[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does /g/ think about yondr? Is this DRM for live eve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: yondr.jpg (43KB, 1200x751px) Image search: [Google]
yondr.jpg
43KB, 1200x751px
So what does /g/ think about yondr? Is this DRM for live events or the way of the future?
>overyondr.com
>>
Great idea because it will help idiots who can't keep their phones in their pockets. I've seen a lot of people pull out a phone in the mosh pit (for some dumb fucking reason) and then lose it.
>>
>>61423651
Seems pretty cool for people who don't like phones at concerts. Not sure how many people you're going to get on board with this, though.
I've seen places like weddings go smoothly by taking around 20-50 people's phones, but concerts of hundreds of people?
There's also the concern of not being able to call 911 if Muhammed pulls a Manchester. Sure, you can cut it open, but not having to go through that bullshit is ideal.
>>
>>61423651
Only churches would buy it. You have a big market down here in Mexico.
>>
>do you have a phone sir?
>no
>proceed to use phone normally
Wew lad, that was hard
>>
Can't wait to see the first disaster where people needed their phones and couldn't get to them because of these
>>
But then how are we going to get videos of drunken idiots brawling at kenny chesney concerts?
>>
>yondr creates phone-free space

So GSM/CDMA blocker?
>>
>>61423773
Most events search your pockets. You would know this if you went outside.
>>
>made of cloth
>is bound to piss people off

i wonder what's gonna happen to them
>>
>>61423834
THEY'RE TRASHING OUR RIGHTS MAN!
>>
>>61423834
I've never been searched more than a quick handheld metal detector.
>>
>>61423826
No, its a physical locked pouch that locks/unlocks wirelessly.
>>
>>61423834
>put phone in boot
Wew lad, that was hard
>>
>>61423651
Sounds like something that will be used either as extra DRM by MPAA and riaa or something that will be used to treat adults like children. For fucks sakes if I pay to go to an event and I don't want to pay attention the whole time that's my problem not the event holders.
>>
File: phones-at-concert.jpg (155KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
phones-at-concert.jpg
155KB, 600x397px
>>61423889
Fuck the event holders, I just want to see the stage for the opening song.
>>
>>61423877
>They make you walk through a metal detector

Check mate /g/theist
>>
so what prevents me from ripping this gay tea-cozy off, and liberating my phone?
>>
>>61423971
If the event staff see you with the phone in a phone-free area then you get kicked out. Simple.
>>
>>61423963
So get there early and go to the front
>>
>>61423969
>must be the pins in my ankle from an accident ;^)
>>
>>61423845
HACK THE PLAANEEEET
>>
>>61424005
They don't own me. They can't throw me out if I throw myself out.

Rebel against the nation!
>>
>>61424022
I throw coins at the back of the head of people like you.
>>
Thanks, I get to the front of the stage and free money.
>>
>>61423969
>through a metal detector

dude in what kind of suicide bombing country u from?
>>
>>61423834
Dunno what 3rd world country you live in.
>>
>>61423651
I once went to see sleep and the dude in front of my was on a level about a half foot lower than me, so the whole time he was taking his forty five minute video of them playing I couldn't see, so I started spitting in his hair throughout just to stop myself from slapping his stupid fucking iphone out of his hand. I think this type of product could really help idiots like him stay out of trouble.
>>
>>61426708
California. Go to any music festival and they will check your pockets for weapons, gum, drugs and all other sorts of bullshit.
>>
>>61423651
Good idea to lessen the impact an idiot can have on a live event, but it'll forever be hampered by young white kids' (because let's face it, no group is more entitled) need to rebel against "The Man".
>>
>>61426963
As if a phone could capture half of Sleep's low range and intentional feedback
>>
>>61423651
Sounds completely fucking useless.
>>
>walk outside the "phone-free zone" to take a call
>don't put the phone back

wow that was hard
>>
>>61428483
forgot the mention

>pretend to close the bag or just put something over the knob
>>
>>61428091
So salty.
>>
Haven't there been enough terrorist attacks at concerts for people to think that maybe there would be good reasons why someone would want to access their phones quickly?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iurlPCzyUNU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY59mR44TLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8eMazr7Jvw
>>
File: LGGoProHelmet.jpg (76KB, 1000x890px) Image search: [Google]
LGGoProHelmet.jpg
76KB, 1000x890px
>>61423963
>holding a phone
>>
File: 51LhM6iUvNL._SY355_.jpg (15KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51LhM6iUvNL._SY355_.jpg
15KB, 355x355px
>>61423651
Can we apply this technology to chastity cages?
>>
>>61423651
live events have been ruined by retards who can't put down their phone and just enjoy it
>>
>>61423651
they already have these things. Go to any private party with real security and they'll put your phone in a bag.
>>
>>61428483
See:
>>61424005
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.