[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CompTia Security Cert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: comptiaa.png (52KB, 1414x1242px) Image search: [Google]
comptiaa.png
52KB, 1414x1242px
Is it worth getting the security + Cert from pic related?

Currently working in IT for broadcast station in Germany but looking into switching to Cyber Sec and to get some more money in the 80-100k a year range.
>>
>>61427838
CompTIA certs are almost always worth getting if you have time to study
>>
>>61427955
Can you tell me what exactly makes them so valuable?
>>
Lets say Person A Vs B

Person A knows he has the skills
Person B can prove it

Person A gets lucky and goes to the interview and can talk about it
Person B goes to the interview and can talk about
>>
>>61427838
Considering a lot of IT Jobs are having it as a requirement, then yes.

I've just qualified CCNA and moving onto CompTIA+ before I start applying
>>
>>61428002
College degrees are very big picture things. Sure you may have classes to teach you how an operating system works or a class to teach you to program. But it's another animal to be practical and efficient with the tools available. CompTIA teaches you how to be practical in information technology.
>>
>>61428002

>Can you tell me what exactly makes them so valuable?

Because employers ask for them.

Certs (good ones anyway) have objectives that are practical for IT positions. If you pass, it proves that you are competent in that knowledge.

I got my Sec+ and had a job in less than a month. A year and a half-ish later, I'm making $65,000 just as desktop support for government (I would like to add, I have my Net+ as well but no one really cares unless you have your Sec+)
>>
>>61427838
Im going to school right now for Bachelors in Comp Sci, then ill be attending SMU for my Masters, after that Ill churn out my CompTIA

A year ago I was happy to obtain free classes for my CompTIA then a bunch of shit happened and now Im on my way to get my masters by the time im 28

did I do good?
>>
>>61428518

Going for CompTIA AFTER getting a Masters( even a Bachelors)?

>Finish college
>debt
>no real world XP because college

wew lad, thank God I got out of the college sinkhole.
>>
>>61427838
money is not technology

>>>/biz/
>>
I got certs before college and if you stack them well, you will always be employed/headhunted
>>
>>61428309

This is not true. I have sat in on net+ and sec+ classes and they teach you nothing but definitions. They do not teach you how to do anything. The college classes I've had have taught me way more. Personally, if I was hiring people I wouldn't hire someone that only had net+ and sec+ after seeing how little they could possibly know
>>
Current Army network systems operator getting a bachelor's in cyber security. Getting experience in the army with government systems while earning my degree for free. Will still have gi bill when I get out for masters degree...feels good.
>>
>>61429757
It was probably the place that taught the course, nigger
>>
>>61429826

Yeah that makes it okay to be able to pass the actual test only knowing definitions. Makes total sense. Dumb fuck
>>
>>61428570
Luckily, I only have to pay to get my masters and doing so actually gives me 2 years experience on top of personal portfolio and what I create during those 2 years in the Masters Program
>>
I'm taking my Security+ this Wednesday.

I had to study my ass off.

ProTips: Darrill Gibson book and Professor Messor. Find some VCE's to do practice questions too.
>>
How does it feel to betray your own people faggot
>>
Clueless college sophomore here majoring in CIS. Still taking my general education classes. If I want to work in cyber security, what certs should I get?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.