[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Tox succeed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tox.png (18KB, 1358x522px) Image search: [Google]
tox.png
18KB, 1358x522px
Did Tox succeed?
>>
>>61462556
it literally died because of autism
pedophiles love it tho because they dont know better
>>
>>61462556
It died, but riot is succeeding.
>>
>>61462556
Tox failed because of politics and drama. Schisms formed and the project became an internal power struggle. It was sadly doomed to fail.
>>
Honestly I still use the desktop client since it was low resource but I'll probably drop it for better programs now
>>
Lack of documentation, autism, and drama killed Tox.

Also,
>Tox Foundation
>Proplex says sketchy shit is going on with finances
>No one believes him, heragequits
>Fast forward a few months
>Stqism was stealing money from the Tox Foundation
>Bunch of fucking drama ensues
>irungentoo was too autistic to handle anything
>Drama engulfs the project from endless GitHub shitposting
>A "non hostile" fork of Tox is formed to address the glaring fucking errors
>Schism further confuses people

Tox still exists today, probably servicing a few thousand people but it never reached its potential and original goal, which is a shame.
>>
>>61462768
>>61466077
>>61466537
no it "died" because its cryptography is spaghetti and no one knows how it works
https://github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
>>
>>61467670
>Lack of documentation,

Did you not read my full post? irungentoo wrote nothing down and it became a shitfest to manage. It doesn't help that he's socially retarded and incapable of properly explaining himself, or responding to critique without calling out some stupid NSA conspiracy to take the project down.
>>
>>61462556

That's what cracks me up. Everyone bitches about Chrome's botnet and Firefox instability/speed (though I've rarely had this issue).

Yet when it comes down to fixing the problem, no one can get shit done.
>>
>>61462556
no
>>
>>61467840
>Yet when it comes down to fixing the problem, no one can get shit done.

We are talking about /g here, even /a has done more tech related projects than /g.
>>
>>61467840
Being autistic doesn't make you automtaically tech literate
That's /g/ for you
>>
>>61462556
The wife and I use it when she's away on business.
Some times I need to send her a file too large for an email, so for us it's better than mumble.
But it has some issues that make it uninteresting as a general use VOIP service.
>>
BitMessage is more secure.
Tox is crypto written by amateurs, for faggots.
>>
>>61467840
/v/ is more competent at programming than /g/. They've made games and game mods. What has /g/ made other than shit literally nobody uses?
>>
>>61462768
>pedophiles love it tho because they dont know better
German-speaking ones mostly, it seems. Check out the toxme.io directory if you don't believe me.
>>
>>61473462
>I am 49 and looking for a taboo-free woman (gladly also a single mom) for common family planning

Holy fuck kek Tox is truly for the mentally unstable.
>>
>>61473489
One nice thing about Tox is that it has sort of a community around it, you can just go into a directory (toxme.io seems to be the only one right now though) and find friends. It used to be a bit better though, when half of the entries weren't in German.
>>
Tox is truly for the pedophiles.

>liebe Mama von netten Mädels (6-12) / YGI
>Google Translate: Dear mama of cute girls (6-12) / YGI

>Pics / vids teens Send me and I will resend: D

>Alter Sadist sucht gleiche sado Sie oder Ihn - Paar mit gleichen Ambitionen und Möglichkeiten für 24/7 - auch bei maso. Hang zu außergewöhnlich und jung off Limits
>Google Translate: Age sadist looking like you sado or him - couple with the same ambitions and possibilities for 24/7 - even with masochistic. Penchant for exceptional and young off limits

>Submissive teenage boy with a preference for older men. USA.

>20YO single American male college student, majoring in Accounting. I'm a gamer, anime fan, and pretty much all-round nerd. I am also up for E/RPing if anyone interested. Also, I am into younger girls quite a bit... <_< But older women are good as well. =)

>love to chat about naughty young girls / YGI (german, english)

>send me pic/vid of young girls and i will resend
>>
>>61473568
If only they knew about Tox's glaring crypto errors. Such naivety.
>>
why worry about encryption when the cia can break through everything?
>>
>>61469942
It's because whenever something tries to start on /g/ People just throw shit at it rather than support it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.