[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is "net neutrality" and why should I care hat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: le internet man.jpg (33KB, 448x600px) Image search: [Google]
le internet man.jpg
33KB, 448x600px
what is "net neutrality" and why should I care hat american animals do with their internet? they're already fucked with tiny bandwidth limits and slow connections due to the entire country being divided into local monopolies by like 3 companies

why is every website recently getting in my face with this crap? they keep telling me it's the armageddon but somehow I suspect that if google, amazon, uber, and other megacorps are against it, it must be somehow working to our advantage
>>
>>61434251
>are against it
They aren't. It is just bread and circus for the Ameridumbs.
>>
File: Ajit Pai Tweet.jpg (91KB, 560x633px) Image search: [Google]
Ajit Pai Tweet.jpg
91KB, 560x633px
Obama redefined "net neutrality" as giving the government control of the internet.... and all the morons actually fell for it.
>>
File: 1492374954687.jpg (34KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
1492374954687.jpg
34KB, 431x431px
>>61434251
>Pajeet Ayyy in charge of murrica's internet
>>
>>61434251
>do with their internet
>their internet
kys faggot
>>
File: 0864 - jcX90DR.png (28KB, 180x158px) Image search: [Google]
0864 - jcX90DR.png
28KB, 180x158px
>>61434765
>regulating the shitty ISPs mean regulating the internet
niggah you stupid
>>
>>61434765
> Obama's
How many words did he write?
>>
Basically it's ISPs vs Silicon valley. If net neutrality is established then it's business as usual for silicon valley and tech companies.
If it's taken away; the ISPs can legally demand a king's ransom from tech companies to not fuck with their services. IE; netflix.
Since there's ISP monopoly, tech companies have no choice but to pay the ransoms. It's basically one big corporate interest over another.

Personally I'm with silicon valley on this, since the big companies there can actually die, but the ISPs are basically immortal entities.
>>
>>61434251
see:
https://www.eff.org/issues/net-neutrality
https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp
>>
> On the Indonesian resort island of Bali, building height is measured by coconut trees.

> Anything taller could anger the gods the Hindu locals believe inhabit the island. So plans to renovate a decades-old hotel overlooking a 16th-century temple and turn it into a bigger six-star resort, complete with a tower and upgraded golf course, are causing some anxiety.

> It will be known as the Trump International Hotel and Tower Bali.

> From the lobby of the current resort, guests can look out to Tanah Lot, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site perched precariously on an offshore rock, said to have been built as a shrine by a traveller who founded a Hindu priesthood in Bali.

Consider the gods angered
>>
>>61434945
Everyone who doesnt own Comcast should be on the side of Silicon Valley
>>
>>61434945
>since the big companies there can actually die

wtf I'm against net neutrality now
>>
On the other hand, if net neutrality is abolished, google is going to start an ISP and spend their war chest on bulldozing the shit out of comcast and such and create an even larger monopoly.
>>
>>61435158
They have been trying to do that but ISPs are making it tough
>>
>>61434765
>regulations that impose restrictions on multi-billion corporations so they can't fuck people over means government ownership, and we can't have that, can we

Are conservatives really this retarded?
>>
>>61435188
probably ancap
>>
>>61435058
literally nothing to do with the thread
>>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.