[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I've never used Linux before really other than Kali, and I decided to say fuck it and fell for the meme of making Fedora 26 my main OS (pic related)... I can't really seem to get basic tasks done without looking up everything for a couple of hours, and there really isn't as many resources out there for problems with Fedora as something such as Ubuntu. What is a more beginner friendly Linux OS? plsnoinstallgentoo
>>
>>61473083
Ubuntu or Linux mint
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>61473083
>edgy
>>
>>61473083
>tasks
what tasks, you already accomplished them - you're already shitposting
>>
>>61473191
Here is an example: I can't figure out how to install virtual box, Something about keys and things are missing and I've been googling and can't find the end of all the dependancies I've downloaded. I don't know what any of the things I google means, most of it is just copy and paste command people answered to other people. All of the people seem to be posting helpful responses to people who know what they're doing. I can understand the Ubuntu guides just fine though, so I am thinking I need to switch.
>>
File: 1500173031376.jpg (10KB, 228x216px) Image search: [Google]
1500173031376.jpg
10KB, 228x216px
>>61473246
>Being this retarded

My sides
>>
>>61473265
hahahhahhahaha you really got me
>>
>>61473246
>virtual box
You already have Boxes pre-installed though.
>>
>>61473246
>I google means, most of it is just copy and paste command people answered to othe
well dont do that and open polari or go to freenode irc and see how the package manager works
>>
Dual boot Windows, or keep around a second computer that'll run Windows until you become familiar with Linux. This is how I was able to learn Linux without breaking my workflow.
>>
I've been using Linux As my main OS for a few weeks now after uninstalling winblows and I've been using Arch Linux since day 1. As much as people think it's non userfriendly it's honestly not. All the programs you need are the AUR and repos. If you are worried about installing Arch Linux then use a youtube video whilst installing you'll also be learning a few interesting things depending on the video you watch.

If you are too keen on going all in on Arch, I'll suggest going with Ubuntu or Manjaro.
>>
>>61473889
Also if you need to know anything I'm sure there is always a few people around in a IRC that'll help you out.
>ubuntu
I regret saying that, Don't go with Ubuntu it'll hold your hand to the point you don't learn anything about GNU/Linux.
>>
File: IMG_2473.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2473.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>61473538
This or virt-manager
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.