[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install Linux >get a complete desktop with a web browser,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (71KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 505x505px
>install Linux
>get a complete desktop with a web browser, image editor, and an office suite
>all in less than one hour, everything works out of the box
>mfw dumbass Wangblows babbies and mactoddlers will never experience this satisfaction
>>
>Buy Macbook
>get a complete desktop with a web browser, image editor, and an office suite
>all in less than one minute, everything works out of the box
>mfw dumbass Wangblows babbies and nixtards will never experience this satisfaction.
>>
>>61427257
>mac
>calls others nixtards
>>
>>61427257
>Mac
>image editor
The fuck ?
>>
>>61427274
>spends hours tweaking config files just to have a DE that isn't visual aids.
>Feels superior to anyone
>>
>Install Windows
>Don't have to deal with shitty GNU programs
>>
>>61427234
>>mfw dumbass Wangblows babbies and mactoddlers will never experience this satisfaction
There are unofficial releases of Windows that have all of this.

And why is it an issue? I don't want any of that stuff installed by default. I'll do it myself.
>>
>>61427274
Apple users don't know anything about computers, don't make fun of them. They are doing their best
>>
>>61427319
>install windows
>wait 2 hours for all the updates
>install graphics drivers
>reboot
>nvidia share has stopped responding
This is why I switched to GNU
>>
>>61427279
Preview can do basic shit like cropping.
>>
>>61427319
Windows is FULL of shitty programs.
>>
>>61428103
You just keep thinking that from the comfort of mommy's basement...
>>
>>61428221
Nigga, that's your fault for not going all amd
>>
>Install Linux
>Get a fuckton of software I may never need
>Maybe I'll uninstall Firefox
>Anon do you want to remove Firefox?
>Ok we'll remove your desktop too
>>
File: 1479048371488.jpg (1MB, 2288x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1479048371488.jpg
1MB, 2288x1520px
>>61427234
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>61427295
no but mac is LITERALLY a nix
>>
>>61427234
>download Linux
>can't boot it
>no dekstop
>no webbrowser
>no image editor
>no office suite
>tfw Linux is just a kernel
>>
>>61427234

>frogposter
>calling anyone else a dumbass

Stupid frogposter
>>
>>61429464
nix-like, but not nix.
>>
>>61427234
>install linux
>the login screen automatically tries the highest possible resolution my monitor has, even if my gpu can't handle it
>black screen
>waste an hour looking for solution
>no solution
>go into safe mode, make a script that automatically chooses my wanted resolution, reboot
>still black screen, script only works AFTER you login
>type my password blindly
>finally see my shitty, aspie-designed, buggy desktop
>watch a youtube vid
>screen tearing

literally why bother with this dumpster fire? i tried all ubuntu variants, and fedora. i won't bother trying the other NEET distros. i can easily emulate linux on my windows 10 anyway.

>>61427257
>buy macbook
>shit keyboard
also their flagship desktop
>shitty xeon cpu
>shitty radeon
no thanks. if i ever need to upgrade my pc i will probably go with a threadripper and one of the nvidia gpus, and of course, a windows 10
>>
>>61430159
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification#macOS
>>
>>61430167
>shit keyboard
I'll give you that one, but most new laptops aren't any better with the chiclet meme being widespread.

>also their flagship desktop
Only a fool buys an apple desktop. Hackintosh or Linux, no apple desktop hardware is worth it.
>>
>>61427257
>pays >$1000
>>
File: 1432337841548.jpg (21KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
1432337841548.jpg
21KB, 424x283px
>>61429464
That's BSD to you pajeet
>>
Ubuntu LTS just werks for me, I wish I could've said the same about Windows 10.
>>
>>61430318
http://www.tanf.us
>>
I really don't understand what people have against the linux distros. Do you run into issues every now and then? Ya, but it's not like they happen all that often unless your a terrible user, and when they do and you solve them, guess what? You learn something. Not to mention you aren't paying for it the same way you would be with windows.

I figure the people who bash it are only doing so to justify their own bad choices in life. Just because they wasted a bunch of money on Windows xx they feel the need to act like anything not popular is obviously not as good. That or they are just AAA gamers that love consuming.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.