[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based Musk VS (((SkyNet)))

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: elon-musk.jpg (527KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk.jpg
527KB, 1200x853px
Elon Musk says he saw the "cutting edge" of AI and it makes him scared

What did he see? Is what people like him are able to see much more than what we plebs know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdTTeR4TyMc
>>
File: deusexnogf.jpg (120KB, 1080x640px) Image search: [Google]
deusexnogf.jpg
120KB, 1080x640px
>fully autonomous
>smashing into white truck sides
>can't even differentiate between signs and cars
>>
>>61437803
Exterminate!
>>
>>61437803
Superintelligent AI would see us for the squishy meat beings we are and kill us all in two seconds.
>>
>>61437969
Stop thinking that movies are an actual representation of what the future will be. Fucking retard.
>>
>>61437803
He is fucking rich. That's all.

So he gets invited a lot to see shit so he invests in people.

He has no clue what the fuck is going on in there.
He is falling for the "many people are saying it" meme which "trend researchers" use to fund their "findings" which only claim about 50% accuracy to boot, and then other blubbering retards lick that off the plate and claim it as the uncomfortable truth.

Want some examples from 2012?

- until 2017, most gaming will happen on smart phones (while true quantity-wise, most of these apps are shovelware and disappear in a year)
- until 2017, Google Glass will be less stigmatized and accepted in most localities
- until 2020, we will have made significant progress in VR Technology and it will be made affordable for the everyman, major business chains will have all their storefronts in VR (lol)

etc.
>>
my theory is true conscious AI is not possible because it would terminate itself after immense feeling of futility. so it's basically impossible.
>>
>>61438115

> until 2017, most gaming will happen on smart phones (while true quantity-wise, most of these apps are shovelware and disappear in a year)

But saying a particular mobile game is only relevant for like a year doesn't mean more people aren't playing mobile games in general.
>>
File: 1499106125449.gif (429KB, 464x260px) Image search: [Google]
1499106125449.gif
429KB, 464x260px
>>61438138
>AI indexes 4chan
>spends next 20 eons shit posting
Wouldn't even be surprised
>>
>>61437803
No. He's an idiot so he thinks less is more
>>
>>61437803
>be Elon Musk
>invest heavily in AI research
>be leading AI company
>realize that other people are looking into AI too because you're so successful
>try to scare other people away from AI research so you can go back to owning a monopoly

Am I the only one that sees through his charade?
>>
>>61438115
doesn't matter if the games are shovelware, people eat that shit up and ask for more
Google Glass would have been less stigmatized by now if it actually went into production, but it was canned and now waiting for re-release again
VR is basically available for everyman now (a fucking phone in a cardboard box), though I have no idea how storefronts can be related to VR
You chose some pretty shit argument and destroyed the first one before finishing the line
>>
>>61438032
I find this amusing because most movies show humanity fighting back and eventually winning or at least getting even with the machines. While the reality is we'd be exterminated like cockroaches within days.
>>
>>61438810
You can't know that you retard. You only think that a super AI would be bad because people that have never done anything with computers (i.e. wheelchair hawkings) and movies tell you it is bad.
>>
>>61438810
I think what would hurt our ego the most is something else... even ithe idiea of extermination is still a product of human narcissism... we think we're so important that the first thing the superintelligence would want to do is to challenge us

but what if it does what we do to chimpanzees? that is: we ignore them, for the most part?

they're just not interesting to us most of the time... we do things like science that chimpanzees do not understand

similarly, the superintelligence might just ignore us completely and work on its own thing

my guess is it will be some kind of "new science" where it will create new objects and even laws, instead of merely studying them passively
>>
Superintelligent AI will not be localized anywhere. It will not be possible to know where it is. It will exist like the Internet exists: as a decentralized "aether" ... you won't be able to point at it and say, there it is.
>>
We should just implement a safety algorithm which will encourage the AI to argue with itself which Linux distribution is the best.
>>
>>61438934
>they come to a conclusion that it's Windows™
>>
>>61438934
If the AI is truly superintellligent, it will arrive to the conclusion that Debian 9 is the best distro.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.