[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ameriburgers will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

>>
>>61426348
If the facial detection is used to discover criminals that are already in a database over wanted people, I see no inherent difference in this and automated car plate recognition systems that already exist in police cars.

I'm not American btw.
>>
File: 1500232865707.jpg (97KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500232865707.jpg
97KB, 960x768px
>>61426387
>get pulled over for driving 5 miles over the speed limit
>your face is now in the database

You're right, there's nothing wrong with this, good post.
>>
>>61426387
>Machine makes mistake and thinks you're a wanted criminal
>Get ass beaten by cops and arrested
>People will still think this is a free nation.
>>
>>61426409
You get fined for driving 5 miles over the speed limit, you don't get arrested.

If you rape someone, your DNA is in a database. I guess you have a problem with that as well, don't you?

>>61426441
Machines are inherently more accurate than humans. Cops beat the shit out of people already because they mistake them for someone else. This is not something new.
>>
>>61426475
>You get fined for driving 5 miles over the speed limit, you don't get arrested.
I didn't say you get arrested you dumb incoherent fuck. How does that change anything? You still get put into the database?
>>
>>61426387
Your face will be added to a criminal database afterwards, even if you haven't commited a crime.
It's in the event that you might commit a crime in the future.
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/cops-database-117m-faces-youre-probably/
>>
>>61426490
Are you literally retarded or just pretending to be? Do you know what mugshots are?

>>61426518
So? I also had to give a DNA sample to the police because I was a witness in a case, and they kept it on file. Only reduces the risk of false identification.
>>
If you object to automated facial recognition, you probably don't travel outside your country's borders very much. Modern passport controls run facial detection and check towards an international criminal database these days. I haven't seen anyone on /g/ sperging out over this.
>>
>>61426577
because the state would never ever use the picture from your is, drivers license or a passport to feed police database..
sure
>>
>>61426661
If they would, they already do. See >>61426644

Everytime you pass through passport control in a modern airport, your face and name is matched with an interpol database and any number of national crime registers.
>>
>>61426661
>drivers license and passport photo
I don't think you know how facial recognition algorithms work. You also need to take pictures in various profiles. Mugshots only include frontal and profile. Future mugshots will include more angles.
>>
Once again, niggers fuck everyone over
>>
>>61426758
>niggers
The fun thing is that facial recognition software is probably just going to identify all black people as the same criminal dude.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/04/the-underlying-bias-of-facial-recognition-systems/476991/

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601786/are-face-recognition-systems-accurate-depends-on-your-race/

Even software is going to do racial profiling. Love to see how SJW's are going to protest that one.
>>
>>61426348
>coming

lul that's what the public thinks
>>
>>61426348
The UK already have this

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2017/06/uk-police-arrest-man-picked-crowd-real-time-automatic-facial-recognition-system/
>>
>>61426441
>Human makes mistake and thinks you're a wanted criminal
>Get ass beaten by cops and arrested
>People will still think this is a free nation.
???
>>
>>61427576
It's okay as long as it only happens to niggers.
>>
>>61426348
You handphone shills have thumbprint scanners that can send data to NSA botnet now. So what? Is /g/ finally gonna stop shilling every single phone and go back to 2G Nokias?
>>
>>61426348
So cops are investing in this bullshit yet they still lack the ability to verify whether or not I actually have car insurance.
what a bunch of fuckwits
>>
>One non-burger defending it
Good thread anon
>>
>>61427606
>He thinks the feds won't use this to silence all those who dissent.
Remember Ian? That was an assassination, not a suicide.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.