in particular.
>>
>>61483305
Lots of people care about me, I'm a very important person.
>>
>>61483305
>it would be paranoid to think that anyone cares quite so much about you in particular.

Yes, I've thought about this. Logically I could understand that all of my dirty shit would only become important if I wanted to be a politician or something like that.

One of the big reasons why I left all social media is because the idea of this freaked me out but now I'm starting to see that maybe my fears are irrational, especially if I have no plans to commit major crimes or plan terrorist attacks.
>>
>>61483320
Okay well it was nice to meet you. Goodbye.
>>
>>61483322
If you did something horrible to bring infamy upon yourself, the least of your concerns is whether people are reading your message history.

I think it's a legitimate and reasonable concern to watch what you say online. Even on smaller scales, people can always betray your trust to spread the off-color things you've said in public. But that kind of personal disloyalty is far, far more likely than a broad scale leak, both technically and with regard to personal impact.
>>
>>61483283
Doesn't need to even be leaked. Information posted on the internet is nearly permanent and even if the owner of said information is unwilling to sell it now, the owner (or a future owner) could easily change their mind. The hard part is linking post history to an individual, but nowadays even speculation is considered good enough as evidence. Happen to share a static IP with a racist roommate? Your name gets put on the list, too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.