[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any fellow anons attend GVSU? Tell me what I need to know before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: gvsu.png (129KB, 979x549px) Image search: [Google]
gvsu.png
129KB, 979x549px
Any fellow anons attend GVSU? Tell me what I need to know before starting my computing major there. How is it for autists?
>>
>>61481789
I've never heard anything about GVSU's computer science program, so I'm going to take an educated guess that it's second rate and taking a backseat to their bread and butter (hanky panky liberal arts bullshit, as far as I remember).

It really doesn't matter where you get your degree as long as it says BSc. on the paper. All you're trying to do with it is pass bullshit HR screening. If you actually give a fuck about going to a "good" college and "excelling", go to UofM, or maybe Tech if you're really interested in hardware (think electrical engineering). If you couldn't make it into UofM or Tech, you fucked up somewhere along the line.

Once you've graduated, you probably won't know anything hugely useful or applicable to most CRUD software development, which is probably what most of your work will be in. If you want to not be a retard, you'll have to learn most of the important shit on your spare time.
>>
>>61481930
Definitely have the scores to attend UofM but not some place I'd like to go.
>>
>>61481964
In that case, just abstain from a "big" school. Paying anything over $10,000 in yearly tuition if you have no interested in flexing with the resultant degree is pissing away money.
>>
>>61481995
Consider GVSU a "big school"?
>>
>>61482017
Not really, which makes it even more wasteful. You're getting none of the recognition of a degree from MSU or Tech but paying thousands more than you'd have to somewhere smaller.
>>
>>61481964
>Definitely have the scores to attend UofM but not some place I'd like to go.
... why not?
>>
>>61482051
Too far.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.