[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of Firefox Focus. I can't download anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

What is the point of Firefox Focus. I can't download anything and the catalog doesn't work on 4chan.
>>
>>61464928
You have to focus
>>
honeypot
>>
>>61464928
It helps u focus on what's important in life instead of browsing 4chan :)
>>
>>61465001
But I like browsing 4chan>>61465001
>>
>>61464928
It's concept is retarded
Only thing in it's favor is apparence. You should rather use Firefox Nightly
>>
>>61465370
Then don't use Focus
>>
>>61464928
It was initially a type of adblock when iOS 9(?) allowed the use of third party blockers in Safari. A later update added a [not so]-full-fledged browser feature.
>>
File: logo.png (13KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
13KB, 192x192px
>>61464928
>using 4chan in a mobile browser

That's not an optimal experience. There's something better.

https://floens.github.io/Clover/
>>
>>61466180
Not a fan of the new themes
>>
>>61466241
The old ones are still there.
>>
>>61466248
I know but i was hoping for better
>>
There's no point to using a browser at all on mobile. The goddamn things are so unusable that the entire fucking mobile industry is dedicated to reinventing fucking websites as standalone applications just to make them semi-usable.

Of course, mobile is absolute garbage to begin with, as it rapes your privacy. We have got to regress as a society back to a time when these fucking little government/big business-controlled botnet devices didn't dominate the fucking world.
>>
>>61464928

I guess the main idea is if you lose your mobile, then whomever has it won't know your history. It's also built-in privacy gives you added protection. Download from a mobile? Dear god, why?

>>61466826

I've had zero issues on both my galaxy tablet/phone browsing. Granted, websites that really lay on the shit-ton of privacy raping spyware have issues, but they're apps for those.

As far as privacy, just don't register it under your name when you buy it and use VPN. Yeah, I know I'm being recorded, but as long as they don't know who, who fucking cares? Just don't use apps that link together like Chrome/gmail and you'll be fine.
>>
>>61466241
Spoiler does'nt work properly on them
>>
>>61466180
I actually use Overchan since you can use other chans at the same time.
>>
>>61466180
Clover is battery draining trash. Dashchan is superior.
>>
>>61464928
It's fucking great. I don't need my browser to remember random pleb links I click on leddit all day long and sync it to "the cloud."

Fucking browse and close that's all I need
>>
>>61464928
placebo
>>
>>61464928
>Mozilla literally admits to selling your data to Google
>privacy browser

Were you morons dropped on your head as children? And if yes how many times?
>>
Just download Clover.
>>
What's that browser that /g/ spams ?
>>
>>61464962
Focus on me!
>>
>>61464928
it's just another sign of mozilla being lost

they are investing efforts to bring firefox closer to people instead of connecting with tech people and build for them

people don't download browsers and switch etc.. they mostly don't even know what they use

it's the tech people that install browsers
>>
I actually like it since you can click links in Clover and tell it to open it with Focus. I don't want to have every damn link some anon posted here in my browser history.

An alternative would be to have the option to open links automatically in incognito mode but the option simply isn't there.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.