[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discord and Private Information

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

How do I use Discord anonymously?

I keep getting invited to a Discord but I don't want my IP address or any personal information given out to people.

Or is Discord fairly secure in keeping user information private?
>>
>>61383957
votnet meme shit
>>
>>61384086
What?

I come to /g/ once every few years.

I just need a little input so I can make up my mind.
>>
Oh no not your IP!
>>
>>61383957
why the fuck do people use discord when there are alternatives that are just as good if not better?
>>
>>61383957
Discord is a botnet, it retrieves all your data :
https://discordapp.com/privacy
> We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images, transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only) or other content you send via the chat feature.

Buf if you want secure your IP, message, ... against other users, Discord is good.

So, you can use Discord only if you don't write things you wish never to know about you.
>>
>>61384201
None of them are as convenient
>>
>>61383957
use torify
>>
>>61384209
Botnet is when it actively uses resources of your computer to do things you're not aware of it doing. Logging the data you willingly send to their services does not make anything a botnet.
>>
>>61384331
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
> click
>>
>>61384396
That is an incorrect definition of botnet.
>>
>>61384439
Get out newfaggot.
>>
>>61384470
A misquote.
>>
>>61383957
android emulator dummy email log in using a vpn
>>
>>61384218
Wire
>>
File: 1495027823289.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495027823289.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>61384619
Thank you.
>>
>>61384439
That is the /g/ definition of botnet that doesn't have any relation to the actual definition of botnet. Get the fuck out summerfag.
>>
>>61383957
How was VPN not in the first 5 responses.
/g/ is terrible.
>>
>>61385561
He want protect her IP against other users. If it doesn't click on iplogger, he don't need a VPN.
>>
>>61385561
Fuck off back to ur shitcord
>>
>>61385561
How is a VPN going to protect you from >personal information given out to people?
Discord literally logs all your convos and sells them to data brokers.
>>
>>61383957
>How do I use Discord anonymously?
You don't.

Simple as that...
>>
>>61385561
Holy fuck you're retarded. It wouldn't do shit in this case. Your voice and text data is stored on discord servers and so is any other personal data. VPN can do shit about this. It would be as "effective" as "borrowing" your neighbor's WiFi.
>>
>>61383957
>not using smoke signals to communicate with people at distance
holy fuck OP you're retarded
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.