[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For anyone who does editing of anime and other videos that use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

For anyone who does editing of anime and other videos that use subtitles...whats the easiest way to fix subtitles which are not in sync with the video/audio? I'm trying to add subtitles to a classic anime GaiGaiGar which got a bluray release, but nobody has subbed it yet as far as I can tell. Adding old subtitle files to the RAWS, I have this issue:

1. Before the opening song---they are slow by what I calculated to be about 1000ms
2. After the opening song, they are fast...haven't figured it out yet

My point is, I'd have to offset the subtitles in two places---differently before, and after the OP. I'm not sure if the easiest option would be to edit the subtitle files themselves, or if this is something that would be easier to fix in video editing software of some sort?
>>
Well shit....editing the subtitle files themselves would be hell, I'd have to change the time for each line right?

Is there any way to offset the subtitles in two different locations? MKVToolnix comes with the option to offset subtitles, but only once (overall).
>>
>>61416527
Well, first thing, use aegisub.

Second, work with frames, not milliseconds, it's just easier.

Load video and subs in aegisub

Then shift select the first chunk and shift the time (subtitle > shift times) however you want.

Do the same thing with second chunk.

Pay attention to the audio waveform, it helps you a lot
>>
>>61416540
Aegisub lets you shift arbitrary blocks of lines by arbitrary numbers of frames and/or milliseconds. It also lets you then automatically resnap those shifted subs to nearby keyframes. So it's mostly automatable, especially when you ignore the audio altogether (since you probably don't know the original timer's leadin/leadout preferences and how much leadin/leadout is an autism tarpit) and retime by how many frames signs need to be shifted.

That said, I'd suggest you don't do it, because if you need to be told this you probably don't know how to tell when you've gotten it right. Find someone working on it who HAS timed before, it should be easy timers are absolute dime-a-dozen bottomfeeders, and offer to work with them.
>>
I'm an ex fansubber. unit_zero_fun if it matters.
Do you have the BDMVs?
I've been thinking of doing a small BD project to get back into it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.