[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Change of Heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: changeofheart.jpg (74KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
changeofheart.jpg
74KB, 416x416px
I'm an cybersec/sysadmin guy for the past 4 years.

The pay is good but I feel I'm fed up, and nothing is interesting anymore. last year I took a Java programming course which I finished 2 motnhs ago and instantly fell in love with development.

I'm currently self-learning Android, Node.js, Python and React.js, and developing self project w/friends.

My goal is to find a developer job for a few months, then get to Uni and work as a freelancer, but I fear nobody will take me anytime soon because no experience.

Has anyone here had a career change like this and got tips?
>>
Depending on where you live you might get hired just if you are WILLING to learn programming. Payment won't be good at first but it will raise rapidly if you do well. Developers are extremely in demand atm - there is insane shortage.
>>
How can you be a cybersec guy and not know how to program?
>>
Brother, if you have a strong systems background and you can also program recruiters will throw themselves at you and you beg you to work for them. This assumes you want an SRE or devops job, though.
>>
>>61387772
I programmed a lot of scripts in Python and powershell.
Occasionally some simple GUI tools in C#,
but never something major until now
>>
>>61387834
>powershell
prandip spotted
>>
>>61387705
How did you get into the cybersec field? I want to get in but I don't know how
>>
>>61388322
Military.

Only other way to get it there is either get a degree, or start from low-end jobs like helpdesk.

if you do get there however go for pentesting/researcher career. Other stuff just sucks
>>
>>61387705
man i loved that card
>>
>>61389071
for like how long, the 2 days that it wasn't banned?
>>
>>61387705
>Java programming course
Not enough to land you a job

>Android, React
You picked these probably because they are popular now, but tomorrow there will be other technologies. BTW, mobile development and web development are totally different and each one is a discipline in their own. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can easily go pro on both of them, you will need years.

>node, Python
Useless crap. Delete them from your brain.
>>
>>61389210
>Python
>crap

Almost all data science and ML is done in Python, you are just rehashing /g/ bullshit
>>
You're IT, don't call yourself security unless you're finding 0day
>>
>>61389210
I picked Android and react becuase my friends develop with them, and I want to be a freelance web and mobile dev like they are

>>61389332
Don't really care how you define me, I run and administrate security systems, got some SOC and forensics experience and I had enough.

Now I want to be a developer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.