[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have web-based tools corrupted every level of computer jobs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1392754014122.jpg (9KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1392754014122.jpg
9KB, 253x238px
Why have web-based tools corrupted every level of computer jobs?

>vital info that is needed regularly isn't visible unless you hover your mouse over this small .png
>the whole tool breaks if there's ever something of actual importance going on
>20+ second lag between clicking and receiving result
>browser-embedded java
>etc

It's just so revolting.
>>
>>61467041
Example?
>>
Because computing has been taken over by pointy-clicky dumb users that were raised on fucking Windows.
>>
>>61467041

people /g/ users keep answering questions like "I'm 29 and want to get into programming? Is it too late" with any answer other than "Yes you fucking tard"
>>
Because the web wasn't meant to be turned into desktop-like applications. It was meant to share documents of information.
>>
>>61467041
Something called "software as a service"

Basically OP the "higher ups," i.e. the people that control the money don't know shit about computers. They know they need a computer system but they have no idea who it should look and how it should work.

So they hire people to do it.

Enter the subhuman pajeets and liberal hipsters. These morons are being churned out by idiot factories using babby's first programming language "javascript." These morons are so inept that, rather than learning existing stable technologies they try to port everything to the web so they can use their shitty, colored text-editors for everything.

If you're an employer you fix it by:
>don't hire anyone from India, period.
>don't hire new grad from colleges
>don't hire anyone from California
>don't hire anyone who has a background in "web development" but nothing else

If you an employee
>prepare reports to show your employer demonstrating how SAAS is a meme that will lose their company money.
>demonstrate how well written native code always destroys web shit
>mock and humiliate any Indian developer so he hates coming to work and eventually quits and returns to punjab.
>make sure you demonstrate to your employer than saas is costing the company resources when the USER could be doing all the heavy computation, on their own computer, for free
>>
>>61467041
because licensing and convenience.
>>
File: 1418880165252.png (119KB, 413x451px) Image search: [Google]
1418880165252.png
119KB, 413x451px
>>61467165
I've watched this shit happen right before my eyes since my dad's been working from home about half of the time for the past 10 years and he's currently a senior engineer on UNIX. Today I watched him for about an hour straight and on at least 3 occasions for ONE problem with ONE device, he muttered "...actually, it would be faster if I just did it the old fashioned way..." and then he would go get it done in seconds while whichever web tool he had up for a particular step was shitting itself. One of the tool was basically worthless because the columns it would display everything on were too narrow and had no way of being widened. Another used those .png mouse hover abortions I mentioned earlier.

>>61467195
I'd say it's more of a hindrance than a convenience in almost every case, for the users. Convenient for whatever flannel-wearing tool got paid to make it, maybe.
>>
>browser-embedded java
Oh that's dead and gone. Only a few old sites still use it. These days, everyone uses JavaScript.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.