[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me reinstall windows 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

my keyboard and mouse work in bios, but not on the first screen when installing windows... they are in usb 2.0 ports and im installing win 7 ult through a usb drive. using a gigabyte ab350-gaming board and r5 1600 cpu
>>
>>61447316
Fucking kek, I hope you have a second computer or else you're fucked.
>>
>>61447446
fuck you bitch im just gonna stick with botnet 10
>>
>>61447316
Use ps/2. Windows seven install disc doesn't have usb drivers or if it does it might only be on certain ones. You can look around on the bios and make sure they are enabled there.

I have an old ps2 mouse and keyboard just for reinstalling win7 on the machines of various windows victims. I don't hate windows users. I just hate windows but I try to help people out with it though.
>>
>>61447316
Try using other ports.
>>
>>61447316
Make sure you have Keyboard emulation/compatibility turned on in BIOS and if you have a fancy gaming keyboard, make sure its at its compatibility setting if present.
>>
>>61447316
Ehci handoff you fucking noob
>>
>>61448564
>>61448484
Thanks for the tips, I'll try it tomorrow
>>
>>61447316
Find the always on USB port (read manual or usually is just yellow), and then plug your keyboard cuz you can usually just use the arrow keys to navigate.
>>
install gentoo via netboot
>>
>>61447598
good goy
>>
>>61447316
Get a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, they should work.
>>
had the same issue,you can get a windows 7 iso and install usb3.0 drivers on the image itself so the install recognizes your mouse/kb

ASUS ez installer is one tool that can do this and it should work for your mobo as well
>>
>>61447316
Slipstream the fucking USB Ryzen Drivers into the fucking ISO you pleb

Search online and you'll find one already done for you, pleb.
>>
install gentoo
>>
Get a basic mouse and kb. Expensive kb+m all have software(drivers) downloads for all the fancy stuff you can change. Had this when flashed my bios. Assume it's the same issue.
>>
>>61447316
I think the USB2.0 ports on that board might run through the USB3.0 controller, so Windows 7 can't see them, as they are effectively handled by the USB3.0 driver.

The CH6 gets around this by using an asmedia controller on the PCIe bus to add USB2.0 ports.
>>
>>61447316
I've had a very similar problem.

Fixed it by disabling one of my two USB controllers.
Weirdest thing: my mouse and keyboard weren't even on the controller I disabled, but for some reason just having the controller on fucked up devices on the other controller?

After installing Windows 7 I re-enabled the controller and all ports work fine now.
>>
>>61447316
Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting your keyboard and mouse while in windows?
>>
Stop using an ancient OS faggot, use 8.1 if you don't want to use 10. Windows 7 users are quickly becoming the new XP users.
>>
>>61447316
You know the MoBo make and the CPU make but you can't tell us if you have a GPU or not? Cunt, the R5 doesn't have integrated graphics.
>>
>>61452640
?
>>
>>61452661
Is there a GPU in your computer?
Your CPU doesn't have one integrated.
If it displays the windows install prompt and everything properly then I guess this isn't an issue.
>>
>>61452797
The BIOS won't even show an output on the display ports unless there is an APU installed.
>>
File: OSmarketshare-june2017.png (15KB, 272x177px) Image search: [Google]
OSmarketshare-june2017.png
15KB, 272x177px
>>61452631
ehmmm sweetheart..
>>
>>61452868
Yes, and XP had a 50% market share in 2010, not relevant to the point I was making in the slightest. 7 is an outdated operating system that makes extra work for software developers and hardware manufacturers for no reason.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.