[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will phones ever replace laptops and desktops?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: the new germans.jpg (146KB, 834x822px) Image search: [Google]
the new germans.jpg
146KB, 834x822px
Will phones ever replace laptops and desktops?
>>
No. There will always be a market for bigger, more powerful machines.
>>
No. Phones and lap-/desktops will become the common ancestors of a new generation of devices.

This should be obvious if you think about it. "Phones?" As in the dinosaur of technology that is traditional telephony? I think we're all going to be surprised how swiftly that gets replaced in our lifetimes. With it will go the devices, too. Phones are not long for this world.
>>
>>61395612
Phones will be much more popular. But Desktops and laptops will still be around.
>>
as soon as mobile websites become usable
>>
For internet usage they already did
>>
It did for a lot of people. People that just use the internet for social media and shopping.
>>
>>61395612
Is that Bubbles from The Wire?

Also no.

>>>/b/
>>
File: continuum-elite-x3-setup2.jpg (171KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
continuum-elite-x3-setup2.jpg
171KB, 1200x900px
>>61395612
For the average consumer, yes. Eventually most people will just have a smartphone and a DEX style dock (or some wireless system) to launch Windows 10 or some desktop UI version of Android on an external display. Smartphone SoCs are already more than powerful enough to handle basic pc usage like browsing and word processing. Only gamers and professionals will still have dedicated PCs.
>>
>>61395827
Not, that won't be the case because of storage issues, it's never gonna be the same as with laptop or desktop computer. Not to mention the useful features bigger hardware has that phones don't.
>>
File: BLACKED:1945 Edition.jpg (466KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED:1945 Edition.jpg
466KB, 460x640px
>>61395773
>>61395844
>>
>>61395844
That's why it should be redefined
>>
>>61395875

Why should it be redefined? Europeans have been in Americas over 450 years and still they are not called Native-Americans. It must take at least the same amount of time before we start to call non-native people as Native-Europeans.

Karma is a bitch ;^)
>>
>>61395850
>storage issues
what do you mean? Smartphones already come with 128-256gb, that's what most laptops with SSDs have.

>useful features
Such as?
>>
File: 1499302872982.jpg (16KB, 251x331px) Image search: [Google]
1499302872982.jpg
16KB, 251x331px
>>61395898
The real karma will come when there are no more white faces on this earth.
>>
File: skol.jpg (72KB, 788x685px) Image search: [Google]
skol.jpg
72KB, 788x685px
>>61395920

Until then your black ass will call me and other white faces as Native-European when you are in Europe ;^)
>>
I've work with a lot of people that never used a computer before but learned how to use a smart phone.
>>
>>61395612
With the way current software developers just throw processing power at their shitty, ripped-straight-from-stack-overflow code? Nope, never.
>>
They already have for 90% of all internet use.
>>
>>61395612
For personal use they already are, especially in less developed countries.
>>
>>61396275
>>>/pol/ , race-bait doesnt work here you fat fuck
>>
File: 1494959833032.png (94KB, 680x788px) Image search: [Google]
1494959833032.png
94KB, 680x788px
did matches replace lighters?
>>
>>61395612
yo whattup bubbles?
>>
>>61396225
You don't have people all day connected to their phones?
>>
>>61396324
kek
>>
File: smug.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>61396275

No but your black ass will call mine white ass as Native-European. And you will smile when you say that. But that isn't the best part of it...

The best part is that your children will also call mine children as Native-European. And this will go on at least 450 years. Why?

White people are not Native-Americans even tho they have lived over 450 years in America. White people are not Aboriginals even tho they have lived over 400 years in Australia. White people are not Native-Africans even tho they have lived over 350 years in Africa.

Why should we have any different rules here in Europe then? Black people will not be Native-Europeans in at least 450 years. And during that time you and your children will call us Native-Europeans as native. And we keep calling you as immigrants. Just like everywhere else.

Karma is a bitch I guess...
>>
>>61395612
Actually no, in the future, it will be illegal to own a computer or phone. All storage and processing will be done on massive servers that streams content to a screen and wireless chip. This is what corporations and governments ultimately want, no more piracy, no more privacy.
>>
>>61395920
Fuck off bettendorf
>>
>>61395898
>Karma is a bitch ;^)

Muh evil Europeans!!!!

Every culture on Earth conquered areas, Europeans were just the last and most successful.

Fuck, the Ottomans conquered half of Southern Europe, why aren't they criticised in the same way European empires are? Just because they have brown skin they should be immune to criticism?
>>
When did 4chan turn into /pol/?
>>
File: poojeet.jpg (22KB, 244x305px) Image search: [Google]
poojeet.jpg
22KB, 244x305px
>>
>>61397268
>having a remotely right wing opinion means you're /pol/

When are millennials going to grow up?
>>
>>61397290
When are millenials going to stop destroying the universe itself and everything you hold dear to your heart?
>>
>>61397290

Tangential political discussion in every active general interest board can be attributed to /pol/ or perhaps reddit.
>>
>>61397317
I am a millennial, but it's fucking embarrassing listening to how one sided their arguments are, and their complete inability to consider the other side of an argument which they may not completely agree with.

It's funny that a demographic generally obsessed with 'diversity' can't handle political diversity.
>>
>>61395898
They're still called Americans.
Do you call Germans Native-Germans?
>>
>>61395850
Flash storage degrades with time and doesn't last nearly as long as HDDs, not to mention 256GB aren't nearly enough for a lot of people just for phone files, now what if you have to keep both your desktop and phone stuff in one device? And even if you could buy a device with more storage most people won't want to because storage on phones is pretty expensive, way too expensive.

Useful features like acual USB ports and CD drives, which I understand may seem like dying technology, but a lot of people still use them.

Then there's the fact that Phones like that usually run a crippled version of a desktop Os. So it's kind of like buying a surface tablet, expensive and runs a practically useless Windows version.
>>
>>61395919
Shit, sorry, retarded mistake, the last comment was a reply for you. Those are just my thoughts tho, I wouldn't mind seeing phones actually achieve that in the future, it would be pretty nice.
>>
>>61397444
>Flash storage degrades with time and doesn't last nearly as long as HDDs
Doesn't matter, people don't keep their phones long enough for this to become an issue

>not to mention 256GB aren't nearly enough for a lot of people just for phone files
more than enough for the average consumer who has his photos and videos in the cloud and streams his movies and music. Also keep in mind that most current smartphones with expandable storage support up to 2TB MicroSD cards.

>Useful features like actual USB ports and CD drives, which I understand may seem like dying technology, but a lot of people still use them.
Well that's what the dock is for, but again this isn't something the average consumer uses anymore

>Then there's the fact that Phones like that usually run a crippled version of a desktop Os. So it's kind of like buying a surface tablet, expensive and runs a practically useless Windows version.
As long as it does browsing and the usual normie apps then it's enough for most. And having a single device do everything is cheaper than multiple different devices for each use case.

I'm not saying that dedicated desktop PCs will disappear completely, it'll just become more of a niche product (you could argue it is that already). Most people do the same stuff on their PC as they do on their smartphones, it's just more comfy to have a larger screen and keyboard.
>>
>>61395612
Not completely as advanced users will always want a computer/laptop, but for most average users they already have. I mean think about, how many people that have no idea about technology do you see with a laptop instead of a phone/tablet.
>>
Computers will eventually be seen as something nerdy and trendy for hipsters to obsess over while everyone takes to phones due its connection with content creation.

Something like a desk fedora that you own as a status symbol.
>>
>>61395920
>inb4 blacks will slowly become white due to living in places with less sun
>>
>>61395612
Touchscreen keyboards are gay as fuck and slow, so no.
>>
is there a way to filter out dumb phoneposters?
>>
>>61401212

Human kind will eventually become white/pale. If we ever leave this planet our new home probably doesn't have as much light as earth has.

Also the normal state of universe and space is lightless. If we want to space travel we must be able to survive without sun light.

So even "white" people will become even whiter than they are. Because space has even less light than Europe has.
>>
>>61402081
What if we put tanning beds on our space stations?
>>
>>61402081
The atmosphere actually absorbs quite a lot of radiation, especially uv. If you go just above the earth's atmosphere and face the sun, ignoring the lack of air, you will get fucked up by the radiation quickly, but I dare say darker skinned invidividuals will get fucked up less quickly. So in space near stars, black slim will be selected for.
>>
/pol/ why is it too much to fucking ask you cunts to keep /pol/ in /pol/?
>>
>>61402343
I don't think there's really been much /pol/ ITT, apart from the ops picture and some low energy ironic posting. Calling out /pol/ at any hint of a vaguely right of centre political opinion will make the calling out powerless and trite desu. It should be reserved for actual /pol/ opinions
>>
>>61402343
Nice strawman faggot
>>
>>61402425
This is clearly a /pol/ crosspost, it's a popular /pol/ image. The 'question' being asked is barely a question at all, this happens on all boards. Generic as fuck questions with racially charged images attached to them to 'le trol xDddd' us into becoming racists.

It's uninspired, it's poorly executed, it reeks of Reddit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.