[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 9:00 on a Saturday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: macbookpro2018concept.jpg (74KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
macbookpro2018concept.jpg
74KB, 1200x900px
Just fucking tell me if I should wait for the 2018 model. Pic related.
I have a mid-2010 maxed-out Macbook Pro as my primary computer, and a Gentoo home server for my linux/programming shit. The macbook is getting old, falling apart a bit, and I really wanna keep iMessage. But the 2017 model went full USB-Ctard and I'm not sure it'll get any better.
Thoughts?
>>
>>61396370
Apple wont push for something as retarded as that until they figure out a way to have proper tactile feedback on a touchscreen.
>>
>>61396450
I don't literally think that it'll be all-touchscreen. I'm just wondering if they'll do anything smarter r.e the ports. Like bring back magsafe or at least give me one USB-A port. Otherwise I may as well switch now
>>
>>61396370
bibbity bump
>>
>>61396370
A lot of /g will shit on you because apple, but I think their os is cozy.
Thoughts? I think that the only good Mac laptop right now that isn't three years old is the Air, but even that clearly shows its age and is underpowered to begin with.
That being said, I absolutely hate the new keyboard they put in the new macbook/pro, I don't like the fake click trackpad, I don't like the usb-c garbage, I don't like the touchbar that they're forcing on anyone who wants to get good specs.
It's a toss-up whether they'll come to their senses next time around or if they'll just do more whack stuff.
>>
File: lenovo yoga book.jpg (235KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo yoga book.jpg
235KB, 2040x1360px
>>61396370
We already tried 'virtual' keys on a laptop.
It didn't work out.
>>
>>61396370
you know how those keyboards on blackberry phones double as gesture/touchpads?

why doesn't apple do that
>>
File: true disgust.jpg (861KB, 2372x3159px) Image search: [Google]
true disgust.jpg
861KB, 2372x3159px
>>61397365
>>
>>61397346
Except when Applel does it their fanbois and blogshills will proclaim it revolutionary magical and game changing.
>>
>>61397443
I haven't seen even the biggest iShills say anything about 'revolution' since a little after Apple introduced the iPhone.
>>
>>61397247
fair enough. I'm not a stickler for keyboards, and the touchpad is usable for me. also the touchbar is bullshit, but I map my capslock to Esc so I can deal with that.
Honestly what I think I care about most is: solid OS (linux on laptops is a dumpster fire, and forget about HiDPI), solid build quality (can't argue with that), and faster processor than what I have now. Also it sounds odd but iMessage on my laptop has been a killer feature for me for the past few years.
>>
bumperino. Does anyone have a suggestion for something that fits the bill ^ that isn't the new Macbook pro? I'm not that tied to Apple
>>
>>61397365
If you're thinking apple should do that on laptop
This >>61397398
But on the phone that already do that. (6s and 7) You force press on the keys and move around as a cursor
>>
Go for the 2015 model. I got one and I'm pretty happy.
>>
I have a 2015 13".
Should I swap it for a 2013 15"?
The 13" macbooks dual cores suck desu
>>
File: 1486567592732.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1486567592732.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>61399689
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.