[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the market for a new TV and money isn't a concern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1299.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1299.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
I'm in the market for a new TV and money isn't a concern but I don't know which technology to put my money on: LED, OLED, or full array

Which of these do you guys think is the most future proof and which model would you consider the best example of these technologies?
>>
>>61452161
OLED is best bang for the buck right now.
>>
Full array is the best of both worlds, you get the deep blacks of oleds and the peak brightness of leds.

Sony have the best ones on the market but the only downside is that their android interface is garbage.
>>
>>61452367

This
I got the X900e (pic related) for under 1,500 bucks and it's fucking amazing
>>
Best OLED: LG E7

Pros: brightest OLED on the market, has some nice forward firing speakers with Dolby Atmos in case you don't want a dedicated sound setup, has all the HDR formats currently available, best TV OS

Cons: is still noticeably dimmer than even your average LED TV, it will rape your power bill, it will cost you an arm and a leg, LG are notorious for abandoning support of older models to focus on the newer ones so by this time next year you might not even get any more updates

Best Full Array: Sony X940E

Pros: can get as dark as an OLED and as bright as QLED, has the best TV processor on the market, the colors are spectacular, HDR content looks better on it than on any other tv, supports HDR 10 and will be getting an update for Dolby Vision some time this year

Cons: crappy OS, only comes in 75" so you better have a lot of space, horrible controller, will also cost you an arm and a leg, wifi connection drops often so you will have to connect it directly through ethernet for a stable connection

Best LED: Samsung Q9

Pros: the brightest tv on the market right now, HDR content looks mind blowing, covers 100% of the color spectrum, has the second best OS on the market, controller is very comfortable and we'll designed, all the inputs come in a separate small black box that connects to the tv via an extremely thin and almost invisible fiber optic cable

Cons: blacks still look gray-ish, the only way to enjoy the picture quality is by sitting directly in the middle because at any other angle the colors rapidly deteriorate and look washed out, only supports HDR 10, costs way too much for an edge lit tv, does not have great motion handling compared to the other two, Samsung admit they use the built in microphone on the controller to listen into conversations

So there you have it OP, the best models in each category if money isn't an issue, now you decide
>>
>>61452769
(Not OP) Is the Samsung KS7000 55" worth the money?
>>
>>61454397

It's okay but for a little bit more you should just get the KS8000
>>
If anyone could help me out im looking for a decent 50"-60" tv, but all the shit that looks decent are smart tv's which i'd prefer not to get.
>>
>>61456130

Unfortunately you won't find any tvs released in the last 5 years that don't have smart features. Your only option is to not connect it to the internet
>>
>>61452161
>money isn't a concern
OLED
>>
>>61456130
Just don't use it then. There are no good TVs without that functionality but it's easy enough to not connect it to your network and ignore the software.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.