[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3.5 mm to speakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: toliet_witch.png (1MB, 880x759px) Image search: [Google]
toliet_witch.png
1MB, 880x759px
Ive got a raspberry pi playing video for some safety stuff to employees. I need better audio then the tv has. I do have 4 smallish speaker sitting around that take bare speaker wire.

What is the best way to do this? Should I get some kind of baby amp or something? Ive tested the pi and the 3.5 mm jack takes over the moment I plug something in so thats no problem. Could I split the 3.5 into 2 3.5s? Then just strip the wire and plug it into 2 speakers? Id get by with 2 if its got the power to drive that.
>>
There are very inexpensive splitter adapters you can buy. The question is more of power, and that depends on the speakers and the space you're trying to fill with sound. A cheap amp might be worthwhile.
>>
>>61475604

Its a basement. Concrete walls ceiling and floor. I turned it into a lunch room for workers so they are not near machines when they dont need to be. Had a problem with someone deciding to eat lunch on something then fell off it.

Ive got three picnic tables down there long ways and room for two more. Its a pretty big room but I dont want to drown it. Its a lunch room and it seemed a good idea to rotate saftey videos in the background as a sort of reminder.

Ill start looking for a small amp that takes 3.5mm thanks.
>>
>>61475658
You need an amplifier. eBay has Chinese ones that have a 3.5mm input and take 12v power for under $10 but it'll take a long time to get to you. You could also just find a pair of powered computer speakers at Goodwill.
>>
>>61475681

Ill look into amps thanks.
>>
Can I just strip a 3.5mm cord and then feed that into a speaker that expects bare wire?
>>
>>61475708

Also what about a speaker selector? Seems like they take one input and multiple outputs. Only thing is I dont see a plug which makes me think these need an amp in the end anyways.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.