[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

React vs Angular 4+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1-MRPl_SNuRGJchb6eOAnkSA.jpg (248KB, 1024x923px) Image search: [Google]
1-MRPl_SNuRGJchb6eOAnkSA.jpg
248KB, 1024x923px
What fits best with an asp.net core backend?
>>
File: respire.jpg (55KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
respire.jpg
55KB, 600x770px
please tell me how to into asp.net. I have been taking courses at Launchcode but I cant get into it as much as python(raspberry pi) and html(building a fancy website).

what should I do/learn to get into it?
>>
>>61395177

Visual Studio is the best IDE for asp.net.
>>
>>61395117
React with MobX

also don't use microsoft technologies
>>
>>61395235
fuck you nigger i was asking how i can get motivated to learn c#
>>
>>61395117
You'll want to go with Angular 4 with Typescript if you're in .net world. It's a great combination as Typescript gives you the feel of C# as well (the lead architect of C# headed up the Typescript project).
>>
I used to say react with redux but now i say react with rxjs, or cycle.js

never angulel
>>
>>61395117
All of these things sound like shit to me. Just make a website instead of trying to make an "app".
>>
>>61395117
>React
>Angular 4+
Neither
>asp.net core backend
Jesus christ, what the fuck are you doing nigga?!?
>>
>>61395468
fuck off bryan lunduke
>>
Neither.
>>
>>61395479
we used asp.net core for a few projects, its kinda ok if you like MVC

i have started getting so tired of c# after using hasklel and rust for all my personal projects though
>>
File: sleepingpill.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
sleepingpill.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
>>61395510
I have learned python and some html... could you explain how i get into this "strongly coded language" and "MVC"

what kind of project could I do to learn this shit?
>>
>>61395510
>mvc on front and back end
Please be joking.
>>
>>61395569
I never said i use mvc on front end
>>
>>61395550
Not sure really, sorry. I have been programming since child
>>
I like Laravel+Vue, something like adminlte for the looks and socket.io for some livestuff (i dont like echo).
It is kinda painfull to setup the first time but if you do it clean you can reuse many components and there is a lot off stuff already made for you in vue components.

https://github.com/vuejs/awesome-vue/blob/master/README.md
>>
>>61395380
>Angular 4 with Typescript
Seconding this, regardless of what you use for the backend.
>>
>>61395117
Neither. Use Elm
>>
>>61395117
You can really use whatever.

But like >>61395380 >>61395769 said, use angular with typescript for that delicious intellisense and readable code.

Personally I use some lightweight library like knockoutjs and some handmade javascript to keep it nice, lean and fast.
>>
>>61395117
ASP is a low-level server side language that nobody's used for 20 years and they didn't even like back then

React and Angular are two very high-level JavaScript frameworks that employ several cutting edge paradigms

That's like saying "I have a background in wood and building the foundation of a house, which piece of CAD software should I use to design chairs?"

Can't even draw a paralell there. Just look into them both, I can't imagine knowledge of ASP would factor into web development in 2017 in any form.
>>
>>61396422

Are you really th stupid?
>>
>>61395117
write your own framework instead.
>>
>>61395235
Rider just left beta last week, but I used it through the beta at work for the last 4 months or so with no problems.
It's the sexiness of the IntelliJ platform but for C# /.NET.
>>
>>61395117
Neither. Razor offers templating to fit your needs.
>>
>>61395550
Pick up Java and learn read up about design patterns

Java is great for learning stuff like this

Do some simple data processing stuff to learn
>>
>>61396635
Listen to this anon. I'm trapped writing a SPA in a deprecated framework targeting IE11. Trust me when I tell you that if your project is big enough to need a router, use Razor and make a real website. SPAs are cancer and only exist because javascript developers are cheaper than ASP.NET/JavaEE developers.
>>
>>61396960
At least IE11 is standards-compliant.
>>
Well, compliant to *old* standards. You still have to clutter you code with bullshit like
var myFunc = function() { return doStuff(); }

instead of
var myFunc = () => doStuff();

or
str.indexOf(pattern) === 0

instead of
str.startsWith(pattern)
>>
>>61395510
Have you tried F#?
>>
>>61395117
I don't use C# but React is far superior to Angular.

May the Christian Lord guide your hand against the Google Popery!
>>
>>61395550
MVC is pretty much code word for putting code in folders.

Models are your database code. This is where you define schema(s), do presave manipulations, etc. Put this shit in the 'models' directory.

Controllers are your workhorse. Controllers are the middleman between the views and the models. This is where the logic goes - grabbing data based on a model, doing sorts, filtering out data, etc. Put this shit in the 'controllers' directory.

Views are fucking views. This is where your html or template language of choice goes.

There you go you just learned the basics of MVC.

If you want to do a project that teaches MVC, build a blog using a framework of your choice that implments MVC architecture. There's about 4 billion of them. I'm not too familiar with Python, but I guaran-fucking-tee that they have one.

One concept you might want to look into before starting is 'middleware', typically this is code that is run before a controller function is run. It's used for things like authorization, error handling, etc.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.