[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>61431107 So I've installed this shit and couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: clown.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>>61431107

So I've installed this shit and couldn't bear it even for a day. I was open to new and not biased anyhow. But that's just a horrible, hopeless clusterfuck OS. Nothing works as expected. Everything is broken. I can't believe it is so popular. The only real use for it is gayming with occasional shitposting. That's it - browser and games, nothing more.

It crashed into BSOD my very first day with it using Vmware. I haven't seen anything like that in Linux for years.

Sometimes additional keyboard layouts appeared by itself and I had to sign out and sign in back for them to go away. I've deleted all the layouts I wasn't using right away after choosing the right one - there was a layout with a strange quotes behaviour.

Hidden taskbar sometimes won't slide back, usually when Chrome is running.

When you're uninstalling the program sometimes it won't disappear from the list you are uninstalling it from.

While copying and replacing a few system files file manager's "current operations" window finished and just stuck there empty and doing nothing. I've had to restart the file manager.

Sometimes you can't type into start menu. Nothing happens.

There are probably more things I can't remember and I've already deleted this shit-os.

The thing is - you can't know where and when it's going to fuck up. I felt like if I will be using it I'll develop some sort of victim psychology - "pervasive sense of helplessness, passivity, loss of control, pessimism, negative thinking, strong feelings of guilt, shame, self-blame and depression". That's the exact description from Wikipedia.

Few more examples and conclusion in the next post.
>>
Any attempts to bring automatic tiling into Windows with Plumb, bug.n and hashtwm were unsuccessful. You can't have a proper autotiling there, deal with it. Everything will work 10 times shittier. You can't even have a proper regular window management - you can't switch between applications, only windows and there is no software that will help you. You can switch between windows of the same application with Vistaswitcher. And if you want to replace your alt-tab with Vistaswitcher it will show up items that aren't really there and you have to constantly add exceptions.

Powershell has some really silly bugs like if you hit backspace too often it will freeze the input for a second and start beeping. And it can't be closed neither with Ctrl-D or Alt-F4 and it's just plain stupidity. You have to write a powershell script to close it.

Emacs is just slow for some unknown reason. There is a noticeable micro delay.

Not to mention Linux Subsystem for Linux turned out to be completely useless.

Things aren't perfect in the GNU/Linux land. There are few bugs here and there. You might get yourself too deep in customization while seeking for a perfect workflow. But any Linux troubles are nothing compared to the hopeless world of pain named Windows.

I've learned my lesson, /g/. I'll be less picky and try to use as more mere defaults as I can bare. Writing this from Suse Leap.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>61460839
I don't want to compile stuff and mess with flags. I was thinking about Nixos with it's purity and ability to return to any previous state, but assumed it's not popular enough and I'll waste too much time maintaining and configuring the system once again. That's probably the only distro I'd like to invest some time into. Someday. Now I just want something plain and simple, working out of the box. Never used an rpm distro and Yast is interesting software to try, reasonable amount of time between releases, so Suse Leap it is.
>>
>>61460725
Too bad it didn't work out for you, although I had a feeling that a different Linux setup would be a better choice for you while reading the first thread.

I've only noticed a few of those issues in the short time I've used Windows 10. My only use has been gaming though, everything else I do in Linux. I do have to say, that trying to use Windows 10 on a computer with a slow HDD and 2GB of RAM was a horrible experience.
>>
>>61461240
Who would have guessed using 15 year old hardware isn't efficient
>>
>>61461240
I have a gaming PC with HDD and Windows which I'm using mostly for occasional Overwatch gaming. Sometimes I watch movies there and do general browsing when I'm lazy to switch to my daily driver laptop with SSD.

Everything was was fine doing those simple tasks. I didn't expect that things will be that bad after switching to Windows as a main OS.
>>
>>61460708
>BSOD
>VMware
>Ronald McDonald
>2 long posts

It's not Windows you just have Autism.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.