[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets battle it out for the best RE debugger /g/entlemen. IDA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: RE_0x0345602.jpg (24KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
RE_0x0345602.jpg
24KB, 300x377px
lets battle it out for the best RE debugger /g/entlemen.

IDA pro is my go-to for RE.
Olly is for that poverty shit RE.

Post up your Debuggers, and what your working on.
>>
>cringe RE thread
>which debugger is best xDDDD

we did it reddit
>>
>>61417060
I want to be a hacker like you to. how do I be come a hacker??
>>
>>61417261
>>cringe RE thread
>>which debugger is best xDDDD

I thought this was /g/
>>
>>61417276
you can always install gentoo.

corny jokes aside, you do know RE isn't generally considered "hacking" right?
>>
>>61417261
>xDDDD

and I'm cringy right?
back to the youtube comment section you go kid.
>>
>>61417060
I use gdb
>>
>>61417331
>linux.
>meh.

it's all about content. if your ever loose internet connection your desktop becomes heating unit with a desk lamp attached.

why not crack win32 apps?
>>
x64dbg
>>
http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/1/db
>>
>>61417060
I use otool because I haven't bothered to fire up my shareware version of IDA Pro yet, and gdb doesn't work unless the binary has debug symbols in it.
>>
>>61417293
Depends on your definition of hacking.
>>
>>61417060
>"what your working on."

u first
>>
I came to ask how to get started with reverse engineering but really man? "which debugger is best?" come on
>>
>>61421630
IDApro
>>
>>61421142
debugging win32 activator.
ever since the whole SMB mess last year, Microsoft has been pretty admen in updating CR protection and making sure people don't freeze clocks.

this one will be a while.

Give it a shot anon, maybe you'll beat the russians at it.
>>
>>61419556
>I use otool

waaaaay to slow anon. I rather Olly than do that.
shit was always resource hungry on my Pent4 back in the day.

give IDA pro a try, it's far better.
>>
>>61421630
>I came to ask how to get started with reverse engineering but really man? "which debugger is best?" come on

sorry i'm not a teacher. go else where.
>>
>>61419578
I'm pretty sure your definition of hacking is some "anti-social" tool in front of a computer using multiple colorful terminals and typing really fast.

at least that's what the general public now believes since Hollywood is cashing in on the script kiddies using prepackaged exploits to "hack" into garbage servers.

this is not a hacking thread. This is a reverse engendering thread. there is a difference.
call it cracking if you must, but not hacking.
>>
>>61417060
Not mentioning Hopper, Immunity nor radare. Bunch of normies.
>>
>>61423743
>Immunity

watched some Chinese guy c inject into pretty much anything on gta5 a year ago. it was beautiful. Immunity gets my respect.

oldfags always either olly or ida. and since I'm not one of those node.js metrosexuals wearing unfitted winter caps in 90+ degree weather I have to stick with IDA.
>>
>>61422930
hacking verb
a. to modify (a computer program or electronic device) or write (a program) in a skillful or clever way: Developers have hacked the app.

b. to circumvent security and break into (a network, computer, file, etc.), usually with malicious intent: Criminals hacked the bank's servers yesterday.

and so you know, the CIA and NSA "hackers" are nothing but script kiddies
>>
>>61424000
>and so you know, the CIA and NSA "hackers" are nothing but script kiddies

you do know what script kiddie means right?
It means the people who nmap and msfconsole and find a outdated box. it doesn't make you a hacker because you can follow a youtube video on how to scan for vulnerabilities.

the CIA and NSA often employ teams of programmers that write 0day exploits like the SMB exploits last year or the FuzzBunch framework.

THOSE people I would consider "hackers" in every respect of the word. the people WRITING the shell code for the fuzzed application version. anything else other than that is simple point and click hacking or malware campaigns like the ones that come out of Russia every other month.

but again, this is a software RE thread, it has nothing to do with Web app security or network security, so B would be out of the question.

A.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.