[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh look is the " I want the installation of the OS to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Arch.sh.png (19KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Arch.sh.png
19KB, 700x700px
Oh look is the " I want the installation of the OS to be as painful as possible" distro!
>>
That's not gentoo
>>
>>61391003
...and then pacman -Syu to totally fuck up everything
>>
>>61391137
>blaming others for your failures
>>
>>61391003
wtf that's not Linux from Scratch
>>
File: 1477921661513.png (1MB, 1100x794px) Image search: [Google]
1477921661513.png
1MB, 1100x794px
>He said he thinks Gnu/Arch Gnu/Linux is difficult to install
>>
>>61391170
>LFS

who the FUCK even attempted to use that monster?
>>
<<61391003
# pacbootstrap
Done lol.

<<61391137
lmao top meme kek
>>
>>61391235
>pacbootstrap
>>
Just follow the fucking install guide you mongoloid.
>>
>Arch too painful to install
>Not using Antergos Linux
Lmao
>>
actually that's gentoo
t. installing Gentoo right fucking now and the power blinked and i can't chroot into my system again and i might cry
>>
>>61391003
i just want all this meme around my distro to be gone before it is ruined and nobody supports it because it was ruined by memes
i like arch ;_;
>>
>>61391328
>i like arch
y tho
>>
>>61391124
Is gentoo really harder to install or just way longer?
>>
>>61391348
does it takes just way longer*
>>
>>61391337
it's a rolling release minimal distro with a huge user repository (there is rarely something I can't find there) and it's easy as shit to use actually and arch users themselves play up the "hard to use" meme to make themselves seem cooler
>>
This is a very funny, enjoyable, interesting, high-quality post.
>>
>>61391283
i really don't understand why people think a bloated "distro" bundled with deprecated packages that keeps the original rolling release system instead of having a repo just to ensure more imposing system management is a good thing?

arch is easier without it

the thing about minimal is you manage the packages you install and don't have to worry about what someone else did

antergos has no place anywhere
>>
>>61391337
vanilla
binary
up to date
>>
>>61391377
AUR is a retarded meme
>>
reminder that the arch devs don't give a flying fuck about how retarded their own distro is

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
>>
>>61391226
I did!
It was a great learning experience.
It opens your eyes on how retarded most of distros are.
>>
File: costanza2.jpg (16KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
costanza2.jpg
16KB, 375x375px
>>61391003
>he's illiterate
>>
>>61391362
It just takes longer. If you can read you're fine, short of hardware problems.
>>
>>61391226
I did when it was still new, a long time ago. I was curious how the whole process of building a distro went, it was a valuable learning experience.

However I would never recommend anyone do it.
>>
>>61391664
there are no arch devs in that discussion
>>
>>61391579
how the fuck do you come to that conclusion

tell me more
>>
>>61391664
>>61392471
kek'd
>>
>>61391739
>>61392435
would you do it again?
>>
>thinks arch is hard to install
Wow.
>>
>>61391348
Harder as well.
You're expected to configure your kernel and to choose the proper use flags for some of the software you use (Portage will take care of choosing the use flags for the dependecies though).
>>
>>61391003
https://arch-anywhere.org/
Oh wow. So hard.
pacstrap
+ Wiki
WTF Ihaf type command n sheit? lololololoololol who use dis?
>>
>>61391003
strangely, arch is the distro that over the years has given me the absolute smallest amount of fuckery, breakages, and tantrums of all
>>
>>61391283
>not using Revenge Installer to get Arch
>>
>>61391003
https://sourceforge.net/projects/revenge-installer/

this exists, anon. it's not hard.
>>
>>61391348
Harder? Not really. The deal breaker for me though is the shitty BSD wannabe package manager that is slow as hell.Gentoo isn't all that great,desu.
>>
*dabs into thread*
>>
But the thing almost holds your hand during installation now.
>>
come on OP they even generate your fucking fstab for you like you are a little babby
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.