[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is this? I thought AMD was supposed to be the budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What the hell is this? I thought AMD was supposed to be the budget alternative to Intel, yet their cheapest CPU costs more than twice as much as Intel's.
>>
>>61421248
Those aren't official prices (TBC = to be confirmed), and the G4560 is already up to $80, due to market demands.
>>
>>61421280
The Celeron G3930 is $42.
>>
>>61421248
>i thought
Well you though wrong.
Now kill yourself.
>>
>>61421313
Yeah, and it's a dual core piece of shit.
Ryzen 3 is 4 cores and 8 threads.
>>
>>61421353
Ok, but where is AMD's $42 processor?
>>
>>61421364
You can buy some old-ass AM3 APU for that much. It probably runs the same or better than the Celeron, too (especially on integrated graphics)
>>
File: 1471850452928.png (262KB, 933x482px) Image search: [Google]
1471850452928.png
262KB, 933x482px
>>61421364
here
>>
*cheapest CPU worth a dam
>>
>>61421364
https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AD740KBOX&c=CJ
>>
>>61421390
>socket fm2+
I'm looking for something that's from this decade.
>>
File: index[1].jpg (33KB, 740x406px) Image search: [Google]
index[1].jpg
33KB, 740x406px
>4c/8t
Are those curryniggers at that rumour mill so set on being constantly wrong?

>http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ryzen-3-1300x-1291200-109-exc-vat.html
>>
>>61421412
Raven Ridge APUs should be pretty cheap. Dunno if they'll be $40 cheap.
>>
>>61421353
4C/4T

I don't know why these websites keep getting this shit wrong. R5 and up have SMT enabled. R3 does not.
>>
>>61421675
WCCFturd can't even be assed to update their copy-pasted Excel spreadsheets.
>>
>>61421697
>copy-pasted
>implying they didn't just make them up
>>
>>61422184
other people make that shit up

WCCF pajeets cant even be bothered to, its just copy and paste """""""""articles"""""""""""
>>
>>61421248
>memed
>>
>>61421248
>costs twice as much
>has twice the performance
>can be overclocked
:thinking:
>>
>>61421248
amdead
>>
AMD is not for paupers, if you are one you should look at intel's offerings.
>>
>>61421248
>wccftech
Not this shit again.
>>
I don't get why AMD don't sell the 9000 series APUs (Bristol Ridge) to consumers and not only to the OEMs.
I mean even if the cpu and gpu were crap, it would be better to get an AM4 motherboard and put one of those (that probably won't cost over $50) so when the zen based ones come replace it or even leave it if they do the task, as you probably look those only to not buy a dGPU and do office/browsing tasks. But now for that the only option is either a celeron turd or a pentium at best in a soon to be dead platform that is 1151.

>inb4 1151 isn't dead
Jewtell will probably pull a 775 Bentium to 775 Core2 with the 1151v3 and making koffing lake only compatible with Z/H 3xx chipsets
>>
>>61421248
>AMD was supposed to be the budget alternative to Intel

You must have completely missed their financial presentations.

No, AMD is no longer a budget alternative - and they very plainly say that they are not trying to be. They basically turned their backs on their entire customer base.

AMD is trying to go after the highly profitable high-end market segments. This is what they are targeting. This is why we got a Ryzen R7 before R5 and the R3's were an afterthought. This is why they are trying to push EPIC and Threadripper.

How well this will work out.. who knows.
>>
>>61421465
They won't be cheaper than the R3's, that's for sure.

The Raven Ridge chips aren't that far out, support for them is merged into Linux kernel 4.13git so I don't think they are more than a month or three away.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.