[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Firefox alternative that has good ad blocke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: hear me reeeeeeeee.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
hear me reeeeeeeee.png
340KB, 600x583px
What is the best Firefox alternative that has good ad blocker extension?

I've used Firefox about 10 years now. I've endured all the changes and fuck ups they have made. I've endured all the SJW bullshit they have made. I've thought that it's always better than being part of the botnet.

Now Firefox 57 is just too much... I can't take it anymore. All extensions stop working, new retarded UI and animations (Photon) and more SJW bullshit. And on top of that they started the Google Ads data mining stuff...

But what finally broke my back was this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJG278nX6dM

You can see that their top priority isn't the best browser experience anymore. No, their top priority is making everyone represented (call it diversity or what ever you want...). The browser comes second now.

So what is the best Firefox alternative that has:
- ad blocker
- isn't Internet Explorer 2.0
- is fast and functional
>>
/hosts
best blocker
>Google Ads data mining stuff..
what?
>>
Qupzilla, Sleipnir, Brave, Vivaldi, Ungoogled Chromium, IceCat, SeaMonkey, Otter Browser, Waterfox, Palemoon, Midori and TOR Browser for full tinfoil mode. I named all of these browsers off the top of my head, I'm a bit of a browser fan, dunno why I like playing with new browsers in particular; wonder if anyone else has a browser fetish like me?
>>
>>61455284
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/6mt8i4/security_fuckup_aboutaddons_uses_google_analytics/
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6mw1ld/firefox_tracks_users_with_google_analytics_in_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/2w3bz7/firefox_how_firefoxs_safebrowsing_feature_sends/
>>
>>61455304

Just found out also about Iridium, according to alternativeto.net's description it is a 'libre modifaction of the chromium code base'... worth testing this out myself.
>>
>>61455284

> not reading any technology news
>>
>>61455304
GNOME Web
>>
QuteBrowser is developed by a fa/g/ if I recall correctly. If he has the right brand of autism, it could be a pretty good browser.
>>
>>61455304

What's the most actively developed of those browsers? Also which ones do have a ad blocker extension? What about any other extensions?
>>
>>61455397
This
I use QuteBrowser as my primary browser, it has a few issues but overall I enjoy using it
>>
Ungoogled Chromium uses all chrome-based addons. But not via chrome's store: https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/FAQ.md#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore

Vivaldi has most of the common addons and is actively developed but it can be sluggish depending on your computer.

Brave is actively developed and if I recall, has some addons but limited choice; by default Brave blocks ads with an option to use Brave-approved ads to support webpages (aka cuck mode).

Waterfox, Icecat and Palemoon are Firefox derivatives and you can install from the Firefox addon site.
>>
>>61455316
im pretty sure my hosts list takes care of that
>>
Qupzilla or midori, the rest are yellowjew browsers or firefox/chrome with disabled stuffs
>>
>>61455316
>Do not track should turn off Analytics

That's why I hate people. Do-not-track is... is... I'm not even sure how to describe it but it's useless. It's all up to the tracker to decide whenever it will be "respected" or not. Unless it comes with actual tracking preventing measures in the browser. ID faking, bogus cookies, scrambler etc.

In the end tracking itself is just like stalking. It's a crime but in the internet is somehow becomes okay, which is not okay. Not doing your very best to prevent it from happening to you or other people is already despicable.

Firefox is over. So are all the other Browsers. The web is dead. It's time, to leave.
>>
>>61455628
>It's time, to leave.

to where?
>>
File: 1451723691218.jpg (96KB, 499x324px) Image search: [Google]
1451723691218.jpg
96KB, 499x324px
>>61455628
>>
>>61455397
Said fa/g/ here - to be fair, I didn't browse 4chan (or didn't know about things other than /b/) before I noticed people talking about qutebrowser in /g/. Now I do when I feel like procrastinating stuff :P

qutebrowser is pretty focused on vim-like keyboard navigation and doesn't have the best adblocker currently (it's only a host blacklist) FWIW, but if you want something with keyboard navigation, it's probably the most actively developed one.
>>
>>61455669
gopher? There isn't really a plan B. In addition to hardware level backdoor, we might as well just turn the computers off.... forever.
>>
>>61455718

Thank you based anon<333 Free us from the SJWs and botnet.
>>
>>61455251
Palemoon with this for ultimate nostalgic comfy:
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/moonscape/
>>
>>61455575
So it's okay for a company, that claims to care about your privacy, to track its users because you can use third-party methods of avoiding it?
>>
>>61456386
didnt say anything about that but you wont get much from me because i never looked into their claims and i never trusted them and actually kinda hate them
it just so happens there is no real alternative and i like the browser

plus those third party methods apply to everything not just firefox
>>
Brave.

Free and open source. Founded by the Firefox founder Brendan Eich. Also he hates SJWs as much as we do so the SJW crap isn't coming to Brave anytime soon.
>>
>>61455718
stop using smileys or fuck off.
>>
Fuck me I've been away a bit...
Do we really have to make all software our self these days?
SJW shit and datamining, FUCK

All these addons too, I get why you are at it making new browser again..
>>
> lion
Why would you adblock in a browser when you can browse in a adblocker?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-185626.png (905KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-185626.png
905KB, 2560x1440px
>he doesn't like diversity
I hope this guy takes your job.
>>
>>61456837
>implying i have a job
checkmate fegit
>>
Jut Kode your own.

cd
cd ..
cd ..
cd
>>
>>61456613
:^)
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (119KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
119KB, 800x764px
>>61456837

You know this guy was the one that broke my back. First I was like "Oh look another diversity video..." but then when this guy showed up suddenly I realized that what Mozilla has become.

When you watch that video you see that they tried to represent everyone and by that I mean EVERYONE.

There is:
- white person
- black person
- asian person
- indian person
- trans person
- gay person
- and finally even nu-male person with pink hair

At this point you see that Mozilla is more worried that every group gets represented in some way in the video. When you watch it couple times you start to see how the video is constructed around equal representation and not around Firefox browser and new features coming with it.

LASTLY:

Now their SJW rhetoric comes before functional software (at least for them). They have lost their ability to separate the product (browser) and their personal feelings. And that will eventually lead to browser slowly becoming corrupt.

RIP Mozilla Firefox
>>
>>61455251
>Comments are disabled for this video.
>>
>>61455807
>gopher?
Make gopher great again.
>>
>>61456837
"""""guy"""""
>>
>>61455251
I've been using hosts file instead of an ad blocker for two years. No need in bloated JavaScript extension.
And I use Vivaldi as browser
>>
>>61455304
I like browsers as well. I wish there was one that wasn't garbage. HTML5/CSS3's fault, not the developers' but still. I'll never forget what it was like switching to Firefox 3 from Internet Explorer.
>>
>>61455251
waterfox
>>
>>61456837
>he values forced diversity

Thanks for being a drain on society
>>
>>61455397
>>61455535
>>61455718
Qutebrowser has a ton of dependencies and is impossible to get working in a framebuffer
>>
Does Waterfox or Icecat have anything over Pale Moon?
>>
>>61455251
Nightly?
>>
Easiest way to import passwords from FF into Pale Moon?
>>
>>61455251
I stopped using Firecucks back when they first started their SJW bullshit. Never been happier.
>>
File: 1476988071689.jpg (250KB, 982x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476988071689.jpg
250KB, 982x1200px
Can some plz enlight me on cyberfox?
>>
>firefox
Decent design, and ever since e10s it's become much faster and responsive. Unfortunately it uses Google analytics and is a botnet.

>chrome
Botnet

>brave
Chromium based (still botnet)

>Yandex
Russian botnet

>Opera
Botnet

>waterfox
no build based on ff nightly or even beta
Also about:addons Google analytics?

Are there even any good browsers to switch to from firefox nightly?
I've been trying out qutebrowser and it's not bad, but the lack of extensions really bothers me.
>>
>>61455251
>>61457623

I feel your feel man. Switched from Firefox to Brave browser 3 weeks ago. Never looked back. Native ad blocking, script blocking and HTTPS everywhere. Feels good man.
>>
>hardcore users disable all telemetry
>telemetry team researches data gathered
>full of normie shit
>change the browser to make normies happy
>hardcore users cry

Imagine if telemetry was opt-in. Normies don't change settings; only people that cared in some way would give data. Wouldn't that data be multitudes more valuable?
>>
>>61461991
Icecat is better is you need more plugins support
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>61464037
I feel you anon. Try ungoogled chromium.

https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
>>
>>61456613
:-(
>>
File: IMG_0808.jpg (8KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0808.jpg
8KB, 300x57px
>>61455251
Pale Moon
Waterfox
>>
This is sad, I have used that shit from version 3. I guess is time to move
>>
>>61465304
So how do I use this?
>>
>>61461986
qutebrowser works in a framebuffer when you use the QtWebKit backend and set QT_QPA_PLATFORM=linuxfb.
>>
opera
>>
>>61455251
Opera
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.