[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is kodi ok to use in the UK with all ISPs, assuming you are not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is kodi ok to use in the UK with all ISPs, assuming you are not using torrent based addons?
>>
Kodi is safe to use everywhere, why wouldn't it, it's just a media player.
>>
>>61470102
top keke
>>
Yes as long as you're not selling the boxes
>>
oi u cheeky wanker, u tryn to avoid the telly licensing?
>>
>>61471470
If there was anything worth watching I would pay, possibly.
>>
kodi is fine, what matters is the addons you choose to use.
>>
>>61471863
No shit
>>
>>61470102
>>61471863
Do you really think that is what the question is?
>summer
>>
>>61471874
>>61471885
OP asked if kodi is ok to use in the UK with all ISP. I said it was fine depending on the addons you use. Is this wrong?
Kodi is not just for illegal streams.
>>
>>61471957
>Kodi is not just for illegal streams.
No shit
>>
>>61472026
OP shouldnt have asked a retarded question. Or should have been more specific.
>>
>>61470087
use a vpn and then no probs eh.
>>
>>61472753
relevant to my problem i've just encountered

I have a QNAP NAS with all my media files on it. Twonkymedia is broadcasting it's service per UPnP, which works perfectly fine within the network. I've set up OpenVPN and can connect to the QNAPs web interface, router config, etc.

However, when i try (connected to my VPN) to twonky it simply won't find it.
It worked for few seconds on my phone on cellular data, but didn't when i exited and tried on my ShieldTV (also in connected with the VPN)

is there something that i have to/can do to make this work, or is UPnP the part where it simply can't work for some reason?
>>
>>61472868
hmm i dunno my man, from how you talk it seems you know a bit already. I'm not familiar with the inner details of UPnP but I thought it is just a way of notifying all devices on a network that there is a service somewhere, so it's protocol is probably just sending something to the broadcast address (probably 192.168.1.255) and letting all your devices know that there is a service on some IP and port. If you find out what the real ip and port your twonk is running on then you can just connect directly to that. I suspect that there is some reason that UPnP just can't broadcast over your vpn, not sure why I've never had to set up something like that.
>>
>>61473018
tbqh i'm just dipping into the field.

it might be the case. However i though this should work as 192.168.1.1 connected to VPN redirects me me to my home's router config, where without VPN it opens the local one.
Definitely considering diving deeper with that in mind!
Thanks for giving me a direction, anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170720-163858.png (242KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170720-163858.png
242KB, 2560x1440px
>>61473124 here
pic related might help to identify misconfiguration to someone
>>
>>61473177
Can you try setting your VPN 192.168.1.* range? perhaps then upnp will be able to communicate with openvpn clients.
>>
>>61473237
Well OpenVPN won't let me connect and fails with a timeout. I can't check atm because i'm not home right now.
Good thinking tough.
>>
>>61470102
sure, wink wink ;)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.