[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do in this situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

How do you deal with someone who is brought in or steps into a project you have been working on and they end up messing up a whole project and setting everything back a month?

Lets say this person is in "senior leadership" and they were brought in as to advise but later it turns out they had no idea what they were doing and they ended up causing many, many headaches for you and your project.
>>
>>61447060
accuse him of sexual assault
get him fired
git revert back 1 month
it helps if ur a gril btw :3
>>
I listened and received "advice" to take my project in a direction by senior management and they didn't even understand what they were doing.

1. It is my fault for listening to management?
>>
>>61447261
or a convincing trap
>>
File: 1500427539678.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1500427539678.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>61447998
>trap
>>
File: 1496630628556.jpg (19KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1496630628556.jpg
19KB, 480x362px
>>61447060
You realize that it's not your project, that you've become too invested in the work you're doing for someone else and are treating their changes (the company's preferred changes) as an assault on something that wasn't yours to begin with. Their presence is a vote of non-confidence in you, and the fact that they aren't able to contribute effectively is evidence that you haven't been communicating enough information to both them and your usual management.
>>
>>61448094
>(the company's preferred changes

Do you know me?

Also, it turned out the company prefeered changes is what we already agreed not to do, than a senior manager steps in and mentions why not keep it the "preferred config"

IT DOESN'T work that way
>>
>>61448094
They took the project in a whole different direction for a few weeks

They didn't listen to me and went with the "senior manager" guidance

I agreed with them and went along with it

Weeks go by and it turns out what they "provided" doesn't actually work and I wasn't aware it was an issue. The suggestions I brought up do work

How am I wrong again? I have been more than helpful with EVERY dept who can be brought in on this
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.