[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>.rar/zip/7zip has multiple files inside >.rarer/zipper/7zipper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>.rar/zip/7zip has multiple files inside
>.rarer/zipper/7zipper didn't put then into a folder
>>
>>61381792
>download manga chapters
>half of them are in the root directory of the archive, and the other half are in a folder in the root directory of the archive
>forced to go into them and pull the files out of the superfluous nested directory structure

I don't deal with their shitty-ass special snowflake chapter naming conventions either. Top directory is manga name, sub directories are chapter numbers, that's fucking IT.

Boku no Pico
|
-->0
-->1
-->3
>>
>>61381792
right click and extract to new folder you retard
>>
>>61381846
that takes an extra second
>>
>>61381792
archives are unpacked exactly how they were packed.
It is up to the person who packed them to put them all into a folder and then pack the actual folder. If they go into the directory and pack loose files, guess what you are gonna get?

protip: always make a new folder move the archive to the new folder, and then unpack it there.
If you get a single folder, then move it, if you get a mess of files then you just saved yourself extra work. Delete the archie, move up to the parent directory, and rename the new folder accordingly.
>>
>>61383073
I fucking hate that I need to do this shit manually.
>>
>>61383513
yea its annoying.
If you wanted to get autistic about it you could make a shell script or a C program that will:
get the name of the file - the extension
make a directory with file name
move archive to file
extract the contents of the file
delete the original archive (no wildcards to safeguard against nested archives)
count the contents of the current directory
and if the contents are more than a single folder then leave it as is
but if it is just a single folder then move that current folder up one directory level and delete the now empty folder

Im sure you can add a shortcut for this into the rightclick menu on every os.
>>
>>61381792
That's why I use atool on Linux. It takes care of things like this. If there are multiple files in the root of archive it makes new folder and puts files in there.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.