[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

blockchain incentized wireless mesh for internet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: internet_1380639612.jpg (41KB, 326x223px) Image search: [Google]
internet_1380639612.jpg
41KB, 326x223px
The achilles heel of blockchain technology or just basic freedom of speech platforms is that is relies on the ISP benevolence to allow your traffic to flow through its pipes. But this like anything else could change.

Golem and Sia incentivise the "server" holders via the blockchain but what if we took this one step further, what if we incentivize a wireless mesh technology using the blockchain. Each server would be a node and those who can offer or take more traffic capacity would earn more And each node would be connected and linked to another node wirelessly so multiple areas can be covered geographically.
>>
Can I install an instance on my iPhone and access this blockchain with no biggie? Can an average normie be convinced to install this mesh net software on his/her/xir computer?
>>
>>61463184
While it is true that making sense here on 4chan is optional, I wish you'd tried.
>>
>>61463456
the people will iphones will have to be users, as node would take up too much space on their phones.
Guys with large amounts of space and ghz of processing power with be servers and incentivized to keep them running and will earn more through setting up multiple servers in multiple locations.
>>
This is literally the worst idea I have seen this month.
>>
All the laws are in place to allow this.

In blockchain all the participants know all the information at once.

The push for this technology is coming from the various global governments.

Big business is all over this because everyone knows governments pay sweet royalties.

This will ill be the biggest blight on privacy we've ever seen.
>>
>>61463614
How? Filecoin but instead, Netcoin, sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>61463710
the 3 things that can't scale now matter how many billions of dollars you throw at it
>blockchains
>wireless networks
>mesh networks
I wonder why huh...
>>
>>61463748
just as bitcoin lead to incentives by gpu and asic miner/manufacturers.."wireless net coin" could lead to solving such scalable incentives

My argument is there exists no incentive to really solve their problems

http://wifinetnews.com/archives/2004/07/do_mesh_networks_scale_three_views.html

the last sentence states the possible solution
"I am optimistic that solutions will be forthcoming. What we really need today are "altruistic venture capitalists"--folks who are interested in investing in the public good -- people who will sopport the development of CUWiN (or other open-source projects that are working on these solutions) so that we can build mesh wireless systems that not only work and scale, but exceed our current expectations of what we, today, believe is possible."
>>
>>61463833
ASICs don't make blockchains scale you dumb fucking shit.
>>
>>61463861
read my post a again i didnt say asics make blockchains scale. I said gpus and asics are being incentivized by blockchain (via mining)

If you are going to be a beta-bitch be one on your own time.
>>
>>61463926
buzzwords and yc tier software hype will not get people who lay down wires excited, anything software related will fail.
the only way to solve the internet centralization problem is to remove as much risk from being a new isp as possible. the time for software based solutions is done, it's time for the men to make the problem solved with hardware.
this can't be done with internet hippie magic dust bullshit which is why it's very not popular to talk about.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.