[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

an actual serious /g/ discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (388KB, 565x526px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
388KB, 565x526px
who is actually buying iPhones then and is their insane cost-to-sales margins the only reason they can keep going?
>>
Hipsters and yes.
>>
Me since I want my phone to be updated for more than 1 and a half year, also they work well most of the time, but that's my experience.
>>
My grandma got an iPhone when it came out in 2007 and refuses to learn anything else
I'm just glad she got on board with tech that won't be obsolete before she's dead. My grandpa already tried and failed to hop on an iPhone. He's back to using a prepaid flip phone and suffering from dementia.
>>
>>61471354
Me because I actually want good performance.
>>
>iphone
>bad
>>
>>61471354
IPhones cost $15 to make and apple sells them at $1k
They don't need yo sell too many
>>
>>61471354
mum uses it. im ok with that.
>>
>>61471354
i really wish iphones weren't just locked down children's toys and that they allowed devs to root (or ""jailbreak"") more easily. i really do like the phones in general, they seem more stable and stuff.

can you really call iOS a general computing OS if it doesn't even have a file manager? if you can only install software that apple has approved for their market? i get that it makes it secure but it seems fucked up that they charge $800+ for a COMPUTER that you cannot use how you want. it's more akin to a gaming console than a computer.
>>
>>61471602
There's plenty of android phones by smaller companies that have good support.
I have a wileyfox swift, which is an almost 2 year old phone, that is running on the latest (stock) android, pushed OTA by wileyfox itself. Don't even need a custom rom.
Just don't by samshit.
>>
had iphone switched to the s8+ costed 600euro compared to the icuck at 900 euros wont buy another apple product until they intrude some game changing techinstead of being behind samsung
>>
>>61472145
iOS 11 does have a file manager, and there are a few 3rd party solutions that do the job nicely. It's not open as fuck like Android, but that's not really a bad thing.
>>
>>61471354
>who is actually buying iPhones then
posting on a 6

>and is their insane cost-to-sales margins the only reason they can keep going?
I'd wager it's more than that, but I'd have to agree
>>
>>61472179
>game changing stuff
>>
Hipsters Normies pretty much anyone that has no real idea about tech so just choose the one their friends have and stick with it cause they get used to it and like it, same reason why people use Windows over Linux, they rather have simple easy to use stuff then having to do stuff under the hood now and then
>>
I'll probably buy one.
They're the last company to have great devices that are not humongous bricks.
My One M7 is dying from the inside and I can't have anything bigger.
I'm done with flashing kernels and roms to get something working.
Sony is out of question.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.